Page 4 of 23 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast

Thread: The Cleaning Begins

Bookmark and Share
    Quote Originally Posted by teeceemadison View Post
    name escapes me now, but the guy who filled in when velasco went down...we didnt miss a beat on the oline as far as i could tell.....not sure china doll pouncey is worth the risk....
    Wallace

Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by ChucktownSteeler View Post
    I don't think Woodley will be cut until after June 1.
    They can cut him now and designate him a post June 1 cut. That just means they have to carry his full cap hit on the books until June 1st, but Woodley could start looking for a new team.

Woodley need to take Suggs's lead.....

Ravens and Terrell Suggs have agreed to terms on a contract extension, according to a source informed of the deal. The team has already announced a news conference for Monday, when the contract will officially be signed.

This quickly resolves one of Baltimore's most pressing offseason questions. Suggs' $12.4 million cap figure was too much for a pass rusher who struggled down the stretch last year, and he was amenable to re-working his deal. NFL Media's Albert Breer reports that "multiple years" will be added to his existing deal and lower his cap figure.

Ravens general manager Ozzie Newsome sent a message to Suggs after the season, making it clear that Suggs wouldn't be back under the terms of his old deal.

Quote Originally Posted by coldrolled View Post
    Woodley need to take Suggs's lead.....

Ravens and Terrell Suggs have agreed to terms on a contract extension, according to a source informed of the deal. The team has already announced a news conference for Monday, when the contract will officially be signed.

This quickly resolves one of Baltimore's most pressing offseason questions. Suggs' $12.4 million cap figure was too much for a pass rusher who struggled down the stretch last year, and he was amenable to re-working his deal. NFL Media's Albert Breer reports that "multiple years" will be added to his existing deal and lower his cap figure.

Ravens general manager Ozzie Newsome sent a message to Suggs after the season, making it clear that Suggs wouldn't be back under the terms of his old deal.
    I couldnt see Colbert saying that to Woodley.

Quote Originally Posted by steelchamp204 View Post
    I couldnt see Colbert saying that to Woodley.
    Why not? The pretty much did it with James Harrison.
    Last edited by Big T; 02-17-2014 at 11:31 AM.

Assistant Coach Real Deal Steel's Avatar
    Well, atleast what Suggs did lays a foundation that Colbert could say, " See? We want to do something like what the Ravens did with Suggs." and Woodley shouldn't feel slighted now.

But I don't think we should resign him. I'd rather let him go a year too early then hold him a year too late.
    The Steeler way...is the only way.

Woodley in no way shape or form should be brought back unless he takes a huge pay cut and is ready to be a backup. The dude can't stay healthy!

Quote Originally Posted by Big T View Post
    Why not? The pretty much did it with James Harrison.
    Woodley is younger than when they let Harrison go, James came off of back surgery if I believe and being an outside LB that uses leverage as much as Harrison did was a good reason to let him go if he wouldn't take a paycut. Wood hasn't had any major surgeries that would hamper him playing. He just has nagging injuries

That would be the reasoning, just playing devils advocate. I hope Woodley is gone and we move on with Worilds

Quote Originally Posted by LatrobePA View Post
    Woodley in no way shape or form should be brought back unless he takes a huge pay cut and is ready to be a backup. The dude can't stay healthy!
    If Worilds and Jones work out and woodley is a signed backup on the cheaper side, we can always trade him in season before the trade deadline to a desperate team for a good pick.

Originally from Armstrong County, now, just south of Stainville
    Quote Originally Posted by FlatsSteeler View Post
    Not Soon Enough.......I wouldn't mind a Total Cleaning...From the Rooneys on down to the ball boy.....I really can't stand the Rooneys.........My Opinion.....Bash Away....lol.....
    Yeah, or better yet, just take to team and move to Alaska! That way those of us who have had the pleasure of being fans of the greatest sports franchise in the world will be able to go out a winner

Thread Information