Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Why is bettis being snubbed from the h.o.f?

Bookmark and Share
    Assistant Coach
    Quote Originally Posted by Clevelandsux View Post
    I would take bettis over brooks anyday. Bettis is 4 years past due. 6th all time leading rusher and not in the hall? I would take him over Walter jones or Andre reed. I think it has to do with #1 the steelers already have so many hall of famers. Which is not bettis fault. And number two, bettis really hasn't been in the public eye of late. Where guys
    Like strahan are on tv constantly. I'm not knocking Any of the guys going into the hall, but bettis belongs in the hall. And not 5 years from now. It's politics for sure.
    I think you are just being a homer... Brooks is arguably the best WLB of all time.

Brooks is a Top 10 ALL TIME Linebacker (any position)

Brooks was the best OLB 4-3 in the entire NFL for most of his career... Bettis was hardly the best RB in any given year, let alone over many years.

Look, Bettis should get into the HOF at some point. He has the numbers. But there's no reason to be stupid about it. Bettis over Brooks is just being stupid.
    Quote Originally Posted by NYCsteelersfan View Post
    Alex Smith deserved to go instead of Brady.

Polamalu Island or Seattle. Its the same place.
    My Mood
    Aggressive
    If the steelers make the super bowl next year Bettis will get in. Just like Jones this year for Seattle and Ogden last year. Seems like there is a special team gift every year for the HOF. Not saying Ogden wasn't worthy, but Jones over bettis, Haley, or brown? No....
    Be who you are, become what you dream....

Quote Originally Posted by Dean Denton View Post
    If the steelers make the super bowl next year Bettis will get in. Just like Jones this year for Seattle and Ogden last year. Seems like there is a special team gift every year for the HOF. Not saying Ogden wasn't worthy, but Jones over bettis, Haley, or brown? No....
    Walter Jones is one of the greatest NFL players of all-time, regardless of position. He was on the field at left tackle for 5,703 pass attempts, but he was called for holding only nine times (once in every 633 passes or .0016). Insane. He was beaten for a sack only 23 times. Less than twice a season. He allowed a sack one every 248 pass attempts or .004 percent of the time. 9 time Pro Bowler, 6 time All-Pro. He also was voted to the NFL’s All Decade team for 2000-10. In 2005, Sporting News listed Jones as the best player in the NFL at any position.

He absolutely deserved to get in over Bettis. As did Brooks. Bettis' time will come. He absolutely should already be in, but he'll get there.

http://m.espn.go.com/general/blogs/b...95&src=desktop

My Mood
    Addicted
    Quote Originally Posted by TarlsQtr View Post
    It is voted on by writers, not Goodell or NFL staff.
    Naive

My Mood
    Ratbirds
    Quote Originally Posted by ChucktownSteeler View Post
    Naive
    No, just not looking for Obama's "real" birth certificate...
    "If I could start my life all over again, I would be a professional football player, and you damn well better believe I would be a Pittsburgh Steeler." -Jack Lambert

Thread Information