Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 34

Thread: Realistic Free Agents

          
   
   
    Bookmark and Share
  1. #11
    Head Coach LatrobePA's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    THIS IS MY HOUSE BITCHES
    Posts
    12,257
    Every year we have this chat and every year we do nothing outside the team.
    "Happy Happy Happy"

  2. #12
    Assistant Coach
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Palm Harbor, Fl
    Posts
    4,275
    Quote Originally Posted by LatrobePA View Post
    Every year we have this chat and every year we do nothing outside the team.
    Nonsense

    off the top of my head

    Kevin Colbert Era
    2000
    Von Oehlhoffen
    Brent Alexander
    Rich Tylski
    Kent Graham

    2001
    Maddox
    Hartings
    Mike Logan
    Mike Jones

    2002
    Farrior
    Batch
    Terrence Mathis

    2003
    Kkriedwalt
    Todd Fordham
    Jay Reimersman

    2004
    Willie Williams
    Kirschke
    Staley

    2005
    Cedrick Wilson
    Tyrone Carter

    2006
    Ryan Clark
    Rodney Bailey

    2007
    Mahan (shudder)
    Eason
    Barlow (remember that?... i thought it was going to be a great signing... lol)

    2008
    Mewelde
    Keyaron Fox
    Hartings

    2009
    Raitliff
    Shaun McDonald

    2010
    Will Allen
    John Scott
    Randle El
    Foote

    2011
    Cotchery
    Suisham

    2012
    Pope
    Johnson
    Woods
    Burress

    2013
    Spaeth
    Gradkowski
    Wilson
    Blake
    Whimper
    Velasco
    Wallace
    LSH
    Banana Fett !?!? Where???

  3. #13
    Head Coach LatrobePA's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    THIS IS MY HOUSE BITCHES
    Posts
    12,257
    Wahooo bunch of no name players.... Couple of which actually played very well, not excited about your list...
    "Happy Happy Happy"

  4. #14
    K Train's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    In hell
    Posts
    17,967
    Quote Originally Posted by NeilPatrickBanana View Post
    Nonsense

    off the top of my head

    Kevin Colbert Era
    2000
    Von Oehlhoffen
    Brent Alexander
    Rich Tylski
    Kent Graham

    2001
    Maddox
    Hartings
    Mike Logan
    Mike Jones

    2002
    Farrior
    Batch
    Terrence Mathis

    2003
    Kkriedwalt
    Todd Fordham
    Jay Reimersman

    2004
    Willie Williams
    Kirschke
    Staley

    2005
    Cedrick Wilson
    Tyrone Carter

    2006
    Ryan Clark
    Rodney Bailey

    2007
    Mahan (shudder)
    Eason
    Barlow (remember that?... i thought it was going to be a great signing... lol)

    2008
    Mewelde
    Keyaron Fox
    Hartings

    2009
    Raitliff
    Shaun McDonald

    2010
    Will Allen
    John Scott
    Randle El
    Foote

    2011
    Cotchery
    Suisham

    2012
    Pope
    Johnson
    Woods
    Burress

    2013
    Spaeth
    Gradkowski
    Wilson
    Blake
    Whimper
    Velasco
    Wallace
    LSH
    You forgot Dookie

  5. #15
    Assistant Coach
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Palm Harbor, Fl
    Posts
    4,275
    Quote Originally Posted by K Train View Post
    You forgot Dookie
    ha, im sure i forgot a lot...

    I can't stand every year the "we dont use free agency crowd"... a few years ago when we signed Cotchery, these same clowns were probably crying about how we never go after the big fish... and now, they can't wait to re-sign him.

    edit: flozell adams
    Last edited by NeilPatrickBanana; 02-14-2014 at 11:15 AM.
    Banana Fett !?!? Where???

  6. #16
    Assistant Coach coldrolled's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Fort Myers Beach
    Posts
    5,630
    Quote Originally Posted by NeilPatrickBanana View Post
    ha, im sure i forgot a lot...

    I can't stand every year the "we dont use free agency crowd"... a few years ago when we signed Cotchery, these same clowns were probably crying about how we never go after the big fish... and now, they can't wait to re-sign him.
    Not me on cotchery, i just couldnt figure why Arians didnt use him?

  7. #17
    Assistant Coach
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Palm Harbor, Fl
    Posts
    4,275
    The bottom line, is that we use free agency the way championship teams do.... to plug a hole with a good player once in awhile and more regularly we use it to build depth.
    Banana Fett !?!? Where???

  8. #18
    Chuck's Place ChucktownSteeler's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Charleston, SC
    Posts
    3,311
    My Mood
    Addicted
    We use FA wisely, not foolishly like the Redskins and a few other teams. Thank god.

    Some of our more productive players of the past decade have been FAs.

  9. #19
    Head Coach LatrobePA's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    THIS IS MY HOUSE BITCHES
    Posts
    12,257
    We're never gonna sign a big name player.... Sure we sign scrubs, it's working really well too! Two seasons in a row at 8-8 on the couch... Neil you have all the answers and apparently no f u c king life or you're ripping your poor bas tard boss off by dreaming all this sh it instead of doing your JOB... Either way you're an fn douchebag!!
    "Happy Happy Happy"

  10. #20
    Veteran TarlsQtr's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Posts
    2,395
    My Mood
    Ratbirds

    Realistic Free Agents

    Quote Originally Posted by LatrobePA View Post
    We're never gonna sign a big name player.... Sure we sign scrubs, it's working really well too! Two seasons in a row at 8-8 on the couch... Neil you have all the answers and apparently no f u c king life or you're ripping your poor bas tard boss off by dreaming all this sh it instead of doing your JOB... Either way you're an fn douchebag!!
    We have been 8-8 because we have not always drafted well (e.g. Hood) or decided to pay the wrong player.

    If not using free agency in the manner you would like made us "8-8 two years in a row" then it also got us to three Super Bowls and won us two of them.
    "If I could start my life all over again, I would be a professional football player, and you damn well better believe I would be a Pittsburgh Steeler." -Jack Lambert

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. Free Agents
    By Zachintosh66 in forum Steelers Talk
    Replies: 364
    Last Post: 04-03-2013, 06:17 PM
  2. Realistic Free Agent Targets
    By NeilPatrickBanana in forum Steelers Talk
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 01-21-2013, 11:04 AM
  3. Steeler Free Agents
    By Zachintosh66 in forum Steelers Talk
    Replies: 79
    Last Post: 02-19-2009, 07:00 PM
  4. Top 50 Unrestricted Free Agents
    By darnik44 in forum Steelers Talk
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 02-12-2009, 06:38 PM
  5. Losing Free Agents
    By DarthMonk in forum Steelers Talk
    Replies: 30
    Last Post: 02-04-2009, 10:19 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •