Page 87 of 87 FirstFirst ... 3777858687
Results 861 to 870 of 870

Thread: 1st RD PICK

          
   
   
    Bookmark and Share
  1. #861
    Draft Pick
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    Australia
    Posts
    411
    Shazier, interesting...

  2. #862
    Banned
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Palm Harbor, Fl
    Posts
    4,646
    i wonder how they'll use him....

    i suspect Timmons moves to the Buck, and Shazier becomes the Mack...
    or do the move him outside and take advantage of his elite first step...

    or get creative....

  3. #863
    2nd String
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    703
    Quote Originally Posted by NeilPatrickBanana View Post
    i wonder how they'll use him....

    i suspect Timmons moves to the Buck, and Shazier becomes the Mack...
    or do the move him outside and take advantage of his elite first step...

    or get creative....
    If Spence comes back fully Healthy ... things could get real creative ... yes I know that's a long shot, but what the heck

    Jarvis - Timmons - Shazier - Worilds - Spence ... you can be real creative with that

  4. #864
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Posts
    2,884
    Can he play corner, DE or WR? Cause otherwise, I don't get the selection.

  5. #865
    Veteran TarlsQtr's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Posts
    2,774
    My Mood
    Ratbirds

    1st RD PICK

    Quote Originally Posted by Nolrog View Post
    Can he play corner, DE or WR? Cause otherwise, I don't get the selection.
    I suspect the theory is improving the front 7 will improve the pass defense. We have always tried to protect the DBs with a strong front.

    Tuitt or Nix in round 2 if available.
    "If I could start my life all over again, I would be a professional football player, and you damn well better believe I would be a Pittsburgh Steeler." -Jack Lambert

  6. #866
    Assistant Coach steelchamp204's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Posts
    4,083
    Quote Originally Posted by TarlsQtr View Post
    I suspect the theory is improving the front 7 will improve the pass defense. We have always tried to protect the DBs with a strong front.

    Tuitt or Nix in round 2 if available.

    If that's the case, the DL should have been the priority. Where is Shazier fitting in if Spence has a hell of a mini camp??

  7. #867
    Draft Pick
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Toronto
    Posts
    399
    I don't think they'll come out and say it but I think they've moved on from expecting anything out of Spence.

  8. #868
    Starter SteelCityKid5's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Central PA
    Posts
    1,319
    Quote Originally Posted by KemoTherapy View Post
    I don't think they'll come out and say it but I think they've moved on from expecting anything out of Spence.
    http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com...play-football/

  9. #869
    Assistant Coach steelchamp204's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Posts
    4,083
    Quote Originally Posted by KemoTherapy View Post
    I don't think they'll come out and say it but I think they've moved on from expecting anything out of Spence.
    They are EXCITED he is back, he will probably be the day 1 starter next to Timmons. Where will Shazier fit in, IF that happens???

    Let me guess, they don't have high hope for Worilds returning after 2014-2015 and they will have Shazier OLB? If that's what they wanted. Why not go with Christian Jones in the 2nd?

  10. #870
    Assistant Coach Real Deal Steel's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Ranclho Cucamonga,California
    Posts
    5,598
    Quote Originally Posted by steelchamp204 View Post
    If that's the case, the DL should have been the priority. Where is Shazier fitting in if Spence has a hell of a mini camp??
    Are you forgetting how hard it is for a rookie to come in and contribute in LaBum's defense?? Look at JJ last year to get a bit of a vision on Shazier this coming year. I like Shazier but Labum's system inhibits LB's from being immediate impact players like they are in some of the other defenses around the league.
    The Steeler way...is the only way.

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 18
    Last Post: 03-01-2013, 09:20 AM
  2. PICK ME WITH THE FIRST PICK!!!
    By weakdraft in forum Steelers War Room
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 02-11-2013, 11:49 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •