Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Jets looking at Sanders

Bookmark and Share
    Quote Originally Posted by Real Deal Steel View Post
    But there are teams that are that stupid. Nolrog's right about that. You need to look no further then the Dolphins for proof of that.
    True that!

SA's #1 Pirates Fan Tetris Champion Black@Gold Forever32's Avatar
    My Mood
    Mad
    Wheaton had the same stat as Limas Sweed his rookie year...lol 6 catches for 64 yards......I'm not saying Wheaton will have a Sweed type career but found that interesting.........

My Mood
    Relaxed
    Quote Originally Posted by Black@Gold Forever32 View Post
    Wheaton had the same stat as Limas Sweed his rookie year...lol 6 catches for 64 yards......I'm not saying Wheaton will have a Sweed type career but found that interesting.........
    Believe it or not that's my point these kids aren't getting coached to the next level...Sweed was a basket case after one or two drops......he never recovered.........

Assistant Coach Real Deal Steel's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by FlatsSteeler View Post
    Believe it or not that's my point these kids aren't getting coached to the next level...Sweed was a basket case after one or two drops......he never recovered.........
    Thank you. I"ve always felt Sweed had the talent but the coaching was poor.
    The Steeler way...is the only way.

Veteran
    Thank you. I"ve always felt Sweed had the talent but the coaching was poor.
    I'm not sure how you coach catching the ball. Sweed had the talent, the speed and got open, but he just couldn't reel it in.

I've always felt they needed to give him more time. Especially considering what time has been given to Sanders.

Quote Originally Posted by FlatsSteeler View Post
    Let me start by saying I am NOT a Sanders fan by any means....but.....Sanders has the ability and talent to be a #1 WR with the proper COACHING.......something I feel the Steelers currently lack....just like Weaton talent galore was never taken to the next level by his coaches......Way too many Star players are Drafted by this current regime and way too many busts to be player only problems......rookies don't get to play especially on Defense and if a kid makes a mistake or two he rides the Pine forever.....
    Mike Wallace and AB had/have no issues being a #1. Sanders always had that "P" word attached to him (potential), but that's all he really was. He can be a decent #2, not a #1. Wheaton "was never taken to the next level by his coaches?" Lol what? You mean the rookie WR who missed OTAs and everything because of school, was the #4 receiver, and missed time for breaking his finger (twice)? Jesus. If players aren't all-pro their first year here they'll never be worth a damn. Give the kid some time before you write him off. I know you're taking a stab at the coaches, not necessarily him but it doesn't really apply in his situation.

Quote Originally Posted by Nolrog View Post
    I'm not sure how you coach catching the ball. Sweed had the talent, the speed and got open, but he just couldn't reel it in.
    He had mental issues. Not sure what the coaches can do there. It's crazy seeing someone make all these amazing catches in college, then come to the NFL and completely forget how to make routine catches. It was strange seeing him get off press coverage, run a good route, get a step on the defender, and then just fail to catch it. It's a damn shame. He had so much talent. He just couldn't keep his mind right I guess.

Wheaton was behind from the start, then broke his finger. He gets a complete pass for the entire season in my book. But this coming off-season, he'll get the reps and the opportunity to be on the same page with everybody. I think we'll be pleased with him by the end of 2014.

Wheaton was behind from the start, then broke his finger. He gets a complete pass for the entire season in my book. But this coming off-season, he'll get the reps and the opportunity to be on the same page with everybody. I think we'll be pleased with him by the end of 2014.
    Agreed.

Thread Information