Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: If We Drafted...

Bookmark and Share
    Quote Originally Posted by NeilPatrickBanana View Post
    You were the one COMPARING him to Von Miller, and driving me bonkers by doing so! lol

You argued he was one of the top 5 players in the Draft
    You argued he was the best defensive player in the Draft
    You argued that he was comparable to Von Miller
    You said he was faster and more explosive than James Harrison
    You predicted he'd have 7 sacks in his rookie year, while splitting time

Nothing about your predictions, expectations, etc were even close to met....

http://www.steeleraddicts.com/forum/...-If-We-Drafted

You've basically MASSIVELY downgraded your projections/expectations for Jarvis... but don't seem at all disappointed about it.

weird.
    I said best OLB since miller (not as a DE convert at least), and for a while i had him as the top player in the draft. (in the end i had several guys above him, and would have prefered patterson in all cases).

Obviously he didnt post good sack numbers, but the entire team was so ****** at getting to the QB....i think hes a player to be excited about in year two

It didnt take much to realize hes not an instant sack artist rookie sensation, but there are things to like about his game, but at the same time if he is not going to have a home as a full time pass rusher id rather they move him inside sooner rather than later
    Last edited by K Train; 01-02-2014 at 08:46 AM.

Assistant Coach
    Quote Originally Posted by K Train View Post
    I said best OLB since miller (not as a DE convert at least), and for a while i had him as the top player in the draft. (in the end i had several guys above him, and would have prefered patterson in all cases).

Obviously he didnt post good sack numbers, but the entire team was so ****** at getting to the QB....i think hes a player to be excited about in year two

It didnt take much to realize hes not an instant sack artist rookie sensation, but there are things to like about his game, but at the same time if he is not going to have a home as a full time pass rusher id rather they move him inside sooner rather than later
    REVISIONIST

Quote Originally Posted by K Train View Post
    In taking Jarvis Jones the steelers selected the best player available, and to most a top 5 player in the draft, and to me the #1 overall player in this draft. It was bitter sweet as I did have my heart set on Patterson, but Jarvis Jones was probably the best pick there and they didnt hesitate in taking him. 4 months ago this was thought to be a real long shot, but it had been gaining steam over the last few weeks. When Colbert said they were thrilled with Jones running a 4.85 and 4.9...they should have been, i know i was. He is a really good football player, even if hes less than spectacular in shorts he really turns it on come game day.

Jones as a rookie likely wont start many if any games at all, but i do expect him to push worilds and push him hard. If he can be productive in limited roles like woodley was his rookie year we could see a real nightmare of a pass rush return. Ive compared him to Von Miller, and i stick by that. He doesnt share that same first step as von miller, and i wouldnt want him playing the same position Von plays (43 OLB, but rushes quite a bit) but as a 34 OLB hes a guy that can and will chase down the QB. With harrison cut i expect him to make us forget about him. Not as strong as harrison but hes faster, more explosive, and offers a much wider range of pass rushing moves. I think worilds has a chance to be a decent rotational pass rusher, but hes going to be so much better now that hes being given a real chance for the first time and he has a first round pick breathing down his neck.

Prediction for Jones as a rookie:

0 starts, 7 sacks, 1 FF

They got a steal, its up to jones how much he plays. If he comes into camp as an unblockable monster he has a real shot to unseat Worilds, but as much as i hate worilds i dont think worilds just lets that happen, and i hope he wont because he shouldnt. Jones isnt great in coverage, but has decent enough range and will now be playing in a system that is brilliant at masking a OLBs lack of coverage skills. We didnt bring him in to cover people though, hes gonna be chasing down QBs. Be excited about this one.
    Banana Fett !?!? Where???

Thread Information