Page 37 of 87 FirstFirst ... 27353637383947 ... LastLast

Thread: 1st RD PICK

Bookmark and Share
    Assistant Coach Real Deal Steel's Avatar
    Can you imagine if we put a great D-linemen next to Heyward????? And Heyward was dominant at the end of the year. Really playing like a beast.
    The Steeler way...is the only way.

Assistant Coach
    Quote Originally Posted by K Train View Post
    The thing is I see Barr turning out like Aldon Smith, and I see Dennard turning out like Leon Hall. Barrs floor could obviously be Aaron Maybin, but i dont see him as the type of player to lose so much of what makes him special with a little added bulk
    May I remind you that you saw Jones turning into Von Miller....

Given the steelers scheme and my theory that lebeau is outliving all of us, pass rush (which has been PUTRID) is much more important than CB.
    Pass Rush is important... which is why we have a young 2nd rounder, and 2nd year 1st rounder in the starting lineup next year...

It is also why we SHOULD invest a good pick in someone who can impact the pass rush this year. But not a 1st rounder at a position solidified for this season.

If things were different then I might lean towards CB. Given what we know about how corners need to be comfortable and understand the defense more than they need to be "lock down" I would take a guy I believe could be 15+ sacks a year. Corner can be address in round 2/3 with a slew of gators, SJB or even later with someone like EJ Gaines but to me its harder finding a premier pass rusher than it is a CB (in THIS scheme mind you, like i said if things were different Id be singing a different tune)
    based on WHO they are bringining in for invites and Tomlin's comments on defending the pass and sub packages... it seems very likely that things are changing... or at least augmenting.
    Quote Originally Posted by ChucktownSteeler View Post
    Info needs to be verified by a link. Nice try.

Quote Originally Posted by Real Deal Steel View Post
    I disagree. Because of the system that LeBeau runs, the pass rush is much more important then the bodies behind the front seven.

To support my thinking, you can look at the Giants and the two recent Super Bowls they won. They won because of the pass rush they generated. You can't name a guy in those secondaries. But their pass rush was hellacious and made the jobs of the secondary very easy.

If we gave JJ and Heyward some help, meaning getting the rest of that D-line upgraded and the LB's stabilized, our defense could easily carry us to a division title and beyond. Plus you factor in a better O-line...the sky's the limit.
    I meant OLB in the first.

Quote Originally Posted by steelchamp204 View Post
    I meant OLB in the first.
    I really doubt Barr ends up at #15 but you have to consider that real hard.

Ebron will drop before Barr in my calcs...

Mosley is the pick then if Barr is out, this defense hasnt been up to snuff since Farrior left.

Quote Originally Posted by coldrolled View Post

Mosley is the pick then if Barr is out, this defense hasnt been up to snuff since Farrior left.
    The defense wasn't even up to snuff when Farrior was here his last 2 season, he was here 2 seasons to long if you ask me.

I don't understand why we would even pick Barr over Mosley if they were both on the board. ILB in this draft is not very deep for a 3 down LB that can play the run and pass.

Quote Originally Posted by NeilPatrickBanana View Post
    May I remind you that you saw Jones turning into Von Miller....

Pass Rush is important... which is why we have a young 2nd rounder, and 2nd year 1st rounder in the starting lineup next year...

It is also why we SHOULD invest a good pick in someone who can impact the pass rush this year. But not a 1st rounder at a position solidified for this season.

based on WHO they are bringining in for invites and Tomlin's comments on defending the pass and sub packages... it seems very likely that things are changing... or at least augmenting.
    I did not think he would be Von Miller, I said he was the best OLB prospect since von miller. He never had the speed that miller had and he never will, doesnt mean he wont still be a stud OLB.

Ive said I want barr to bring explosion and length, with the ability to bend the corner to the defense.

But hey give me Van Noy in 2, id still probably take a WR over Dennard though

http://www.steeleraddicts.com/forum/...nes+von+miller

I did have him #1 on my board for several months, slipped down a bit near the end of the draft process. Still like him a lot to take the next step this year
    Last edited by K Train; 04-08-2014 at 01:33 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by coldrolled View Post

Have they shown any interest in Mosely?

I am going to have Shazier a tick higher than Mosely i think

Assistant Coach Real Deal Steel's Avatar
    I think Shazier just came for a visit didn't he?
    The Steeler way...is the only way.

Quote Originally Posted by steelchamp204 View Post
    The defense wasn't even up to snuff when Farrior was here his last 2 season, he was here 2 seasons to long if you ask me..
    Farrior was a great QB'n LB .... We need a QB at ILB on this D.. Polamalu needs to stop playing LB.

Assistant Coach
    I did not think he would be Von Miller, I said he was the best OLB prospect since von miller. He never had the speed that miller had and he never will, doesnt mean he wont still be a stud OLB.
    Yes you did.... in fact, after calling you out on it pre-draft, you stayed with it after we drafted him... stating:
    Ive compared him to Von Miller, and i stick by that.
    Quote Originally Posted by ChucktownSteeler View Post
    Info needs to be verified by a link. Nice try.

Thread Information