Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Top 5 by position

Bookmark and Share
    Mack has been better than barr for a while, barr still has good potential but his workouts were ugly

Rookie Free Agent
    Dennard's hips looked real stiff coming out of his back pedal in the few drills I saw today. Looked awkward making the turn.

orignally from pittsburgh,but now stuck in browns country :(northeast ohio 30mins south of cleveland

My Social Networks

Add mcfly06 on Facebook
    Quote Originally Posted by HumanPudding View Post
    Dennard's hips looked real stiff coming out of his back pedal in the few drills I saw today. Looked awkward making the turn.
    They did but he didnt do a lot of that at Michigan State, he was more of up at the line like they said bump you than go. But today proved that the DB class CBs and Safety the class is really deep like the WR. I like that Phillip Gaines from Rice..

Quote Originally Posted by mcfly06 View Post
    They did but he didnt do a lot of that at Michigan State, he was more of up at the line like they said bump you than go. But today proved that the DB class CBs and Safety the class is really deep like the WR. I like that Phillip Gaines from Rice..
    I still like Dix better than Pryor, but that's just me. I think it will be a better choice if this team went DB in the first to be honest. The WR core this year is very deep. It's almost as if we dont get a 6'5 receiver it will be a failed draft.

I'm still not sold on Nix.

Go with Dennard/Gilbert/HaHa/Pryor in the first. No specific order

As much as I like Pryor, I think we already have someone with a very similar skill set in Shamarko Thomas (Though I believe Thomas is a little more explosive to go along with the fact that he's much faster). I think a FS like Clinton-Dix or Jimmie Ward would be a better compliment to Shamarko's skill set (speaking in terms of 2015/2016 and beyond since Troy will be back for at least one more year).
    Last edited by Big T; 02-25-2014 at 11:58 PM.

There's so much talent in this draft that someone that shouldn't fall to us, will. I can see Barr/Evans being possibilities at this point (though Evans certainly helped himself at the combine). Someone like Jimmie Ward shouldn't be available a our pick in the second, but with all the talent in this draft it could happen. If we could end up with Evans/Benjamin/Barr in the first and someone like Ward in the second I'd be ecstatic.

Assistant Coach
    Quote Originally Posted by Big T View Post
    There's so much talent in this draft that someone that shouldn't fall to us, will. I can see Barr/Evans being possibilities at this point (though Evans certainly helped himself at the combine). Someone like Jimmie Ward shouldn't be available a our pick in the second, but with all the talent in this draft it could happen. If we could end up with Evans/Benjamin/Barr in the first and someone like Ward in the second I'd be ecstatic.
    yea, that's where my heads at... the talent likely to be available at WR in the 2nd, dwarfs what is likely to be available at FS. Everyone is looking for their Earl/Kam pairings (Ward could be Earl... Pryor could be Kam).

I was really disappointed that Ward was unable to run at the combine...

I'm definitely into the FS/WR combo with our first 2 picks.

Haha + Moncrief ?
    Benjamin + Ward?

That's my ideal type of scenario right now... then build some DL/LB depth through the mid rounds.
    Banana Fett !?!? Where???

Assistant Coach
    Quote Originally Posted by steelchamp204 View Post
    I still like Dix better than Pryor, but that's just me. I think it will be a better choice if this team went DB in the first to be honest. The WR core this year is very deep. It's almost as if we dont get a 6'5 receiver it will be a failed draft.

I'm still not sold on Nix.

Go with Dennard/Gilbert/HaHa/Pryor in the first. No specific order
    HaHa was slipping in my rankings, mostly due to going back and digging into others... but then he went out and dominated drills at the combine, to remind eveyone why he's been at the top of the safety list for so long.

I would have no reservations drafting him at 15, and letting him play center field and learn on the fly.

Assistant Coach
    Quote Originally Posted by Big T View Post
    As much as I like Pryor, I think we already have someone with a very similar skill set in Shamarko Thomas (Though I believe Thomas is a little more explosive to go along with the fact that he's much faster). I think a FS like Clinton-Dix or Jimmie Ward would be a better compliment to Shamarko's skill set (speaking in terms of 2015/2016 and beyond since Troy will be back for at least one more year).
    agreed. Pryor is redundant. HaHa/Ward fill an immediate need, at a critical position.

Quote Originally Posted by NeilPatrickBanana View Post
    yea, that's where my heads at... the talent likely to be available at WR in the 2nd, dwarfs what is likely to be available at FS. Everyone is looking for their Earl/Kam pairings (Ward could be Earl... Pryor could be Kam).

I was really disappointed that Ward was unable to run at the combine...

I'm definitely into the FS/WR combo with our first 2 picks.

Haha + Moncrief ?
    Benjamin + Ward?

That's my ideal type of scenario right now... then build some DL/LB depth through the mid rounds.
    I still believe for some reason that Jordan Mathews will be there in the 2nd. Just a weird feeling. IT COULD HAPPEN. Forget what quote that is from some movie.

Thread Information