Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Simulator

Bookmark and Share
    My Mood
    Ratbirds
    I think Boyd in the 6th-7th would be a great pick. I see little to be excited about in Jones (I thought it was a dumb pick when they made it).
    "If I could start my life all over again, I would be a professional football player, and you damn well better believe I would be a Pittsburgh Steeler." -Jack Lambert

My Mood
    Addicted
    that's how I felt about the Jones pick as well

Quote Originally Posted by TarlsQtr View Post
    I think Boyd in the 6th-7th would be a great pick. I see little to be excited about in Jones (I thought it was a dumb pick when they made it).
    No way, want nothing to do with Boyd. I'd rather take Archer in the 6th or Van Der Kamp the punter from Iowa State.

I think most Steelers fans forget that our punter was horrible last season. We need a good one, he is it.

I just think Boyd would be a waste of a pick is all.

My Mood
    Addicted

Re: Simulator

Quote Originally Posted by steelchamp204 View Post
    No way, want nothing to do with Boyd. I'd rather take Archer in the 6th or Van Der Kamp the punter from Iowa State.

I think most Steelers fans forget that our punter was horrible last season. We need a good one, he is it.

I just think Boyd would be a waste of a pick is all.
    Couldn't be anymore of a waste than Landry jones...we need to draft Ben's replacement in the next few yrs (not sure if this year is too early or not), and Landry Jones doesn't appear to be the answer...I believe he was drafted a little early (year wise)

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Ibleedblk&gld View Post
    Couldn't be anymore of a waste than Landry jones...we need to draft Ben's replacement in the next few yrs (not sure if this year is too early or not), and Landry Jones doesn't appear to be the answer...I believe he was drafted a little early (year wise)

So waste another pick on a QB who is nothing more then a backup? Makes sense

My Mood
    Addicted
    Did you not read my post completely? I just said I'm not sure if this year is too early to draft his backup or not....which is why I also said I was iffy on taking Boyd as I did in both of my latest simulated drafts...reading is fundamental

My Mood
    Ratbirds
    Quote Originally Posted by steelchamp204 View Post
    So waste another pick on a QB who is nothing more then a backup? Makes sense
    Boyd has A LOT more upside than Jones...or a punter.

The problem with the Jones pick was the round. The 6th and 7th is the place where you take chances. Some guy like Burfict, or now Aaron Colvin.
    "If I could start my life all over again, I would be a professional football player, and you damn well better believe I would be a Pittsburgh Steeler." -Jack Lambert

Draft Pick
    I can't wait until next Tuesday, I love mocks and all but it all doesn't mean much until we can start seeing what's taking shape once we start addressing needs outside the draft.
    Quote Originally Posted by questforSB7 View Post
    And I have EVERY Steelers game on tape going back 20 years BEFORE Terry Bradshaw even picked up a football.

Assistant Coach
    the simulator makes some silly picks... I keep ending up with a choice between Greg Robinson or Khalil Mack... I'm pretty positive the Steelers will not have this choice.
    Banana Fett !?!? Where???

Quote Originally Posted by TarlsQtr View Post
    Boyd has A LOT more upside than Jones...or a punter.

The problem with the Jones pick was the round. The 6th and 7th is the place where you take chances. Some guy like Burfict, or now Aaron Colvin.
    How do we know anything of Jones besides his first ever preseason?? How do we know Boyd has more upside??
    Because he uses his legs?

Thread Information