Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Just Curious

Bookmark and Share
    Draft Pick

Just Curious

Just curious for your opinions. After having read about the situation in Miami with Incognito and the rest of the OL in the Martin "Bully" investigation, do you believe that Mike Pouncey would have displayed the same type of behavior had he been able to play along side his brother in Pittsburgh? I obviously know that we had no chance to draft him, so do not be quick to say it doesn't matter.
    I am only looking to get your feedback/opinions on an interesting situation of possibly poor management, divided locker rooms or just immature men.
    Could it be that Mike Pouncey is a jerk or just easily influenced to follow the crowd?

Thoughts?

Assistant Coach Real Deal Steel's Avatar
    Martin was a wus and Pouncey, Incognito and the rest were trying to toughen his soft butt up. If you think that Miami is a isolated case then you need to wake up.

And the lockerroom isn't divided at all. Everyone is on Incognito and Pouncey's side. The culture and how things are done in the NFL is totally different then the real world. People are too busy trying to grade the situation with "real world" eyes and that's not the way it works. The pussification of the NFL is well underway.
    The Steeler way...is the only way.

I don't know but I think it was fortunate for us because that might keep him here. I think he would've jumped ship for good weather and to be with his brother. I'm sure he saw the opening with the Incogito Scandal. When Miami played in Pittsburgh he treated Miami's o-line to dinner which could mean nothing but it was terrible timing lol. With the report putting his brother on blast I don't think they want another Pouncey in their locker room. Between the injury and his brothers troubles down in Miami a fair deal from the Steelers should keep him here. I think the chance to play with his brother in Florida again is the only thing he would choose over money and winning. At this point though I don't think it would be good for them to be in the same locker room either, let them become their own men.
    C:\Documents and Settings\Owner.NASHA\My Documents\My Pictures\steelers-logan%20large.jpg

Draft Pick
    Quote Originally Posted by Real Deal Steel View Post
    Martin was a wus and Pouncey, Incognito and the rest were trying to toughen his soft butt up. If you think that Miami is a isolated case then you need to wake up.

And the lockerroom isn't divided at all. Everyone is on Incognito and Pouncey's side. The culture and how things are done in the NFL is totally different then the real world. People are too busy trying to grade the situation with "real world" eyes and that's not the way it works. The pussification of the NFL is well underway.
    I never mentioned that I thought that Miami was an isolated case, but rather, I inquired, if Mike Pouncey were on the Steelers team could his behavior have been different by simply playing with his brother in an organization that has a history of doing things the right way? (which is implied by simply being a Steelers fan).

I wish they would want to move Pouncey and attempt to clean house. We could use him. And I don't think there'd be any problems if he came here.

Draft Pick
    ^ Would be an interesting move.

Just Curious

I wish they would want to move Pouncey and attempt to clean house. We could use him. And I don't think there'd be any problems if he came here.
    Being one of the absolute best at his position, he would likely demand more per year than what we pay the entire line right now.
    However much you think you know about football, rest assured that Skip Bayless knows more!

Have you ever worked in a factory who has employed over 110 people?? You can compare a factory environment to and NFL lockeroom.

1. Different cultures
    2. Different views
    3. Races

Harassment goes on all the time where I work, but there is a line that is drawn between all of us, even the ones who hate each other. Sometimes you go a little to far, but once you realize you did, you back off that person a little bit. Incognito went way overboard with Martin, there is no denying that. If anyone went that far at any work environment, they would be out of a job. Book it.

Quote Originally Posted by steelchamp204 View Post
    Have you ever worked in a factory who has employed over 110 people?? You can compare a factory environment to and NFL lockeroom.

1. Different cultures
    2. Different views
    3. Races

Harassment goes on all the time where I work, but there is a line that is drawn between all of us, even the ones who hate each other. Sometimes you go a little to far, but once you realize you did, you back off that person a little bit. Incognito went way overboard with Martin, there is no denying that. If anyone went that far at any work environment, they would be out of a job. Book it.
    I understand what your saying but I disagree with you. The NFL isn't a factory environment. Don't agree with that. It's a Neanderthal environment of Mano vs. Mano. In reality, if you were really in an NFL lockerroom, there are a number of things that would be consider in everyday life OVER THE LINE! And it's been accepted to be like this for over 70 years now.

Just because some silver spooned guy can't handle doesn't mean we change the culture and environment because of it. Sometimes, (and I do mean sometimes) you don't have to fix, tweek or change something. The NFL is one such "something" The NFL is an isolated bubble of a culture. So much so, that is why it is a legal Monopoly in this country when monopolies are suppose to be illegal. That's why it has the exemptions that it has.

I don't compare any other environment to the NFL's because there is none that stack up. It's barbaric in a lot of ways and you can't legislate violence out of a violent game. Or we won't be watching.

Assistant Coach
    It's a Neanderthal environment of Mano vs. Mano. In reality, if you were really in an NFL lockerroom, there are a number of things that would be consider in everyday life OVER THE LINE! And it's been accepted to be like this for over 70 years now.
    Banana Fett !?!? Where???

Thread Information