Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Thread: Steelers top 15 BPA

Bookmark and Share
    My Mood
    Ratbirds
    OK, I have seen some talk about Nix but what about Tuitt? I think he is better...
    "If I could start my life all over again, I would be a professional football player, and you damn well better believe I would be a Pittsburgh Steeler." -Jack Lambert

Assistant Coach
    Quote Originally Posted by TarlsQtr View Post
    OK, I have seen some talk about Nix but what about Tuitt? I think he is better...
    They are both good. We've ignored other areas for too long. I don't see them going Dline... even though I agree that RDE is an open need.

The guy we haven't talked about at all... who, based on our draft position, could make a lot of sense... is CJ Mosley

I always thought Foote failed to get the respect he deserved, as a key cog in what we did to be a shutdown run defense for years... the spot next to Timmons is empty. and While Vince Williams did some nice things, he is strictly a 2 down defender, who is completely inept playing the pass... and it's a passing league.

Timmons-Mosley would play every single snap
    Banana Fett !?!? Where???

Assistant Coach
    Here's my updated list.

1. Sammy Watkins - will be gone
    2. Jake Matthews - will be gone
    3. Jadaveon Clowney - will be gone
    4. Anthony Barr - will be gone
    5. Khalil Mack - will be gone
    ----
    6. CJ Mosley ILB
    7. HaHa Clinton-Dix FS
    8. Mike Evans WR
    9. Kelvin Benjamin WR
    10. Cyrus Kouaindjio OT
    11. Darquez Dennard CB
    12. Greg Robinson OT
    13. Louis Nix NT
    14. Ifo Ekpr-Olomu CB
    15. Taylor Lewan OT

The best news is the likelihood that 4 QBs go before we pick... maybe 5 depending on Hundley's decision
    (Bridgewater, Hundley, Manziel, Carr, Bortles)... and the draft in the mid 1st range with WRs, OTs, and CBs.... so things are shaping up nicely for us.

Quote Originally Posted by NeilPatrickBanana View Post
    Here's my updated list.

----
    6. CJ Mosley ILB
    7. HaHa Clinton-Dix FS
    8. Mike Evans WR
    9. Kelvin Benjamin WR
    10. Cyrus Kouaindjio OT
    11. Darquez Dennard CB
    12. Greg Robinson OT
    13. Louis Nix NT
    14. Ifo Ekpr-Olomu CB
    15. Taylor Lewan OT

The best news is the likelihood that 4 QBs go before we pick... maybe 5 depending on Hundley's decision
    (Bridgewater, Hundley, Manziel, Carr, Bortles)... and the draft in the mid 1st range with WRs, OTs, and CBs.... so things are shaping up nicely for us.
    If that's the list, and it seems very reasonable.

I'm going

1. Nix
    2. Dennard

I feel Nix and Heyward would be a very good 1-2 combo on the DL.

Waterboy
    I really wish Lache Seastrunk would enter the draft. He and Bell as a 1-2 punch at RB would be interesting.

orignally from pittsburgh,but now stuck in browns country :(northeast ohio 30mins south of cleveland

My Social Networks

Add mcfly06 on Facebook
    Here's my updated list.

----
    6. CJ Mosley ILB
    7. HaHa Clinton-Dix FS
    8. Mike Evans WR
    9. Kelvin Benjamin WR
    10. Cyrus Kouaindjio OT
    11. Darquez Dennard CB
    12. Greg Robinson OT
    13. Louis Nix NT
    14. Ifo Ekpr-Olomu CB
    15. Taylor Lewan OT

I could see Khalil Mack being there at 15. call me crazy but i really like him. Being i go to kent state which they played buffalo, and i got a lot of buffalo games on tv here in ohio even for the MAC station. Being that you said QBs will go all the ones named i agree, and depends what other teams want. Its still really early to be predicting this but i love talking about it. My list isn't in order its just the 15 players if we took one of them i would be happy. I can see all our lists aren't far off as players wise maybe a few different players. I really want Nix or Dennard if Mack aint there. For another DT check out that guy from Minnestoa i like him too..

Would not love mosely in the top 15

I'm really starting to prefer Benjamin to Evans. Obviously Watkins is still the guy, and it was nice for a couple months thinking we actually had a shot at him lol, but I really do like what Benjamin bring to the table. Still not sure if he declares, but since he has the opportunity to, he just might. Ben would get his big target and some lol

Assistant Coach
    Quote Originally Posted by Big T View Post
    I'm really starting to prefer Benjamin to Evans. Obviously Watkins is still the guy, and it was nice for a couple months thinking we actually had a shot at him lol, but I really do like what Benjamin bring to the table. Still not sure if he declares, but since he has the opportunity to, he just might. Ben would get his big target and some lol
    The irony of the rookie wage scale... is that it has the opposite of intended impacts... they thought removing the up front financial incentive of declaring early, would keep players in school. But all it's done is make obvious to agents (who convince kids), that your earning potential is limited, and the sooner you kick off that earning potential, the better your long term earning projections. If you stay in school... not only do you lose a year of earnings, but you also postpone by at least a year your free agency (which is really where your BIG earning begins)

Going back to school, doesn't change your rookie wages enough to make it financially viable.

Rookie Free Agent
    The irony of the rookie wage scale... is that it has the opposite of intended impacts... they thought removing the up front financial incentive of declaring early, would keep players in school. But all it's done is make obvious to agents (who convince kids), that your earning potential is limited, and the sooner you kick off that earning potential, the better your long term earning projections. If you stay in school... not only do you lose a year of earnings, but you also postpone by at least a year your free agency (which is really where your BIG earning begins)

Going back to school, doesn't change your rookie wages enough to make it financially viable.
    Isn't Benjamin like 23 too? He's already a bit over-aged for a RS-Soph, and delaying coming out will only hinder him further (no one likes an old prospect, save for Weeden and Danny Watkins. Shouts to Shurmur and Andy Reid).

Thread Information