Page 56 of 87 FirstFirst ... 646545556575866 ... LastLast

Thread: 1st RD PICK

Bookmark and Share
    Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by K Train View Post
    Secondary poor fits are way worse than front 7 ones. Donald is a poor fit because hes not 6-5, everything else is fine about him. Dennards poor fit has nothing to do with physical attributes, its his style of play and how CBs in the current scheme just arent valued that great (proven by idk like a decade of drafting and 80+% of the time having a top 5 defense)

The revis interest is all speculation, and they still havent drafted a CB very high since then

They will draft Dennard and we can watch him get torched because of the **** poor pass rush and his square peg in a round hole fit with the defense
    They can draft Dennard, put him in an immediate position to succeed by playing press-man/press-bail on his side, and watch him lock down a WR and remove him from the game. Masking some of the weaknesses up front, and allowing even more diversity in zone/scheme in the other areas of the field.

if they draft dennard, it's to play to his strengths.

Rookie Free Agent

Re: 1st RD PICK

Im going to throw up

If he is even in the realm of that good we can stop talking right now, no way that kind of talent just slips through the cracks and goes 14 picks into the draft
    Haha , Does Dennard make you that sick ?

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by NeilPatrickBanana View Post
    The Amukamara comparison makes no sense. Amukamara's greatest weakness (coming out) is Dennard's greatest strength (technique in man-press coverage). Amukamara had a poor foundation in man coverage technique, he had poor technique in his back pedal, and his hand usage was terrible. The irony of your comparison is that it's taken a few years, but Amukamara is rounding into quite the man cover corner (he's also in the conversation of the best run stopping corners in the NFL).

Morris Claiborne is a good comparison for Dennard... i'd put them on relatively equal footing as draft prospects. I think Dennard is more polished, more technically refined at this time than Claiborne was, but might lack that extra playmaking/closing gear Claiborne was known for, when he came out.

You would take Claiborne at 15 this year, right?
    Would I take the 2012 version of Claiborne, hell yes...but as of now he is not a very good player despite all his hype and great college tape...you make it seem like theres no possible way of Dennard not being a top 3 CB, and i am thinking there is no way he is going to be able to live up to this ridiculous hype you are creating for a mid-late first round prospect.

Hes a fine cornerback. Grabby but has good awareness at getting his head around, but best CB in the last 10 years...ugh

Gilbert is not going to be drafted first on accident

Why not? Revis did.

The NFL draft is about NEEDS at the top... it's a simple fact. BPA is a myth in the top 20. This also happens to be an incredibly deep draft in the top 20... as deep as ever.
    Nobody called revis the best CB prospect of all time and compared him to deion sanders lol

Banned
    Would I take the 2012 version of Claiborne, hell yes...but as of now he is not a very good player despite all his hype and great college tape...you make it seem like theres no possible way of Dennard not being a top 3 CB, and i am thinking there is no way he is going to be able to live up to this ridiculous hype you are creating for a mid-late first round prospect.

Hes a fine cornerback. Grabby but has good awareness at getting his head around, but best CB in the last 10 years...ugh

Gilbert is not going to be drafted first on accident
    I feel bad that I've backed you into a corner on another poor evaluation

This is becoming reminiscent of talking you into a corner on Jarvis Jones or Deandre Hopkins, when I was just trying to help you.

Gilbert could be drafted first on potential
    Dennard could be drafted first on ability

Or Deandre Hopkins...

Rookie Free Agent
    http://www.behindthesteelcurtain.com...-the-future-of

Here's an article that makes some interesting points on why Dennard maybe a fit in Pitt .

This is becoming reminiscent of talking you into a corner on Jarvis Jones or Deandre Hopkins, when I was just trying to help you.

Or Deandre Hopkins...
    What corner? That you keep calling him Sherma/Revis/Haden? Thats ridiculous

What about Hopkins? What about Jones? Last I checked the steelers still drafted jones despite you being so down on him, and last I checked Hopkins was still a late first round pick and Patterson was definitely the better rookie

Or Deandre Hopkins...
    Also, i thought you posted the thing about Dennard being like Sanders and the best CB prospect ever

Assistant Coach Real Deal Steel's Avatar
    K,

Nothing,permanent,bablings doesn't care even when the actual draft proves his notions wrong. He's an ego maniac. So why continue to talk to Mr. fake Lex Luthor? LOL.
    The Steeler way...is the only way.

If it means the coaching staff will play to his strengths and play him in press man all game, I'd be 100% down for Dennard if he's there. I know the coaching staff isn't collectively stupid, but I'd hate to see his talents wasted in zone. They've done it with Ike in the past, so I can see them doing it with Dennard.

Thread Information