Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: My Offseason

Bookmark and Share
    I just dont get it, just because hes coached on 43 teams doesnt mean hes strictly 43, he was a DB coach and he acquired a 43 defense in minnesota that was playing at a high level, you dont just mess with something like that if you are trying to land a HC gig. He might be full out a 34 guy now, who knows. He did have a choice, at least to an extent when he kept lebeau on.

He played WR at williams & mary, that doesnt mean hes an offensive passing guy lol

It would be a travesty if heyward was let go, woods has grown into a good player but heyward is the best we have and its not close. We need more cameron heywards, not less

2nd String
    Quote Originally Posted by K Train View Post
    I just dont get it, just because hes coached on 43 teams doesnt mean hes strictly 43, he was a DB coach and he acquired a 43 defense in minnesota that was playing at a high level, you dont just mess with something like that if you are trying to land a HC gig. He might be full out a 34 guy now, who knows. He did have a choice, at least to an extent when he kept lebeau on.

He played WR at williams & mary, that doesnt mean hes an offensive passing guy lol

It would be a travesty if heyward was let go, woods has grown into a good player but heyward is the best we have and its not close. We need more cameron heywards, not less
    Whatever we Have/Had isn't working ... at best 8-8 isn't good enough ... and Well i'd like to see him hire his good friend Raheem Morris ... but oh wait the know it all mighty K Train doesn't get it... and No Tomlin didn't have a choice , maybe by wording he had a choice , but if he would of fired LeBeau on he would of been ran out of town

Thats why only the same like 4 ppl post on here , cause yall get so defensive and a lot of you act like you know everything and everybody else OPINION is wrong , this is all hypothetical and opinionated , calm down ... I don't mind the Criticism and everything and discussing the moves , but don't try and act like I'm stupid ...

Anyway , that's like saying the ravens saying we need more Hgatas not less ... come on son ...

I thought the trade off to get a good rookie CB , with tremendous upside , in Cooper , and a FS which I agree he's a gamble but I like the guy (probably more then most , I just think he can be the real deal at Safety) in Commings
    and then the #28th , which will be the TE of the future ... was worth Letting Heyward go , NOBODY is untouchable if the value is right , and I thought the Value was right (obvious Heyward is untouchable to you, not to me)

Keep talking about Heyward like he's god , Yes I agree he's the Best Dlinemen we have ... but haven't said anything about the Cooper pick up or Commings , which take care of 2 needs , and get a 1st round pick

I'm not mad , there will be some veteran DE/DTs out there that I can bring in for Cheap , that won't replace Heyward and no I'm not saying that ... but will be able to plug in fine in a rotation
    Last edited by cbrunn; 12-16-2013 at 07:58 PM.

Rookie Free Agent
    I would prefer Heyward over a new TE. Really we have Heath for a couple of years but good defensive linemen are key to good teams. I really am excited for the year Heyward could have next year. I think he is a keeper.

As for the 3-4. I actually like it because it gives the team more flexibility. With four linebackers you can have more combinations to throw at the offense such as blitz packages and you have more guys who can drop into coverage if need be.
    Last edited by huntem; 12-19-2013 at 11:24 PM.

Where did sanders and commings become anything better than what we currently have? It would be ok depth but i would hardly call their upside "tremendous"

They need to add a player to the secondary, but they also need to beef up the dline to help the secondary out. Heyward and Woods are good foundation for that, mcclendon and hood are below average players.

Why the the chiefs need heyward anyway? They have an awesome dline. Heyward is the perfect swing scheme DT/DE...he can play either DE in a 34, play power end on running downs in a 43, and is the perfect DT for a cover 2 scheme

Assistant Coach
    Quote Originally Posted by cbrunn View Post
    Whatever we Have/Had isn't working ... at best 8-8 isn't good enough ... and Well i'd like to see him hire his good friend Raheem Morris ... but oh wait the know it all mighty K Train doesn't get it... and No Tomlin didn't have a choice , maybe by wording he had a choice , but if he would of fired LeBeau on he would of been ran out of town
    So should we get rid of Ben?
    You don't get rid of your best players when things aren't working, you build more around them.
    Heyward should be a foundational piece of any picture

Thats why only the same like 4 ppl post on here , cause yall get so defensive and a lot of you act like you know everything and everybody else OPINION is wrong , this is all hypothetical and opinionated , calm down ... I don't mind the Criticism and everything and discussing the moves , but don't try and act like I'm stupid ...
    Did you post your plan because you wanted everyone to agree with your? i would think, that if you put the time and effort into a big picture plan, you'd accept criticism.
    Anyway , that's like saying the ravens saying we need more Hgatas not less ... come on son ...
    Quest? Is that you?

I'm not mad , there will be some veteran DE/DTs out there that I can bring in for Cheap , that won't replace Heyward and no I'm not saying that ... but will be able to plug in fine in a rotation
    A garbage DLine will make any perceived improvements in the secondary completely irrelevant...
    Banana Fett !?!? Where???

2nd String
    Quote Originally Posted by K Train View Post
    Where did sanders and commings become anything better than what we currently have? It would be ok depth but i would hardly call their upside "tremendous"

They need to add a player to the secondary, but they also need to beef up the dline to help the secondary out. Heyward and Woods are good foundation for that, mcclendon and hood are below average players.

Why the the chiefs need heyward anyway? They have an awesome dline. Heyward is the perfect swing scheme DT/DE...he can play either DE in a 34, play power end on running downs in a 43, and is the perfect DT for a cover 2 scheme
    I don't think you got the players correct

Sanders Commings is the Safety I traded for , and I understand ppl Questioning him , he is somebody I like probably more then most

Marcus Cooper is the other , the Rookie CB on the Chiefs , who has the tremendous upside ... if you don't know who he is , do some research , and if you don't think he has tremendous upside , then I don't know what to tell you (3 Int , and 18 PD as a rookie , 6'1 runs 4.4s and just crazy athleticism and only has played CB for this is his second season I believe) , He is a big upgrade over anybody else on our Roster , and would make a nice pair of CBs with Cortez

McClendon isn't below average , maybe below average for a full time starting NT , but I think he'll excel as a 43 DT
    I also think Hood would be better as a 43 DT

I agree Heyward is perfect fit and like I said I didn't expect to trade him , They came and I thought I got good value ...

Let me ask you this, so pretty much Heyward is untouchable to you? or what would of you considered good value

2nd String
    Quote Originally Posted by NeilPatrickBanana View Post
    So should we get rid of Ben?
    You don't get rid of your best players when things aren't working, you build more around them.
    Heyward should be a foundational piece of any picture

Heyward isn't even in the same picture of Value as Ben ... but to answer your question , Yes I would if I felt the Value was good

Did you post your plan because you wanted everyone to agree with your? i would think, that if you put the time and effort into a big picture plan, you'd accept criticism.

Obviously not , but I won't be talked down to , cause you guys don't know **** more or less then me , It's all Opinionated so please share your opinion on the players I received and the Value , But don't talk down to me

Quest? Is that you?

A garbage DLine will make any perceived improvements in the secondary completely irrelevant...

Yes I understand , The Dline will be ok , There is still plenty of time left to go in this thing for other moves/signings to be made (By the way I really like Alex Okafor coming out and think he'll be a good DE)
    Responses in bold

Quote Originally Posted by cbrunn View Post
    I don't think you got the players correct

Sanders Commings is the Safety I traded for , and I understand ppl Questioning him , he is somebody I like probably more then most

Marcus Cooper is the other , the Rookie CB on the Chiefs , who has the tremendous upside ... if you don't know who he is , do some research , and if you don't think he has tremendous upside , then I don't know what to tell you (3 Int , and 18 PD as a rookie , 6'1 runs 4.4s and just crazy athleticism and only has played CB for this is his second season I believe) , He is a big upgrade over anybody else on our Roster , and would make a nice pair of CBs with Cortez

McClendon isn't below average , maybe below average for a full time starting NT , but I think he'll excel as a 43 DT
    I also think Hood would be better as a 43 DT

I agree Heyward is perfect fit and like I said I didn't expect to trade him , They came and I thought I got good value ...

Let me ask you this, so pretty much Heyward is untouchable to you? or what would of you considered good value
    I think heyward is getting to be in an upper tier class...id rather pay him now than have to give him calais campbell money in a year

My Mood
    Ratbirds

My Offseason

As far as the 4-3, Tomlin has already gone on the record against it. He feels that the 3-4 is a lot better for dealing with the rushing QBs.

I forget where but I read it in just the last couple of days.
    "If I could start my life all over again, I would be a professional football player, and you damn well better believe I would be a Pittsburgh Steeler." -Jack Lambert

2nd String
    Quote Originally Posted by TarlsQtr View Post
    As far as the 4-3, Tomlin has already gone on the record against it. He feels that the 3-4 is a lot better for dealing with the rushing QBs.

I forget where but I read it in just the last couple of days.
    You Could be correct ... and If LeBeau Goes , Keith Butler WILL get the job almost 100% sure ... but again , this is just what I would do , It's time for a change and maybe he wouldn't like coaching with his good friend in Morris , or he would of brought him on his staff when he had the chance ...

But again this is just me having fun and running an offseason ... it would of been much easier just keeping the 3-4 , But I'd like a switch , that's all

Thread Information