Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: Jets looking at Sanders

Bookmark and Share
    My Mood
    Ratbirds
    Quote Originally Posted by Real Deal Steel View Post
    Wheaton was behind from the start, then broke his finger. He gets a complete pass for the entire season in my book. But this coming off-season, he'll get the reps and the opportunity to be on the same page with everybody. I think we'll be pleased with him by the end of 2014.
    Well, I cannot say that we will be "pleased" with him but I do know that we should have enough information to make a fair assessment. As has been stated, the guy missed OTA's (no fault of his own), played behind vets, and had injuries.
    "If I could start my life all over again, I would be a professional football player, and you damn well better believe I would be a Pittsburgh Steeler." -Jack Lambert

My Mood
    Grumpy
    The Knock wasn't on Weaton....the knock wasn't really on the coaches as bad as it sounded(LOL).....Point was t isn't always the Player who is at fault for not breaking through.......I really don't think this current regime has done a good job teaching/bringing players to the next level albeit the way they teach or their coaching philosophy, way too many # 1s, 2s, 3s that were not performing to the level expected example Gilbert, Adams, Mendenhall, Hood, Sweed etc etc......

@EdBouchette: RT @SBJLizMullen: NFL free agent WR Emmanuel Sanders has left his agent Jordan Woy.

m.twitter.com/EdBouchette

My Mood
    Addicted
    Hmmmmmm...........

Assistant Coach Real Deal Steel's Avatar
    If Sanders does indeed walk, count on one of our first two picks being a WR in the draft.
    The Steeler way...is the only way.

Assistant Coach
    Quote Originally Posted by Big T View Post
    @EdBouchette: RT @SBJLizMullen: NFL free agent WR Emmanuel Sanders has left his agent Jordan Woy.

m.twitter.com/EdBouchette
    interesting...
    Return of the Banana

My Mood
    Addicted
    This draft has to be about defense. End of story.

Assistant Coach Real Deal Steel's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by ChucktownSteeler View Post
    This draft has to be about defense. End of story.
    Oh it will, but one of the first two picks is going to be a WR. Unless there is a free agency move which is unlikely. One offensive pick and the rest on defense sounds great to me.
    The Steeler way...is the only way.

The Pittsburgh Post-Gazette's Gerry Dulac believes the Steelers will let Emmanuel Sanders leave in free agency. Sanders had a solid 67-740-6 season in 2013, but Dulac says the Steelers believe second-year WR Markus Wheaton can replace and perhaps even outplay him in 2014. Dulac also said Pittsburgh has told Ben Roethlisberger they plan on taking a tall wide receiver early in May's NFL Draft. Mike Evans fits the bill and could be available when the Steelers pick at 15. Feb 12 - 10:23 PM

http://www.rotoworld.com/player/nfl/...manuel-sanders

From Dulac's chat transcript:

Mike from PA: Hey Gerry, if the Steelers let Emmanuel Sanders walk in free agency, do you see Pittsburgh trying to sign a free agent (Jeremy Maclin, Sidney Rice, etc.) in the offseason or stick with the five they have (AB, Cotchery, Wheaton, Moye, and Justin Brown)?

Gerry Dulac: I think they will stick with what they have, plus draft a tall receiver in the first or second round. I think they will let Sanders leave in free agency for a number of reasons and are perfectly comfortable thinking Markus Wheaton will not only replace him, but also be a much better receiver. Their intent is to take a tall receiver early -- they have already indicated that to Ben Roethlisberger -- another indication that Sanders will be gone.

Interesting...

Bryant or Moncrief with wallaces pick

Thread Information