Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Kevin Colbert media sitdown

Bookmark and Share
    Originally from Armstrong County, now, just south of Stainville
    Quote Originally Posted by TarlsQtr View Post
    Well, unfortunately people here freak out if they are not playing great football in the preseason. I am no offensive line guru but the zone scheme is pretty complex. I would not be surprised if there are some early season struggles. If these players are good enough to benefit from Munchak's system (the two biggest question marks are the tackles), they should improve a lot over the course of the season.
    Yeah.....and will Munchak have to make wholesale changes since our O-line has been a Chinese fire drill for a long time?

Assistant Coach

Kevin Colbert media sitdown

Quote Originally Posted by Stone View Post
    Yeah.....and will Munchak have to make wholesale changes since our O-line has been a Chinese fire drill for a long time?
    They werent the last 6 weeks of the season
    Banana Fett !?!? Where???

We need Woodley to give the team a hometown/injury/alreadygotmymoney discount to show he wants this team to move forward and win... if not, dump him...

Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by Real Deal Steel View Post
    All that sounds good but if the O-line doesn't come together, then we're just pissing in a breeze that's blowing back in our face.

The OL came together quite nicely in the last 6 or so games of the season.

Rookie Free Agent
    Quote Originally Posted by coldrolled View Post
    We need Woodley to give the team a hometown/injury/alreadygotmymoney discount to show he wants this team to move forward and win... if not, dump him...
    if woodley gave a **** about this team winning he would have gotten into proper shape the last few years
    Last edited by muncher; 02-19-2014 at 02:27 PM.

My Mood
    Ratbirds
    Quote Originally Posted by Nolrog View Post
    The OL came together quite nicely in the last 6 or so games of the season.
    They did improve but there is still a lot of work to do. Part of that improvement was the no huddle, which keeps pass rushes down. They were still pretty bad in run blocking as well.
    "If I could start my life all over again, I would be a professional football player, and you damn well better believe I would be a Pittsburgh Steeler." -Jack Lambert

Originally from Armstrong County, now, just south of Stainville
    Quote Originally Posted by TarlsQtr View Post
    They did improve but there is still a lot of work to do. Part of that improvement was the no huddle, which keeps pass rushes down. They were still pretty bad in run blocking as well.
    Good point...and it brings up another point. Will Tomlin allow the no huddle as much this year? Haley probably hates it because it works better than when he sends plays in.

Draft Pick
    Quote Originally Posted by Stone View Post
    Good point...and it brings up another point. Will Tomlin allow the no huddle as much this year? Haley probably hates it because it works better than when he sends plays in.
    The biggest misconception is that the plays being run no huddle are not Haley's, which is not the case. Ben isn't making up plays at the LOS, he's not calling his own game. Why do people think no huddle means Ben is running the offense?

Our no-huddle just means that you can keep personnel match-up advantages by not allowing the defense to substitute easily and that they can't really catch their breath as the defense has to be in a continuous reactionary state waiting to see what we're doing and that slows them down.
    Quote Originally Posted by questforSB7 View Post
    And I have EVERY Steelers game on tape going back 20 years BEFORE Terry Bradshaw even picked up a football.

Assistant Coach
    Quote Originally Posted by WindyCityShaker View Post
    The biggest misconception is that the plays being run no huddle are not Haley's, which is not the case. Ben isn't making up plays at the LOS, he's not calling his own game. Why do people think no huddle means Ben is running the offense?

Our no-huddle just means that you can keep personnel match-up advantages by not allowing the defense to substitute easily and that they can't really catch their breath as the defense has to be in a continuous reactionary state waiting to see what we're doing and that slows them down.
    correct
    Banana Fett !?!? Where???

Thread Information