Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Why is bettis being snubbed from the h.o.f?

Bookmark and Share
    Assistant Coach
    Quote Originally Posted by steelchamp204 View Post
    How the **** did Brooks get in before Bettis?? Seriousy.
    I believe Bettis belongs in the hall, I believe he will get there in the next few years... but if I were a voter, and I had a choice between Brooks and Bettis and could only pick one... I'd pick Brooks everytime. but... im not a homer...so it's obvious to me

11 pro bowls (10 straight) vs 6 pro bowls
    5 first team all pro vs 2 all pro selections
    Quote Originally Posted by ChucktownSteeler View Post
    NPB - As long as I breath I will ban you.

Waterboy
    Quote Originally Posted by steelchamp204 View Post
    How the **** did Brooks get in before Bettis?? Seriousy.
    I can only assume you're not aware of Brooks' credentials to make this comment. He was the biggest slam dunk candidate for the Hall this year and it only took the voters nine minutes of deliberation before voting him in.

Waterboy
    Quote Originally Posted by MacAttack View Post
    I can only assume you're not aware of Brooks' credentials to make this comment. He was the biggest slam dunk candidate for the Hall this year and it only took the voters nine minutes of deliberation before voting him in.
    Actually to be honest....Brooks is better than any of the LB's for the Steelers in the HOF. Dude stats speak for themselves. Tampa's Dline wasn't great for all his years either.

Quote Originally Posted by MacAttack View Post
    Yep, I was speaking out of my ***, I do that from time to time. I think Bettis will be in by 2017 though. I don't think he will be in next year either.

I don't understand how Charles Haley isnt in yet though

What I don't understand is Andre Reed being in over Bettis. I get he's been eligible for a while but come on now. And how does Andre Reed make it over Tim Brown (who didn't even make top 10)?

Andre Reed
    234 Games
    217 Starts
    951 catches
    13,198 yards
    87 RecTDs
    500 Rush Yards
    1 RuTD
    648 Return Yards
    0 Return TDs
    7 Pro Bowls
    0 Super Bowl Rings

Tim Brown
    255 Games
    202 Starts
    1094 Catches
    14,934 Yards
    100 RecTDs
    190 Rush Yards
    1 RuTD
    4555 Return Yards
    4 Return TDs
    9 Pro Bowls
    0 Super Bowl Rings

The biggest joke of the day was Luke Kuechly winning DPOY. Such a joke. Kuechly is very good but he was in no way, shape, or form the best defensive player in the league this year. Robert Quinn or JJ Watt deserved it more than anyone. Just as a reference, and a damn good one, PFF had Kuechly ranked as the 8th ILB in the league this year.

Kiko Alonzo
    159 tackles
    4 INTs
    2 sacks

Luke Kuechly
    156 tackles
    4 INTs
    2 sacks

If Kuechly is DPOY, how is Kiko not DROY? That's not a knock on Sheldon Richardson either. He absolutely deserved DROY, which is exactly my point. JJ Watt, playing the same position as Richardson, played nearly 4x better than Richardson according to PFF. Kuechly wasn't even the best LB in his division (Lavonte David). I honestly have no idea how Kuechly won DPOY. Seriously. It's mind boggling.
    Last edited by Big T; 02-02-2014 at 03:03 AM.

Rookie Free Agent
    He's not in the HOF yet because what made Bettis Bettis is not looked at. IMO Cowher described best why the bus was so good. Sadly looking at the whole picture, the real trench work is not often done. He was great at what he did and what the Steelers had to do to win but to most outside Steeler Nation, he could easily get overlooked. His style wasn't dynamic, electrifying if you will. He didn't slash back and forth with speed making people miss, he simply ran straight into them and plowed them over.

I'm sure there is more to it, politics, favoritism, whatever but IMO it's similar to the effect when Ben R gets ranked by people who don't play the game. World of Fantasy Football I guess, all about flashy numbers. Who the hell knows, I don't even know why I'm commenting in this

also how is Kevin (third all-time sack leader) Greene not in the HOF?
    Ladies and Gentlemen, Elvis has just left the building!

Assistant Coach
    Quote Originally Posted by Big T View Post
    The biggest joke of the day was Luke Kuechly winning DPOY. Such a joke. Kuechly is very good but he was in no way, shape, or form the best defensive player in the league this year. Robert Quinn or JJ Watt deserved it more than anyone. Just as a reference, and a damn good one, PFF had Kuechly ranked as the 8th ILB in the league this year.

Kiko Alonzo
    159 tackles
    4 INTs
    2 sacks

Luke Kuechly
    156 tackles
    4 INTs
    2 sacks

If Kuechly is DPOY, how is Kiko not DROY? That's not a knock on Sheldon Richardson either. He absolutely deserved DROY, which is exactly my point. JJ Watt, playing the same position as Richardson, played nearly 4x better than Richardson according to PFF. Kuechly wasn't even the best LB in his division (Lavonte David). I honestly have no idea how Kuechly won DPOY. Seriously. It's mind boggling.
    Defensive Player of the Year has largely been tied to a top player on a great defense. Jared Allen didn't win it for his 22 sack season, graded as DPOY by PFF... because Minnesota was simply terrible.

I think you can make arguments that Sherman should have won it. Mathis and Quinn had good individual years, but weren't changers of their defense. Bowman had a sick year, but he plays around 2 other guys that have DPOY contenders in the past...

Kuechly was the backbone of that defense. He doesn't get the stats, but he's the core component that allows their front 4 to pin their ears back and attack their gaps. He is an elite pursuit MLB, and growing as a coverage guy. He plays DEEP and is still a ridiculous run stopper... he's versatility in alignment is THE core component of the leagues #2 defense.

eDIT: But i agree that Kiko should have been DROY
    Last edited by NeilPatrickBanana; 02-07-2014 at 05:01 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by ChucktownSteeler View Post
    NPB - As long as I breath I will ban you.

Veteran
    My Mood
    Angry
    I would take bettis over brooks anyday. Bettis is 4 years past due. 6th all time leading rusher and not in the hall? I would take him over Walter jones or Andre reed. I think it has to do with #1 the steelers already have so many hall of famers. Which is not bettis fault. And number two, bettis really hasn't been in the public eye of late. Where guys
    Like strahan are on tv constantly. I'm not knocking Any of the guys going into the hall, but bettis belongs in the hall. And not 5 years from now. It's politics for sure.
    Cleveland Browns suck!

Thread Information