Page 9 of 87 FirstFirst ... 78910111959 ... LastLast

Thread: 1st RD PICK

Bookmark and Share

1st RD PICK

Not overreacting i would really be very upset if we traded back. We sorely need quality players, not depth
    However much you think you know about football, rest assured that Skip Bayless knows more!

Draft Pick
    Quote Originally Posted by JensK View Post
    We sorely need quality players
    and a quality coach too.

Not overreacting i would really be very upset if we traded back. We sorely need quality players, not depth
    We missed/lost in the CB department after 4 years... lewis, gay, butler, brown. we need to pay a big salary to fix this hole right now. release the Ike and Buy Now.

Assistant Coach Real Deal Steel's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by coldrolled View Post
    We missed/lost in the CB department after 4 years... lewis, gay, butler, brown. we need to pay a big salary to fix this hole right now. release the Ike and Buy Now.
    Would be nice huh? Just go out and pay a big ticket guy and be done with it. Like Talib? Would be nice.
    The Steeler way...is the only way.

SA's #1 Pirates Fan Tetris Champion Black@Gold Forever32's Avatar
    My Mood
    Mad
    I don't care if the Steelers stay at 15, trade up, trade down....But the comments against the Steelers trading down in the first round for more pick cause they need quality more then quantity crack me up.......There are always quality players later in the draft....Hell look at the Seahawks most of that talented secondary were not first round picks..........The Steelers just need to do a better job drafting overall.......

Quote Originally Posted by Black@Gold Forever32 View Post
    I don't care if the Steelers stay at 15, trade up, trade down....But the comments against the Steelers trading down in the first round for more pick cause they need quality more then quantity crack me up.......There are always quality players later in the draft....Hell look at the Seahawks most of that talented secondary were not first round picks..........The Steelers just need to do a better job drafting overall.......

But you don't get it. Your right, but the problem is that Colbert needs all the help he can get IN selecting a good player so the higher the pick (we hope) that will help him not pick a bust player. I totally agree that there is quality all in the draft but Colbert's recent track record has people nervous. Recent not counting last year's draft (because the jury is still out.)

What kills me is people wanting to waste a first round draft pick on a safety when safety can easily be addressed in the second or third rounds. Like we could take Deon Buchanon (Washington St.) in the second round and be fine.

Because of the lack of total confidence I have in Colbert, I don't want to trade down. Now at least you understand why people don't want to trade down. How confident are you in Colbert uncovering two late round gems?

1st RD PICK

Quote Originally Posted by Black@Gold Forever32 View Post
    And Tom Brady was drafted in the 6th round etc. I know you can find a bunch of examples of good players drafted in the late rounds, but the fact remains that the top end of this draft is loaded - much more so than what we've seen in a while. It would be stupid to trade yourself away from a good pick in my opinion.
    However much you think you know about football, rest assured that Skip Bayless knows more!

Colbert needs all the help he can get. And by staying up there with the guys who have been looked at in multiple different ways, it should be easier for Colbert to not mess up.

My Mood
    Mad
    And Tom Brady was drafted in the 6th round etc. I know you can find a bunch of examples of good players drafted in the late rounds, but the fact remains that the top end of this draft is loaded - much more so than what we've seen in a while. It would be stupid to trade yourself away from a good pick in my opinion.
    My point was the Steelers need to do a better job in drafting period.....I really think they're behind the times in the drafting process....I know the Seahawks and other teams really are starting to use sabermetrics more and more when it comes to drafting and it seems the Steelers are still using old school methods.....

My Mood
    Mad
    Quote Originally Posted by Real Deal Steel View Post
    Colbert needs all the help he can get. And by staying up there with the guys who have been looked at in multiple different ways, it should be easier for Colbert to not mess up.
    Just not Colbert Real Deal....Coach Cliche has a say in the draft process as well.....

Thread Information