Page 7 of 23 FirstFirst ... 5678917 ... LastLast

Thread: The Cleaning Begins

Bookmark and Share
    Assistant Coach Real Deal Steel's Avatar
    From now on, he'll be known as Ray (I'll knock a b!tch out ) Rice. LOL
    The Steeler way...is the only way.

Originally from Armstrong County, now, just south of Stainville
    Quote Originally Posted by FlatsSteeler View Post
    Oh that is what you call a fight.......Wow you are a Tough Guy...... plenty of E-Muscle.......
    Zzzzzzzzzzzz.........The Hook is deep looks like a huge Sucker....with plenty of E Fight......I have to loosen up the drag this Sucker is hooked way too deep......
    Well slick; it really has nothing to do with e-muscle on my part. I just find it amuzing that use use this forum to play your fishing games and then brag about how good you are at it. Are you the Skip Bayless of this forum? Making your mark by making stupid statements to see how much debate you can generate?

My Mood
    Relaxed
    Quote Originally Posted by Stone View Post
    Well slick; it really has nothing to do with e-muscle on my part. I just find it amuzing that use use this forum to play your fishing games and then brag about how good you are at it. Are you the Skip Bayless of this forum? Making your mark by making stupid statements to see how much debate you can generate?
    A week later you start again.....Funny.....
    Last edited by FlatsSteeler; 02-26-2014 at 10:16 AM.

Banned
    Is it true that they might not keep Woodley??

They shouldn't keep Woodley. He's done. I don't care that we have additional monies from the way the cap was raised. It's time to move on and get younger and faster at the LB position. It just is.

I'd rather move him a year too early instead of a year too late.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Real Deal Steel View Post
    They shouldn't keep Woodley. He's done. I don't care that we have additional monies from the way the cap was raised. It's time to move on and get younger and faster at the LB position. It just is.

I'd rather move him a year too early instead of a year too late.
    If Woodley is willing to take the proper pay cut, we should keep him.

If we cut Woodley before June 1, we take 14.17 in dead cap space in 2014. This will NOT happen.

If we cut Woodley (designated) after June 1, we take 5.59 in dead cap space in 2014 and 8.58 in 2015 in dead cap space.

Woodley's 2014 salary is 8 million.

If he were to take a pay cut to say, 3 million... he would then have a cap hit of 8.59 for 2014.
    So would you rather have:
    a.) No Woodley and 5.59 in 2014 Cap space eaten up (dead)
    b.) Woodley and 8.59 in 2014 Cap space eaten up (with player)

The obvious answer is B.

Then, if Worrilds and Jarvis emerge in 2014, you can cut Woodley next year for the same 8.58 in dead 2015 space (same as if you cut him post June 1 this year). Or you could spread it out over 2015 and 2016 with 5.59 and 2.99 dead cap space.

Now, with all that said... it's highly unlikely that Woodley takes such a massive pay cut... unless, he and his agent believe that a healthy season, in a system he knows, is the best way to rebuild his market value for an eventual release in after the 2014 season.

All that is based on " IF" Woodley still has anything in the tank. I say I don't want to try and find out either way. If he does have something left, it's not going to be as good as someone who's younger and faster and less injury prone. If he doesn't have anything left, then why have him on the sidelines complaining to be in the game?

After June 1, time to move on.

Banned
    Sorry, I meant.

I heard they plan on keeping Woodley. Is that true???

The Cleaning Begins

I think the only official word is that they see it as an opportunity. I do think he'll need to restructure to have a hope in hell staying in Pittsburgh though
    However much you think you know about football, rest assured that Skip Bayless knows more!

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Real Deal Steel View Post
    All that is based on " IF" Woodley still has anything in the tank. I say I don't want to try and find out either way. If he does have something left, it's not going to be as good as someone who's younger and faster and less injury prone. If he doesn't have anything left, then why have him on the sidelines complaining to be in the game?

After June 1, time to move on.
    it's actually based on economics and net asset value, but feel free to read it differently.

Thread Information