Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Alex Carrington DE

Bookmark and Share
    orignally from pittsburgh,but now stuck in browns country :(northeast ohio 30mins south of cleveland

My Social Networks

Add mcfly06 on Facebook

Alex Carrington DE

What are your guys thoughts of us signing this this guy. He didn't put up big numbers at Buffalo but still never know what he could do with us. I wouldn't mind it since we have no one but Heyward right now, and he is young he's 27. I know he was visiting us today and were really interested. Would it be a good fit?

Assistant Coach
    he was one of my favorite non-1st round draft prospects in 2010... i wanted him badly. If we sign him, he'll start...

He's a long, perfectly framed player for 5 tech. He was really coming on in Buffalo before tearing his quad last year.

Bottom line... he's developed and ready. Another team put in the time and effort, and we have a chance to reap the rewards. Sign him now!
    Quote Originally Posted by ChucktownSteeler View Post
    Info needs to be verified by a link. Nice try.

orignally from pittsburgh,but now stuck in browns country :(northeast ohio 30mins south of cleveland

My Social Networks

Add mcfly06 on Facebook
    Quote Originally Posted by NeilPatrickBanana View Post
    he was one of my favorite non-1st round draft prospects in 2010... i wanted him badly. If we sign him, he'll start...

He's a long, perfectly framed player for 5 tech. He was really coming on in Buffalo before tearing his quad last year.

Bottom line... he's developed and ready. Another team put in the time and effort, and we have a chance to reap the rewards. Sign him now!
    I agree I want him, that takes away a need really wouldn't have to spend a first or second round pick on a DE. We could get that later on just to get extra bodies in there. I still want WR or CB first and second round.

My Social Networks

Add mcfly06 on Facebook
    What do you think about Vince Wilfork if the money is right should we get him too, I would want both of them tho lol.

If the Steelers are going after a DE and the NT from SD, this means in the draft they will either select a WR/CB/ILB in the first.

Either

Mosley
    Gilbert
    Dennard
    Evans
    Ebron

Just my opinion.

Assistant Coach Real Deal Steel's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by steelchamp204 View Post
    If the Steelers are going after a DE and the NT from SD, this means in the draft they will either select a WR/CB/ILB in the first.

Either

Mosley
    Gilbert
    Dennard
    Evans
    Ebron

Just my opinion.
    I hear ya but they have to sign the guys first.
    The Steeler way...is the only way.

My Social Networks

Add mcfly06 on Facebook
    Yea I saw they wanted Cam Thomas from San Diego, the only bad thing about him is he's always been a backup in San Diego. But if they think he can start and really help us, Im all for it. I too think first round-second round should be WR and CB either one, don't matter too me which one they take in the first or second. I don't see Ebron tho he's a TE I don't know if we should use a first round pick on a TE..

He would be a day one starter, he blocks kicks too.

Hopefully they get it done...even if the browns offer more money we can hope the "not wanting to play for cleveland" thing holds true as it does for...well, everyone who plays in cleveland

Draft Pick
    Really want Carrington. Like the player a lot and he's a great fit. I'd feel like the starters were mostly in place, except maybe a WR slot. Obviously, still lots of depth needed...

Who are the great starters?? at say ILB, CB, NT plus the TE is aging fast.

We have missing chunks not pieces right now.

Thats if we get say Carrington today..

Thread Information