Page 2 of 23 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: The Cleaning Begins

Bookmark and Share
    My Mood
    Ratbirds

The Cleaning Begins

Quote Originally Posted by LatrobePA View Post
    Woodley, Clark, Ike, Pouncey
    Pouncey no way. Who will play center? He is the only one under contract and even if we resign Velasco (we should), he will only be 8 months out of a major injury come training camp. He will start season on PUP.

I would also point out that Munchak's system is tailor made for Pouncey's skill set. Once he is completely healed, I bet he is Pro Bowl caliber again.
    "If I could start my life all over again, I would be a professional football player, and you damn well better believe I would be a Pittsburgh Steeler." -Jack Lambert

My Mood
    Ratbirds

The Cleaning Begins

I love Will Smith. He was a local kid for me.
    "If I could start my life all over again, I would be a professional football player, and you damn well better believe I would be a Pittsburgh Steeler." -Jack Lambert

Draft Pick
    Quote Originally Posted by TarlsQtr View Post
    Pouncey no way. Who will play center?

I would also point out that Munchak's system is tailor made for Pouncey's skill set. Once he is completely healed, I bet he is Pro Bowl caliber again.
    Not saying keep him or get rid of him, it all comes down to the financials for me. Wallace could always start should we think that money is best spent elsewhere.
    Quote Originally Posted by questforSB7 View Post
    And I have EVERY Steelers game on tape going back 20 years BEFORE Terry Bradshaw even picked up a football.

Pouncey has to stay... or Sign and then trade him for something.

Nate Burleson's four-year run as Calvin Johnson's sidekick is over.

"It's a hard decision for them to make, but I can't blame them for making it," Burleson told Dave Birkett of the Detroit Free-Press.

There goes Mike Evans.....

Quote Originally Posted by coldrolled View Post
    Nate Burleson's four-year run as Calvin Johnson's sidekick is over.

"It's a hard decision for them to make, but I can't blame them for making it," Burleson told Dave Birkett of the Detroit Free-Press.

There goes Mike Evans.....
    That's fine with me. Not a huge fan of Mike Evans. Kelvin Benjamin on the other hand could be nasty. I'm kinda hoping Evans is off the board at 15. Benjamin is so intriguing. Is potential is through the roof. Sammy Watkins is by far the best receiver in this draft, but Benjamin is my #2.

Assistant Coach Real Deal Steel's Avatar
    Benjamin has to show me more. To me, he looked as slow as molasses out there. Can he catch? Yes. I've just got to see more.

If Evans is off the board, then it's an easy choice to take the best D-line player on the board that fits our scheme. There are other WR prospects in this draft that I like in the second round too.
    The Steeler way...is the only way.

Quote Originally Posted by Real Deal Steel View Post
    Benjamin has to show me more. To me, he looked as slow as molasses out there. Can he catch? Yes. I've just got to see more.

If Evans is off the board, then it's an easy choice to take the best D-line player on the board that fits our scheme. There are other WR prospects in this draft that I like in the second round too.
    Benjamin isn't going to run in the 4.3s, but at 6'5+ 240ish, he certainly has above average speed. He was their main deep threat this year. A large percentage of his catches came on deep throws. You add his deep ball ability with his size, ability to adjust to the ball in the air, ability to high point the ball, make catches in traffic, catch radius, willingness to go over the middle and his ability in the Redzone, his potential is off the charts. Really his only issues are consistency (he'll drop an easy pass now an again) and route running (though he certainly isnt a terrible route runner).

I'm betting he runs mid-4.5s... Which is plenty of speed for a man his size. He's a matchup nightmare.
    Last edited by Big T; 02-13-2014 at 04:15 PM.

Louis Delmas was cut by the Lions today.

Assistant Coach Real Deal Steel's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Big T View Post
    Benjamin isn't going to run in the 4.3s, but at 6'5+ 240ish, he certainly has above average speed. He was their main deep threat this year. A large percentage of his catches came on deep throws. You add his deep ball ability with his size, ability to adjust to the ball in the air, ability to high point the ball, make catches in traffic, catch radius, willingness to go over the middle and his ability in the Redzone, his potential is off the charts. Really his only issues are consistency (he'll drop an easy pass now an again) and route running (though he certainly isnt a terrible route runner).

I'm betting he runs mid-4.5s... Which is plenty of speed for a man his size. He's a matchup nightmare.
    He looked way slower then 4.5 but if he runs in the 4.5s, then he's also on the Ravens radar big time.
    The Steeler way...is the only way.

Thread Information