Thread: Trade by the board

Bookmark and Share
    Draft Pick

Trade by the board

If Cleveland takes johnny football and if Evans is there when the steelers pick, do they take him or trade the pick to Cleveland. By the board steelers pick is worth 1050 points, so to make a fairly even trade they could offer their rd1 15th and rd4 19th picks for Cleveland's rd1 26th, rd3 7th & 19th, which that 19th was there's from the shamarko trade. I think you take the trade if a top CB, S, ILB, and DT is still available and you might get one to fall and you could probably get Allen Robinson in the 2nd and then have 2 picks in the 3rd.

Why do you want us to trade with Cleveland so bad?

I'll bite. Take Evans. We don't want to have to try and deal with that offense with all that fire power (Josh Gordon, Mike Evans, Manziel, Jordan Cameron...).

Assistant Coach Real Deal Steel's Avatar
    We are not dealing with the Browns.
    The Steeler way...is the only way.

Draft Pick
    Guys I have been a Steeler fan for 39 years, since I was 10, so I have seen a lot of bad and good. It's not that I want to trade with the stains, but it just seems logical that if you can take one person that is high on somebodys radar and make more out of it ( such as the Hershel Walker trade ) you'll benefit more. But just go back and look at some of the mock drafts and look at some of the possibilitys we could have. It's like this, would you not trade 1 stud for 3? Possible 4?

Draft Pick
    And also it's just a thought or dream.

Veteran
    Trading down gives more quantity but that doesn't mean those will all be quality picks. The guy we get at 15 should be (and needs to be) a stud; a play maker somewhere. I wouldn't trade it even in a draft that's supposed to be as deep as this one (it's deep but a lot of under classmen, which makes the chance for a flop a real possibility.)

My Mood
    Addicted
    I don't like trading with the Stains.

Assistant Coach Real Deal Steel's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Nolrog View Post
    Trading down gives more quantity but that doesn't mean those will all be quality picks.
    This is my point exactly. We need studs not just good players. And when you trade down and get additional picks, what your saying is that you think you can find a Stud somewhere with those additional picks. So the question is," Do you think Colbert can find a stud later in the draft?" Hmmmm....

Unless someone gave us a real stupid deal where we move down no more then 3 spots but pick up an additional second round and 4th round pick, I would stand pat.
    The Steeler way...is the only way.

Draft Pick
    Quote Originally Posted by Nolrog View Post
    Trading down gives more quantity but that doesn't mean those will all be quality picks. The guy we get at 15 should be (and needs to be) a stud; a play maker somewhere. I wouldn't trade it even in a draft that's supposed to be as deep as this one (it's deep but a lot of under classmen, which makes the chance for a flop a real possibility.)
    No doubt on what your saying. But our biggest stud needs to be on defense and there's not much value their at 15, unless Gilbert or Dennard are there. But it seems like everyone wants to get Mike Evans ( a tall WR ) we didn't win no Super Bowls with Plax, we won them with defense and the D was starting go down hill against the Packer Super Bowl. For all I am concerned I hope the first 3 picks are on the D side of the ball starting with Gilbert.

Originally from Armstrong County, now, just south of Stainville
    This is like debating what we would do if the IRS suddenly stopped requiring us to pay taxes.......it ain't happnin!

Thread Information