Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Results 21 to 27 of 27

Thread: Art Rooney interview

          
   
   
    Bookmark and Share
  1. #21
    Assistant Coach
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Palm Harbor, Fl
    Posts
    4,047
    Quote Originally Posted by cmerrifield View Post
    Over 80. He is the first guy to sign a 100 million dollar deal and actually earn more than 80 million of nonguaranteed money. Those are his cap numbers not salary numbers.

    Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk
    i see you want to get nitpicky... allow me to take it further...

    You are correct, I mistakenly posted the cap numbers instead of salary, he'll earn 23.7 in salary over the next 2 seasons... if he's not restrcutured/extended.

    You are incorrect on both of the following:

    He is not over 80 million in cash earned over the last 6 years... the exact number is 75.3

    2008 : 25.2 Signing Bonus Paid
    2008 - 2013 : 24.8 in salary paid
    2009 : 3.0 Roster Bonus Paid
    2011 : 0.6 Restructure Bonus Paid
    2012 : 10.7 Restructure Bonus Paid
    2013 : 11.0 Restructure Bonus Paid

    80 million in non guaranteed money? Nope....At the original signing of his last contract $54,786,500 was the non guaranteed amount in his last contract... and we aren't counting the money that became guaranteed over time. Even if you are adding in his non guaranteed Rookie Contract money, it doesn't reach 80.
    Quote Originally Posted by NYCsteelersfan View Post
    Alex Smith deserved to go instead of Brady.

  2. #22
    Assistant Coach Real Deal Steel's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Rancho Cucamonga, California
    Posts
    5,399
    Quote Originally Posted by cmerrifield View Post
    Yeah like Cotchery, what were they thinking? Or velasco too, terrible.

    Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk
    Let me be more specific...serious use of free agency. Coctchery and Velasco are grade c players.
    The Steeler way...is the only way.

  3. #23
    Big T's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Penn State University
    Posts
    5,149
    Quote Originally Posted by Real Deal Steel View Post
    Let me be more specific...serious use of free agency. Coctchery and Velasco are grade c players.
    So you wish Dan Snyder owned the Steelers then? The Steelers use free agency. They sign depth players that contribute, for cheap. And they actually use it to sign big name players. But instead of big names players from other teams, they sign their own. For the most part, they don't let major pieces of this team get away (Woodley, Timmons, Troy, Ike, Heath, AB, Ben). They're smart about it.
    Last edited by Big T; 01-09-2014 at 07:52 PM.

  4. #24
    Veteran TarlsQtr's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Posts
    2,099
    My Mood
    Ratbirds
    Quote Originally Posted by Real Deal Steel View Post
    Let me be more specific...serious use of free agency. Coctchery and Velasco are grade c players.
    Please list all of the FAs you would sign this year with amounts and explain how you would make them fit under the cap.
    "If I could start my life all over again, I would be a professional football player, and you damn well better believe I would be a Pittsburgh Steeler." -Jack Lambert

  5. #25
    Starter cmerrifield's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Wilmore KY
    Posts
    1,658
    My Mood
    Impatient

    Re: Art Rooney interview

    Quote Originally Posted by NeilPatrickBanana View Post
    i see you want to get nitpicky... allow me to take it further...

    You are correct, I mistakenly posted the cap numbers instead of salary, he'll earn 23.7 in salary over the next 2 seasons... if he's not restrcutured/extended.

    You are incorrect on both of the following:

    He is not over 80 million in cash earned over the last 6 years... the exact number is 75.3

    2008 : 25.2 Signing Bonus Paid
    2008 - 2013 : 24.8 in salary paid
    2009 : 3.0 Roster Bonus Paid
    2011 : 0.6 Restructure Bonus Paid
    2012 : 10.7 Restructure Bonus Paid
    2013 : 11.0 Restructure Bonus Paid

    80 million in non guaranteed money? Nope....At the original signing of his last contract $54,786,500 was the non guaranteed amount in his last contract... and we aren't counting the money that became guaranteed over time. Even if you are adding in his non guaranteed Rookie Contract money, it doesn't reach 80.
    I wasnt trying to be a jerk, just saying if those were his salary, it would be no big deal, but all the big name QBs are getting around 20, making him underpaid compared to market.

    Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk
    Last edited by cmerrifield; 01-10-2014 at 05:01 AM.

  6. #26
    Assistant Coach
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Palm Harbor, Fl
    Posts
    4,047
    Quote Originally Posted by Real Deal Steel View Post
    Let me be more specific...serious use of free agency. Coctchery and Velasco are grade c players.
    grade A moron
    Quote Originally Posted by NYCsteelersfan View Post
    Alex Smith deserved to go instead of Brady.

  7. #27
    Assistant Coach Real Deal Steel's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Rancho Cucamonga, California
    Posts
    5,399
    Quote Originally Posted by Big T View Post
    So you wish Dan Snyder owned the Steelers then? The Steelers use free agency. They sign depth players that contribute, for cheap. And they actually use it to sign big name players. But instead of big names players from other teams, they sign their own. For the most part, they don't let major pieces of this team get away (Woodley, Timmons, Troy, Ike, Heath, AB, Ben). They're smart about it.
    And now your going to the extreme.

    Sixty percent their smart about it. Because it wouldn't hurt them if they address just ONE position seriously with a for real talented free agent instead of just "depth" guys. Plug atleast ONE hole, seriously with free agency. I don't think that's too much to ask.
    The Steeler way...is the only way.

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. Dan Rooney
    By Clevelandsux in forum Steelers Talk
    Replies: 11
    Last Post: 11-03-2013, 03:06 PM
  2. Replies: 1
    Last Post: 09-02-2010, 10:39 AM
  3. Rooney wants Steelers to run more
    By LarryNJ in forum Steelers Talk
    Replies: 31
    Last Post: 01-19-2010, 04:06 PM
  4. Et tu, Rooney?
    By AZ_Steeler in forum Steelers Talk
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 01-13-2007, 04:36 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •