Page 85 of 87 FirstFirst ... 35758384858687 LastLast

Thread: 1st RD PICK

Bookmark and Share
    Assistant Coach Real Deal Steel's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Big T View Post
    Even though Evans at 5 isn't a ridiculous reach like DHB was. But ya, no team in their right mind takes Evans over Watkins.
    Have you checked out the Raiders wide receivers? They have a guy their named Holmes and he's 6'3 and runs a 4.4. They already have a "Evans" in him. And Streeter isn't chopped liver either. I don't see their immediate need to take a WR. Yes Whatkins/Evans is an upgrade over Streeter but they have way more pressing needs. Like an offensive line.
    The Steeler way...is the only way.

@AdamSchefter: There's a WR-needy team in Top 10 that has a higher grade on Mike Evans than Sammy Watkins. Doesn't mean it takes him over Watkins, but...

Assistant Coach
    Quote Originally Posted by Real Deal Steel View Post
    Have you checked out the Raiders wide receivers? They have a guy their named Holmes and he's 6'3 and runs a 4.4. They already have a "Evans" in him. And Streeter isn't chopped liver either. I don't see their immediate need to take a WR. Yes Whatkins/Evans is an upgrade over Streeter but they have way more pressing needs. Like an offensive line.
    I saw that Holmes kid bust out in a game last year... I had no idea who he was.
    Return of the Banana

Assistant Coach
    Lol the whole point of this ridiculous argument was to point out that we have no idea if a player has fallen or risen on league boards. It's only media speculation for the most part.
    I truly hope you only engage that guy because you find entertainment in it...
    Return of the Banana

My Mood
    Ratbirds
    Even though Evans at 5 isn't a ridiculous reach like DHB was. But ya, no team in their right mind takes Evans over Watkins.
    Nor is Crabtree anywhere near Watkins.
    "If I could start my life all over again, I would be a professional football player, and you damn well better believe I would be a Pittsburgh Steeler." -Jack Lambert

My Mood
    Ratbirds
    Quote Originally Posted by Real Deal Steel View Post
    Uh, having a guy with similar measurables to Evans is light years away from having Mike Evans. I doubt that the Vikings, Cowboys, and Pats ALL failed to see that they had an "Evans" in him.

Either that, or DHB is the best receiver in the league and I did not know it.
    "If I could start my life all over again, I would be a professional football player, and you damn well better believe I would be a Pittsburgh Steeler." -Jack Lambert

Assistant Coach
    Quote Originally Posted by TarlsQtr View Post
    Nor is Crabtree anywhere near Watkins.
    ? confused ?
    Return of the Banana

My Mood
    Ratbirds
    Quote Originally Posted by NeilPatrickBanana View Post
    ? confused ?
    RDS's original comparison was taking DHB over Crabtree. Big T pointed out that DHB is no Evans and I was just pointing out that Watkins is far superior to Crabtree.

Or do you think otherwise?

Assistant Coach
    Quote Originally Posted by TarlsQtr View Post
    RDS's original comparison was taking DHB over Crabtree. Big T pointed out that DHB is no Evans and I was just pointing out that Watkins is far superior to Crabtree.

Or do you think otherwise?
    yes, I think otherwise.

While I would rate Watkins as the slightly better prospect (today vs Crabtree 09), the separation between the two is not even remotely what you are making it out to be. Stating that Crabtree isn't "anywhere near" him... or Watkins is "far superior" is a serious stretch.

No one was on the Watkins bandwagon before me, I've been raving about the guy for over a year... but Crabtree is in the conversation of top WRs in the NFL. Too bad he got injured last year.

If the 2009 draft were held over again, Crabtree is the #2 pick to St Louis.

Watkins and Crabtree are closer to equals, than they are to "different ballparks"
    Return of the Banana

Quote Originally Posted by NeilPatrickBanana View Post
    I truly hope you only engage that guy because you find entertainment in it...
    Indeed. It would be boring if everyone was sane

Thread Information