Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Ben vs. the 2014 Pro Bowl QB's

Bookmark and Share

Ben vs. the 2014 Pro Bowl QB's

Interesting comparison, I originally thought Roethlisberger was robbed but I can't disagree with the selections.

Stats wise he's better than Brady but wins tell the tale, clutch ability too. Check out and discuss the head to head stats...

Last edited by Go 'Lers; 01-03-2014 at 01:11 PM.
    "If I could start my life all over again, I would be a professional football player, and you damn well better believe I would be a Pittsburgh Steeler." Jack Lambert, 1990 HoF Introduction

Draft Pick
    Quote Originally Posted by Go 'Lers View Post
    Interesting comparison, I originally thought Roethlisberger was robbed but I can't disagree with the selections.

Stats wise he's better than Brady but wins tell the tale, clutch ability too. Check out and discuss the head to head stats...
    Oh crap now we're going to have 5 pages twisting stats trying to argue how Ben was robbed, and how he is deserving. One thing that does stand out was a point being made in the beginning of the season in the elite QB thread about making reads, getting the ball out quickly and playing behind crappy offensive lines.

Look at how few sacks Peyton has, didn't he lose both of his starting tackles, at least for a few weeks this season?
    Quote Originally Posted by questforSB7 View Post
    And I have EVERY Steelers game on tape going back 20 years BEFORE Terry Bradshaw even picked up a football.

Banned
    Manning and Rivers were clearly probowlers, on the other hand, Brady and Roethlisberger had almost identical stats. Even on a game by game basis, they both had nearly an identical number of great games, good games, average games, and bad games. Brady was 12-4 because bellichick can win just as easily with Cassell as he can with Brady. Tomlin needs all the players to perform perfectly in order to win a game.

Before the forum rats crawl into this thread to post turnover numbers, giving a QB sole blame for fumbles is idiotic and just "cherry picking" on the part of those who have a Roegtlisberger hating agenda. An offensive line can be just as easily blamed for a quarterback's fumble as the quarterback himself can be blamed. Steelers offensive line sucked for the first handful of games and Roethlisberger was getting hit and fumbling. Offensive line improved and the hits and fumbles stopped.

If Brady deserved to be in the probowl, then so did Roethlisberger.

Alex Smith deserved to go instead of Brady.

Veteran
    You're comparing just the AFC QBs. Remember, the pro-bowl format has changed. It's no longer AFC vs NFC. Now the players are named to the pro-bowl and they have some stupid fantasy draft led by Jerry Rice and Deion Sanders. So all the

Rookie Free Agent
    Bottom line, Ben didn't win enough games. Stats wise you could argue he is in and Brady out. But Manning and Rivers had great seasons. Hard to argue against that.

Rookie Free Agent
    Quote Originally Posted by Nolrog View Post
    You're comparing just the AFC QBs. Remember, the pro-bowl format has changed. It's no longer AFC vs NFC. Now the players are named to the pro-bowl and they have some stupid fantasy draft led by Jerry Rice and Deion Sanders. So all the
    What? Really?

Wow, Tom Brady was sacked 40 times? I guess that means he can't read defenses.
    http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v437/DBR96/Sports%20gallery/Pittsburgh%20sports/Pittsburgh%20Steelers%20-%206X%20Super%20Bowl%20champions/PGH256A.jpg
    Six Lombardi Trophies: Not coming soon to a city near you.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by NYCsteelersfan View Post
    Manning and Rivers were clearly probowlers, on the other hand, Brady and Roethlisberger had almost identical stats. Even on a game by game basis, they both had nearly an identical number of great games, good games, average games, and bad games. Brady was 12-4 because bellichick can win just as easily with Cassell as he can with Brady. Tomlin needs all the players to perform perfectly in order to win a game.

Before the forum rats crawl into this thread to post turnover numbers, giving a QB sole blame for fumbles is idiotic and just "cherry picking" on the part of those who have a Roegtlisberger hating agenda. An offensive line can be just as easily blamed for a quarterback's fumble as the quarterback himself can be blamed. Steelers offensive line sucked for the first handful of games and Roethlisberger was getting hit and fumbling. Offensive line improved and the hits and fumbles stopped.

If Brady deserved to be in the probowl, then so did Roethlisberger.

Alex Smith deserved to go instead of Brady.
    Lets not count Fumbles because they make Ben look bad... even though Brady was sacked just as often.

Fumbles are not solely the responsibility of the QB... but TDs apparently are?
    Who played with a better core of pass catchers this year? Don't kill any brain cells on it, the answer is Ben.

Your agenda/bias is showing... as usual.

Alex Smith deserved to go instead of Brady? that's... really funny.

Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by skyhawk View Post
    What? Really?
    Yes, really. Fantasy draft kind of thing. I bet ESPN will televise it, and maybe the NFL will hold it in the Felt Forum like the real draft and sell tickets.

My Mood
    Addicted
    Quote Originally Posted by skyhawk View Post
    What? Really?
    Yep...no more AFC vs NFC. Now the NFL should do the same thing for the whole league. Stop dividing the league into conferences. I want the top 12 teams to fight it out in the playoffs to determine which two will go to the Superbowl.
    Haters gonna hate, winners gonna win. Let the haters motivate.

Thread Information