Page 13 of 23 FirstFirst ... 31112131415 ... LastLast

Thread: Oh Sammy Watkins...

Bookmark and Share
    Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by WindyCityShaker View Post
    Then move on defense in the first and grab any of the other WR potentials, and/or Coleman later. For my taste it is waaayyyy too high of a pick to use on a guy who can't even get any separation at the college level, I understand that's his "skill set" but I agree with your assessment for the most part of where all the WR's fall, look at how many "small gaps" there are! For me in the first, it's Watkins or no thank you, we have more pressing needs on D, who are some pretty good football players that WILL fall to us. I also don't want to take someone because we're afraid the Ravens will if we don't.
    I would be all for Nix in the first, Aaron Lynch in the later rounds. Resign Hood for depth and rotate McLendon and Woods for Nix. We would keep the dline fresh for the most part of the game and decent depth.

We dont want hood, not for depth, not to start, nothing

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by K Train View Post
    I think he would be cheap and a decent depth signing.

You remember that guy at the beginning of the season who showed us the Evander Hood workout and said he was going to have a monster season because he was benching more, then after we bashed him. He challenged us to workout with him. lmfao

Quote Originally Posted by steelchamp204 View Post
    I think he would be cheap and a decent depth signing.

You remember that guy at the beginning of the season who showed us the Evander Hood workout and said he was going to have a monster season because he was benching more, then after we bashed him. He challenged us to workout with him. lmfao
    regardless, hes dead weight...could find depth with some actual potential instead for even cheaper

regardless, hes dead weight...could find depth with some actual potential instead for even cheaper
    Arnfelt

Hood is lousy!

Banned
    Honestly, let hood walk. He's horrible (at least in this scheme). I'd sign Keisel to a 1-year, vet min deal though.

Quote Originally Posted by NeilPatrickBanana View Post
    but Benjamin won't run anything in the vicinity of a 4.3
    If he runs in the mid 4.4s I'll be shocked... and willing to trade up to get him...
    I think he's more of a 4.55-4.60 guy... and I won't be surprised if he's clocks in the 4.6s.

Calvin ran a 4.32, and was so much more polished... the reality is that Benjamin is very much unpolished as a WR. He's dominated on raw size/power... and his gift for "going up and getting it". Steelers fans would probably erupt in fury because he definitely would not start right away. But I'm sure Mann would like to get his hands on him and mold him.

I think a good, recent, comparison from a development perspective is Alshon Jeffrey. He needed to be coached up, and molded... he was not "ready upon arrival", and neither will Benjamin be.
    I agree with you and K-train on him being a gamble , but with what he has around him he wouldn't need to be a complete receiver his first year just beat that one man in front of you, which 9 out of 10 times will be a jumpball and grow in the system. I just think working with a guy like Cotch and seeing the work ethic of Brown would make this kid really good. I mean he's not blazing fast but he moves pretty well for 6'6 230. He does have lapses in concentration at times but that can be fixed in our locker room. I mean shoot me for it later but that might be one gamble i'd take. I haven't looked at a whole lot of receivers yet but that Allen at Penn st. is pretty good. I don't even mention guys like Watkins because it will never happen but him and Brown would just be unfair for the league lol.
    C:\Documents and Settings\Owner.NASHA\My Documents\My Pictures\steelers-logan%20large.jpg

watch the browns get watkins and have gordon/watkins

Draft Pick
    watch the browns get watkins and have gordon/watkins
    Gee thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by questforSB7 View Post
    And I have EVERY Steelers game on tape going back 20 years BEFORE Terry Bradshaw even picked up a football.

Thread Information