Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: If We Drafted...

Bookmark and Share
    Assistant Coach

If We Drafted...

Cordarelle Patterson, instead of Jarvis Jones... we're probably in the playoffs... he's that kind of difference maker
    Quote Originally Posted by ChucktownSteeler View Post
    Info needs to be verified by a link. Nice try.

I know :-(

I like jones, i really do. But damn patterson is what i thought he was

Waterboy
    Jones is still a head-scratcher pick to me. I mean, losing Harrison and Worilds being a question mark before this season, I get the reason for the pick, but I just never felt he was going to be a game-changer. Patterson is a game-changer. They overvalued what they had with Sanders.

he was a game changer in college, the thing is this is supposed to be a plug and play system for OLBs to rush the passer and it has not been....bruce davis, carter, worilds, jones all show struggles that woodley, harrison, porter, ect...did not show, and the difference is the dline. Jones will be a player for us, not sure where he is going to end up, id draft a top pass rusher again if they could. You can never have too many pass rushers the same way you cant have too many pass catchers.

Id draft mack in a heart beat. Jones has good talent, plays with good fundementals, and is going to develop into a good overall LB even if hes never a sack artist, but mack has that rare explosion and ability to bend the corner.

Timmons struggled too, and now hes king out there...people being down on jones is very premature

Assistant Coach

If We Drafted...

Jones struggled for all the reasons I told you he'd struggle... It's not premature to critique what's on tape.

I get it, and i agreed with you on jones lacking the explosion. And while he might not be a sack artist i really like what he brings to the table...its tough, because hes not ever going to be aldon smith or von miller, but that doesnt matter to me if he can carve out the niche i think hes capable of (and lets be honest, so far smith and miller, and even JPP are nothing more than one year wonders as of right now). Id like to add a guy like that (i wish worilds was a guy like that) but jones has a role in the defense and i think hes going to allow them to do a lot of things. I think he could be an 8-10 sack guy next year, ultimately he might be the inside guy but i stand by he was their best pick next to patterson, patterson was my #1 clearly but i get what there was not to love about him (dumb, drops, routes, ect...)

Waterboy
    Quote Originally Posted by K Train View Post

Id draft mack in a heart beat. Jones has good talent, plays with good fundementals, and is going to develop into a good overall LB even if hes never a sack artist, but mack has that rare explosion and ability to bend the corner.
    Mack is an absolute beast, but we may have played our way out of being able to draft him. I think he's flying up draft boards and a good combine could land him in the Top 10. The only thing that may keep him on the board long enough for us to take him is a bunch of desperate teams overdrafting QBs. It would be hard to pass on him if he's there, even given the other more-pressing needs we have at other positions.

Assistant Coach
    Quote Originally Posted by K Train View Post
    I get it, and i agreed with you on jones lacking the explosion. And while he might not be a sack artist i really like what he brings to the table...its tough, because hes not ever going to be aldon smith or von miller, but that doesnt matter to me if he can carve out the niche i think hes capable of (and lets be honest, so far smith and miller, and even JPP are nothing more than one year wonders as of right now). Id like to add a guy like that (i wish worilds was a guy like that) but jones has a role in the defense and i think hes going to allow them to do a lot of things. I think he could be an 8-10 sack guy next year, ultimately he might be the inside guy but i stand by he was their best pick next to patterson, patterson was my #1 clearly but i get what there was not to love about him (dumb, drops, routes, ect...)
    You were the one COMPARING him to Von Miller, and driving me bonkers by doing so! lol

You argued he was one of the top 5 players in the Draft
    You argued he was the best defensive player in the Draft
    You argued that he was comparable to Von Miller
    You said he was faster and more explosive than James Harrison
    You predicted he'd have 7 sacks in his rookie year, while splitting time

Nothing about your predictions, expectations, etc were even close to met....

http://www.steeleraddicts.com/forum/...-If-We-Drafted

You've basically MASSIVELY downgraded your projections/expectations for Jarvis... but don't seem at all disappointed about it.

weird.

My Mood
    Fine
    Imagine, Cordarelle & Brown on the field together. Could of been awesome plus they should of let Sanders go and taken the 3rd from NE.

Dennard had a solid Rose Bowl. This draft is going to be exciting.

Thread Information