Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Stepping down

Stepping down

Its been a good 8 years. Some members here have been great over that time, made some really good e-friends who it was good to talk football with.

There is just too much trolling, too much bitching, and not enough activity to care anymore. Site has been in a downward spiral since it was sold. Seems silly to try and grow a site for owners who don't have any interest in it. This site used to thrive, in my experience this is what happens with buy outs though.

Maybe I will see some of you around the internet, I am on draftcountdown.com quite a bit.

There are some good people around here, had some good times when the site was young and growing. Unfortunately no one has the power any longer to perform routine maintenance and upgrades so the site has slowly just dwindled down.

Feel free to PM me for contact info if you want to stay in touch, I am also in the market for other message boards if you know of any good ones.

My Mood
    Addicted
    K-Train,

hate to see you go, how about reconsidering and just take a little break. We need you around here.

C-town

I do not want to go, but unless we can pull off some sort of relaunch it seems pointless in staying around watching the site slowly die.

We have about 5 posters just constantly fighting, and according to RDS its all me fighting with myself (that one surprised me hearing it yesterday, especially after looking into double IP addresses to see if it was really happening)

Theres some good people here, I dont need to constantly hear how this person got banned but how come not this person. Well its really pretty obvious to me. Some of the posters that a few members hate are actually knowledgable about the game and are good people to talk with (and no, they arent me RDS). Members like crash and questforsb7 were literally chasing members away with his same **** thread after thread after thread so here we are, at around <10 active posters (no RDS, 5 of them arent me)

If we could make some changes around here I would stay, but we need to be given admin access and reach out to the new owners. I have no clue where BRC is. Its been me and you for the most part (steelersbabe just started college and what not, she isnt the first one to fade out a bit and thats not a big deal)

Really a shame to see the site to go down the way it has. I wish it could be different but with the new ownership I am not sure.

Stepping down

Is there no way to contact the owners, and tell them whats up? Surely, they'll be interested in gertting everything back on track. I've been here for a long time, and would hate to see you leave. Night not always agree with you, but at least you know how to put togethers an intelligent argument. Do say if I can somehow help... Not really sure with what, but I felt compelled to say it anyway.
    However much you think you know about football, rest assured that Skip Bayless knows more!

SA's #1 Pirates Fan Tetris Champion Black@Gold Forever32's Avatar
    My Mood
    Mad
    I talk to BRC on facebook and he has no interest at this time to comeback to SA....He says he drops in once in awhile to see what is up but that is it....

I thought about that too, i get why they have the site but if the site dies theres no use in owning it. I would love to reach out, but have zero details on the current ownership and BRC hasnt even logged in since september.

My Mood
    Mad
    He must check it out without logging in...I talked to him before Christmas and he said he dropped in to see what was going on at SA and that was it....

Quote Originally Posted by Black@Gold Forever32 View Post
    I talk to BRC on facebook and he has no interest at this time to comeback to SA....He says he drops in once in awhile to see what is up but that is it....
    Which is fine, he put a lot of work into the site and might be burnt out. We were left high and dry though. When the spam bot exploded on us most of us didnt have access to get rid of the spam, we have no idea who currently owns the site or how to contact them.

My Mood
    Mad
    Quote Originally Posted by K Train View Post
    Which is fine, he put a lot of work into the site and might be burnt out. We were left high and dry though. When the spam bot exploded on us most of us didnt have access to get rid of the spam, we have no idea who currently owns the site or how to contact them.
    I know......Its sad that the site has fallen......

Yes BRC was burnt out from all the work he put in SA......Plus his interest in the NFL is lacking ( kind of like me) as well...Hate the direction of the game and all the constant changes........

Quote Originally Posted by Black@Gold Forever32 View Post
    I know......Its sad that the site has fallen......

Yes BRC was burnt out from all the work he put in SA......Plus his interest in the NFL is lacking ( kind of like me) as well...Hate the direction of the game and all the constant changes........
    You are one of the great posters over the last 8 years ive been here and one of the originals. We've had a lot of great discussions (remember the pager messages?? lol)

Hope to see you around and keep in touch if this is going to be the end of SA or at least my stint here.

I did hear from BR7 that he was working on a site with Dan, I'm going to reach out and see if I could do anything.
    Last edited by K Train; 01-22-2014 at 01:42 PM.

Thread Information