Page 3 of 87 FirstFirst 123451353 ... LastLast
Results 21 to 30 of 870

Thread: 1st RD PICK

          
   
   
    Bookmark and Share
  1. #21
    Assistant Coach coldrolled's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Fort Myers Beach
    Posts
    5,945
    Atlanta may mix up this whole draft order.

    Two years ago, the Atlanta Falcons signed Thomas DeCoud to a five-year contract. He subsequently earned a Pro Bowl berth after the 2012 season. Now he's going to be looking for a job.

    Rand Geitlin of Yahoo! Sports reports that DeCoud will be released by the Falcons by the fourth day of the league year (March 11), if not before. (We'd vote on before.) A big chunk of DeCoud's salary becomes guaranteed by that date, and there's no reason to think the Falcons will string out the process for a player who has played all six of his NFL seasons in Atlanta.

    At his best, DeCoud is a rangy safety that can make plays on the ball. But the 28-year-old struggled in all facets of the game last season. We had previously mentioned DeCoud as a potential cap cut; his tag-team partner at safety, William Moore, should be safe.

    The move will save the Falcons $3 million against the salary cap, and create another hole on their paper-thin defense. We expect Atlanta to be very active over the next few weeks.

  2. #22
    Rookie Free Agent
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Posts
    140
    ebron
    evans
    gilbert

  3. #23
    Assistant Coach Real Deal Steel's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Ranclho Cucamonga,California
    Posts
    5,616
    Falcons have to get both their lines together. I don't envy the job they have to do over there.
    The Steeler way...is the only way.

  4. #24
    Assistant Coach coldrolled's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Fort Myers Beach
    Posts
    5,945
    Quote Originally Posted by Real Deal Steel View Post
    Falcons have to get both their lines together. I don't envy the job they have to do over there.
    They should trade their QB for a handful of picks... That would be the smart move.

  5. #25
    Assistant Coach Real Deal Steel's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Ranclho Cucamonga,California
    Posts
    5,616
    Quote Originally Posted by coldrolled View Post
    They should trade their QB for a handful of picks... That would be the smart move.
    Yeah...and then they fix thos lines with those picks and sign that Vick guy to be the QB. LOL
    The Steeler way...is the only way.

  6. #26
    Veteran TarlsQtr's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Posts
    3,058
    My Mood
    Ratbirds
    Quote Originally Posted by coldrolled View Post
    They should trade their QB for a handful of picks... That would be the smart move.
    Why in the world would they do that? They have a young franchise QB. No way.

    They will be a playoff caliber team next season. They have some problems along the lines but two healthy stud WRs will catapult them to competing for the division.
    "If I could start my life all over again, I would be a professional football player, and you damn well better believe I would be a Pittsburgh Steeler." -Jack Lambert

  7. #27
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Posts
    2,913
    Quote Originally Posted by ChucktownSteeler View Post
    What if one of the top LT fall into our laps much like DeCastro did a few years back? Do we nab them?
    If he's that highly rated, then we may have to. DeCastro is a stud; we could use a guy like that on defense.

  8. #28
    Assistant Coach coldrolled's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Fort Myers Beach
    Posts
    5,945
    Quote Originally Posted by TarlsQtr View Post
    Why in the world would they do that? They have a young franchise QB. No way.

    They will be a playoff caliber team next season. They have some problems along the lines but two healthy stud WRs will catapult them to competing for the division.
    He chokes more than Peyton. Hes a Romo look alike... Hes another Schaub... what are the texans doing?? trade him for picks. The Browns would take him.

  9. #29
    Veteran TarlsQtr's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Posts
    3,058
    My Mood
    Ratbirds
    Quote Originally Posted by coldrolled View Post
    He chokes more than Peyton. Hes a Romo look alike... Hes another Schaub... what are the texans doing?? trade him for picks. The Browns would take him.
    Oh, come on. He had a 100 QB Rating in the 2012 playoffs against two very tough Ds (Seattle and San Fran). It was poor before, but he was a young QB. He is just entering his prime years. Even the Romo comparison is a little tough but the Schaub comparison is very unfair.
    "If I could start my life all over again, I would be a professional football player, and you damn well better believe I would be a Pittsburgh Steeler." -Jack Lambert

  10. #30
    Assistant Coach coldrolled's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Fort Myers Beach
    Posts
    5,945
    Quote Originally Posted by TarlsQtr View Post
    Oh, come on. He had a 100 QB Rating in the 2012 playoffs against two very tough Ds (Seattle and San Fran). It was poor before, but he was a young QB. He is just entering his prime years. Even the Romo comparison is a little tough but the Schaub comparison is very unfair.
    Im just going by the Choke ratings in the big games.

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 18
    Last Post: 03-01-2013, 09:20 AM
  2. PICK ME WITH THE FIRST PICK!!!
    By weakdraft in forum Steelers War Room
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 02-11-2013, 11:49 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •