This kid is going to be so good in 3-4 years
    Banana Fett !?!? Where???

Assistant Coach Real Deal Steel's Avatar
    Hundley is a fraud.
    The Steeler way...is the only way.

Assistant Coach

Hundley Bandwagon

Bump.

If he comes out, he'll be in the conversation for #1 overall, an will absolutely go top 10

Quote Originally Posted by NeilPatrickBanana View Post
    Bump.

If he comes out, he'll be in the conversation for #1 overall, an will absolutely go top 10
    I would doubt he goes top 10. He needs another year to develop. I hope he goes back to develop, then he would be a lock top 10 next season.

Quote Originally Posted by steelchamp204 View Post
    I would doubt he goes top 10. He needs another year to develop. I hope he goes back to develop, then he would be a lock top 10 next season.
    He may need more time to develop, but with all the QB needy teams atop the draft, he will certainly go top 10 if he declares. There was a report by Adam Schefter a few days ago where he said a few teams have him ranked as the #1 QB if he were to come out. He's a top talent with a ton of potential. Another year at UCLA would absolutely be beneficial to him, but he's got the goods. It would be a tough decision but with the injuries you see in college football that derail careers (Marcus Lattimore), it may be best for him to come out, like a lot f other first-year draft eligible players.

It would also benefit the Steelers if he does come out lol. Counting Hundley, it looks like there could be as many as 5 QBs taken before the 15th pick (Hundley, Bridewater, Manziel, Carr, Bortles). If that's the case, the Steelers have a serious shot at getting a top level talent at 15.

Assistant Coach

Hundley Bandwagon

Quote Originally Posted by Big T View Post
    He may need more time to develop, but with all the QB needy teams atop the draft, he will certainly go top 10 if he declares. There was a report by Adam Schefter a few days ago where he said a few teams have him ranked as the #1 QB if he were to come out. He's a top talent with a ton of potential. Another year at UCLA would absolutely be beneficial to him, but he's got the goods. It would be a tough decision but with the injuries you see in college football that derail careers (Marcus Lattimore), it may be best for him to come out, like a lot f other first-year draft eligible players.

It would also benefit the Steelers if he does come out lol. Counting Hundley, it looks like there could be as many as 5 QBs taken before the 15th pick (Hundley, Bridewater, Manziel, Carr, Bortles). If that's the case, the Steelers have a serious shot at getting a top level talent at 15.
    Spot on

There's no question that Hundley would be better served developing at UCLA for another year.

But the risk of injury combined with the present opportunity will be too much too pass up.

Matt Barkley should serve as a fair warning to the risks if not taking the opportunity when it presents itself

Hundley is still raw and erratic at times, but the package of skill he comes with is off the charts

Id take hundley at 15, man that would **** some people off lol

Thats a long term investment worth making

Assistant Coach
    Quote Originally Posted by K Train View Post
    Id take hundley at 15, man that would **** some people off lol

Thats a long term investment worth making
    There are 4 QB needy teams in the top 5 (Hou, Jax, Cle, Oak).... I can't imagine a scenario where they all pass on Hundley... and even if they do, you have TB and Min in the top 10.

He's a lock for the top 10. And after that bowl performance, he's #1 on my board if he comes out. (note : I am biased, I love the kids package of talent...)

While Teddy is more polished, Johnny is more dangerous, and Carr is the bigger arm, and even Bortles is more fundamentally sound... None of them have the package of talent (big arm, high athleticism, attacking style of play).

Hundley is a "QB Groomer's" dream...
    Last edited by NeilPatrickBanana; 01-02-2014 at 09:10 AM.

He'll get drafted to be the guy right away and end up sucking.

Sometimes its tough to imagine 4 QBs going that high, Aaron Rodgers was easily the best QB in that draft, i thought he was a slam dunk #1 pick, but when they took alex smith he plummeted. It is not out of the world to imagine a RS sophomore QB falling a bit.

He needs to go back to school, whether he will or not should be exciting

Thread Information