Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: My Offseason

Bookmark and Share
    2nd String
    Quote Originally Posted by K Train View Post
    I think heyward is getting to be in an upper tier class...id rather pay him now than have to give him calais campbell money in a year
    I agree Heyward has a bright future
    but it looks like so does Cooper + the 28th pick + a Safety who I feel will be very good (yes I could be wrong) Is still good value

2nd String
    new trade

Trade
    Pitt Receives
    Mike Martin
    Tommie Campbell
    7th 203rd

Tenn Receives
    5th 137
    5th 138

add a young DT that fits in the 4-3 in Mike Martin , and then to bring home Tommie Campbell to play backup SS and CB (hoping change of scenery going back home and working with Carnell Lake will help Tommie Develop )

Like this thread Cbrunn. It's interesting Not sure about some of the things you've done but hey who knows.

The only thing i noticed was you traded Ike taylor to the vikes for just a round 5 ??? Would have thought you'd got at least a round 3 for him ??

Also if i was doing this, the Steelers haven't had a great O line for years now. I'd do all i could to sure up a monster LT, and then get a decent guard at LG too.

Ben given time, would destroy secondaries, and we have the receivers to take advantage. Ben just needs time to find them.

A 4-3 defence is interesting. TO be honest i think what teams should do is fit the scheme to the talents of the team. Do the steelers have 4 outstanding LB's ?? Do they have 4 Great DL ?? I think we have a better 4 LB corp than we would a better 4 DL line corp, so i'd still stick the the 3-4 for now.

If you land enough top quality DL though, then yeah why not go 4-3.

2nd String
    Quote Originally Posted by Blitzburghpete View Post
    Like this thread Cbrunn. It's interesting Not sure about some of the things you've done but hey who knows.

The only thing i noticed was you traded Ike taylor to the vikes for just a round 5 ??? Would have thought you'd got at least a round 3 for him ??

Also if i was doing this, the Steelers haven't had a great O line for years now. I'd do all i could to sure up a monster LT, and then get a decent guard at LG too.

Ben given time, would destroy secondaries, and we have the receivers to take advantage. Ben just needs time to find them.

A 4-3 defence is interesting. TO be honest i think what teams should do is fit the scheme to the talents of the team. Do the steelers have 4 outstanding LB's ?? Do they have 4 Great DL ?? I think we have a better 4 LB corp than we would a better 4 DL line corp, so i'd still stick the the 3-4 for now.

If you land enough top quality DL though, then yeah why not go 4-3.
    Appreciate the comment

I agree teams should match what personnel they have , and I think/hope Woodley could be a good rush DE , I still cringe every time I see his big *** dropping back for Coverage

the Ike Taylor thing it hurt me the most cause Ike is my favorite player , but considering age , performance, and Contract, I was just going to cut him but instead I got a 5th for him , I'd take that trade off any day

I just put in a extension for Ben pretty much same as Tom Brady got , Ben already made his 100 mill contract so a 5 yr 70 mil contract is completely reasonable if he wants to really help this team win

if that extension goes through , I'm looking to have like 20 mil range with the rookies already signed , so then I'd be looking to sign maybe a Brandon Albert , and I'm still contemplating moving Troy or Extending him so that'll open up some more money too

fair enough mate.

Can you do me a favour, can you convince the bus to come out of retirement and play for a few hundred dollars to just take the ball from the 10 yard line or closer

It never gets old seeing Jerome bundle people over for a TD

2nd String
    Quote Originally Posted by Blitzburghpete View Post
    fair enough mate.

Can you do me a favour, can you convince the bus to come out of retirement and play for a few hundred dollars to just take the ball from the 10 yard line or closer

It never gets old seeing Jerome bundle people over for a TD
    I wish , but I will be targeting Carlos Hyde with a 4th round pick

not saying he's the Bus ... but Bell and Hyde will wear down defenses

I love Hyde, guy runs with anger. Him and Bell would make a good duo

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by cbrunn View Post
    Appreciate the comment

I agree teams should match what personnel they have , and I think/hope Woodley could be a good rush DE , I still cringe every time I see his big *** dropping back for Coverage

the Ike Taylor thing it hurt me the most cause Ike is my favorite player , but considering age , performance, and Contract, I was just going to cut him but instead I got a 5th for him , I'd take that trade off any day

I just put in a extension for Ben pretty much same as Tom Brady got , Ben already made his 100 mill contract so a 5 yr 70 mil contract is completely reasonable if he wants to really help this team win

if that extension goes through , I'm looking to have like 20 mil range with the rookies already signed , so then I'd be looking to sign maybe a Brandon Albert , and I'm still contemplating moving Troy or Extending him so that'll open up some more money too
    14 per year average is reasonable?

It's one thing to take a discount on a contract that the market would say is worth 22 per year... to something like 18-19 per year... even 17 per year... but all the way down to 14 per year?

Ben can say he wants to help the team all he wants... but taking a 33% discount? I'll believe it when I see it.

I mean, you are basically offering him a contract of less value than the one Matt Schaub signed last year...

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by cbrunn View Post
    I wish , but I will be targeting Carlos Hyde with a 4th round pick

not saying he's the Bus ... but Bell and Hyde will wear down defenses

You probably need to target him with a 2nd
    He's the #2 RB in the draft IMO. I think he'll go top 50.

2nd String
    Quote Originally Posted by NeilPatrickBanana View Post
    14 per year average is reasonable?

It's one thing to take a discount on a contract that the market would say is worth 22 per year... to something like 18-19 per year... even 17 per year... but all the way down to 14 per year?

Ben can say he wants to help the team all he wants... but taking a 33% discount? I'll believe it when I see it.

I mean, you are basically offering him a contract of less value than the one Matt Schaub signed last year...
    If It's good enough for Tom Brady , then Ben can make it work ... yes I know different situations , like Toms GF making more then him and so on ... But still who knows what he'll get ... but If I was the Steelers I would at least start negotiations there ... and I wouldn't go up passed like 15ish a yr ... He said his comments that he'll do whatever it takes and Fans know that ... make him stand by his word

and on the Carlos Hyde , I don't think he's the 2nd ... but that's another discussion , He's definitely good ... I'd take Carey definitely and arguably Seastrunk , Sankey , and Andre Williams over him

Thread Information