Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: NFL Players Rank Tomlin #2 of Coaches They Most Want to Play For

Bookmark and Share
    My Mood
    Ratbirds
    Quote Originally Posted by LASVEGASGUY View Post
    Black players probably want to play for black coaches. Or they really want to play for the Steelers and the tradition so they picked Tomlin since they couldn't pick the Steelers. I think you are reading into this too much. Who in their right mind would want to play for this jackass? He hasn't won a playoff game in 3 years and has had back to back 8-8 seasons. He is a reincarnated Marvin Lewis.
    Then why isn't Marvin Lewis even on the list?
    "If I could start my life all over again, I would be a professional football player, and you damn well better believe I would be a Pittsburgh Steeler." -Jack Lambert

Quote Originally Posted by TarlsQtr View Post
    Then why isn't Marvin Lewis even on the list?
    Because he's stupid...

Draft Pick
    Quote Originally Posted by LASVEGASGUY View Post
    Black players probably want to play for black coaches. Or they really want to play for the Steelers and the tradition so they picked Tomlin since they couldn't pick the Steelers. I think you are reading into this too much. Who in their right mind would want to play for this jackass? He hasn't won a playoff game in 3 years and has had back to back 8-8 seasons. He is a reincarnated Marvin Lewis.
    And Lewis' players love playing for him, just as Lovie's players loved playing for him, just absolutely loved him.

While every player wants to win, not all players NEED to win. There's a lot more going on in the dynamic of coach/player relationships than just wins and losses.
    Quote Originally Posted by questforSB7 View Post
    And I have EVERY Steelers game on tape going back 20 years BEFORE Terry Bradshaw even picked up a football.

Quote Originally Posted by muncher View Post
    i know you like bashing this guy but there actually were stats that supported this assumption
    He's a broken record. He'll never add anything meaningful or intellectual to improve a conversation/debate. Same old song and dance with him. "Tomlin rah rah rah. Rooney rule rah rah rah. Because he's black blah blah blah. Obama blah blah blah"... I challenge you to find 10 posts out of his 199 that have nothing to do with Tomlin/race/Rooney rule. There might be 10. Maybe.

He wants no part of any discussion around here unless he can bash Tomlin or bring up the fact that he's black.
    Last edited by Big T; 01-31-2014 at 01:55 PM.

Vegas had a good point. Might not all be spot on, but a valid point.

Whites relate better to whites and Black relate better to blacks. It's how it is, Of course you have white and blacks hanging together, but if you look at races hanging out, it is usually with there own. So it does carry some weight actually. It's not racists by any means. Just how society is.

My Mood
    Ratbirds
    Quote Originally Posted by steelchamp204 View Post
    Vegas had a good point. Might not all be spot on, but a valid point.

Whites relate better to whites and Black relate better to blacks. It's how it is, Of course you have white and blacks hanging together, but if you look at races hanging out, it is usually with there own. So it does carry some weight actually. It's not racists by any means. Just how society is.
    If that held any significant weight with the poll, at THE VERY LEAST Lewis should have been in the top 10 coaches players want to play for. Nine white guys and Tomlin.
    "If I could start my life all over again, I would be a professional football player, and you damn well better believe I would be a Pittsburgh Steeler." -Jack Lambert

My Mood
    Ratbirds
    Quote Originally Posted by LatrobePA View Post
    Because he's stupid...
    But it shoots to he!! Vegas's theory that Tomlin and Lewis are carbon copies. If Lewis being "stupid" kept him out, it should have kept Tomlin out too.

Quote Originally Posted by TarlsQtr View Post
    But it shoots to he!! Vegas's theory that Tomlin and Lewis are carbon copies. If Lewis being "stupid" kept him out, it should have kept Tomlin out too.
    You could also argue that he didn't get it for winning a lot of games the past 2 seasons either. Or winning a playoff game in 3 seasons.

I like Tomlin, I like what he is about, I just think this team is underachieving with the caliber QB we have. We're seeing Bens prime years being wasted, it's a damn shame.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by steelchamp204 View Post
    You could also argue that he didn't get it for winning a lot of games the past 2 seasons either. Or winning a playoff game in 3 seasons.

I like Tomlin, I like what he is about, I just think this team is underachieving with the caliber QB we have. We're seeing Bens prime years being wasted, it's a damn shame.
    Maybe if Ben hadn't **** the bed at the end of 2012 and started the 2013 season playing like crap... the overall story would be different... but, Ben is a franchise QB... and when we lose, blame the coach That's been the theme around here the last 2 years.

The reality is how similar they are in stature among their peers... Ben is a very good QB and Tomlin is a very good coach... but Ben isn't Tom Brady or Peyton Manning, and Tomlin isn't Bill Bellicheat or Andy Reid. Steelers fans should just accept that.

Quote Originally Posted by NeilPatrickBanana View Post
    Maybe if Ben hadn't **** the bed at the end of 2012 and started the 2013 season playing like crap... the overall story would be different... but, Ben is a franchise QB... and when we lose, blame the coach That's been the theme around here the last 2 years.

The reality is how similar they are in stature among their peers... Ben is a very good QB and Tomlin is a very good coach... but Ben isn't Tom Brady or Peyton Manning, and Tomlin isn't Bill Bellicheat or Andy Reid. Steelers fans should just accept that.
    Good coach.

Thread Information