Page 57 of 87 FirstFirst ... 747555657585967 ... LastLast

Thread: 1st RD PICK

Bookmark and Share
    Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by K Train View Post
    What corner? That you keep calling him Sherma/Revis/Haden? Thats ridiculous
    There's a difference between what you are accusing me of saying, and what I've said... you know that.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Real Deal Steel View Post
    K,

Nothing,permanent,bablings doesn't care even when the actual draft proves his notions wrong. He's an ego maniac. So why continue to talk to Mr. fake Lex Luthor? LOL.
    I'm not sure what you are referring to with the bolded... actually, I'm not even sure what that entire word salad even means.

Regardless, it's play on the football field that inevitably proves right or wrong.
    (Just because Minnesota took Ponder 10th overall, doesn't mean I wasn't absolutely right that he had garbage for an arm, and wasn't worth drafting in the first 3 rounds).

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Big T View Post
    If it means the coaching staff will play to his strengths and play him in press man all game, I'd be 100% down for Dennard if he's there. I know the coaching staff isn't collectively stupid, but I'd hate to see his talents wasted in zone. They've done it with Ike in the past, so I can see them doing it with Dennard.
    You don't do it all game...
    You scheme with his best abilities in mind.

If it's 1st down I want him playing short off man
    If it's 2nd and long, I want to mix it up with press-man, press-bail, zone-under, zone-off
    If it's 3rd and manageable passing (7 and under) I want him playing a lot of press-man
    if it's 3rd and long, I want press-man with help, or zone-cover 3 (press-bail)

Bottom line, is that Dennard should be lining up in press and short off man all the time, and he should be in man coverage a lot... but you don't put him in press-man every snap. You can still be "deceptive"... like Seattle with Sherman... they do it very simply, with basically 2 sets that come out of the same look. Press-Man Cover 1 and Press-Bail Cover 3. You can run that kind of stuff with Dennard. What would be interesting, is seeing how Lebeau could mix more into the concept, by splitting the field,

The Steelers actually already do a lot of what I envision Dennard doing. They run a lot of cover 6 looks, and they run 1 side of the field out of press and the other out of Deep Off. They run the man guy into off zone, and the deep off into man if his zone is engaged.

Dennard is more of a fit then people realize, he would just swing the volume of looks on his side into press and man schemes.

Assistant Coach Real Deal Steel's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Big T View Post
    If it means the coaching staff will play to his strengths and play him in press man all game, I'd be 100% down for Dennard if he's there. I know the coaching staff isn't collectively stupid, but I'd hate to see his talents wasted in zone. They've done it with Ike in the past, so I can see them doing it with Dennard.
    How much faith do you have in LaBeau actually doing that?
    The Steeler way...is the only way.

Steelers will take Roby over Dennard. I said that last week. He is faster and smarter.
    I still think the steelers are taking Ebron.... lol

Banned
    Plenty... he's done it a lot more the last 2 years.

And this shouldn't be treated like it's an entirely new direction... they've been heading in this direction for years. Keenan Lewis was a man 2 man, Cortez Allen is a man-press corner, etc

It's a total myth that the Steelers are running out there in off-zone coverage snap after snap

Banned
    Anyone who wants Roby over Dennard after looking at the raw metrics in the same conference... is off their gourd.
    http://www.rotoworld.com/articles/cf...-cb-metrics-10

Quote Originally Posted by coldrolled View Post
    Steelers will take Roby over Dennard. I said that last week.
    It would be idiotic

Theres been so much Dennard talk, wouldnt surprise me at all if it was a smokescreen. Steelers dont usually do that, they are actually pretty straight forward usually but theres never so much talk about one guy

Theres no way Dennard should go anything lower than 2nd overall though. With him being so amazing and all ;-)

Quote Originally Posted by NeilPatrickBanana View Post
    Anyone who wants Roby over Dennard after looking at the raw metrics in the same conference... is off their gourd.
    http://www.rotoworld.com/articles/cf...-cb-metrics-10
    You really like boiling it down real thin

Raw metrics and regression analysis is just your **** lol

Thread Information