Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Steelers Should Be Booed on Sunday Night

Bookmark and Share
    Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by TarlsQtr View Post
    LOL You can come up with such ridiculous examples for every stat ever invented. It only proves that statistical analysis is not perfect, something we all knew. Even a gradeschool knowledge of stats should be able to identify that. Statistical analysis always comes with a "margin of error" and your example just shows that you need an adequate sample size for any assurance of accuracy (4 of 10 is not adequate).

Please stick with Legos because statistics is way over your head.
    How about a statistic that contains subjective variables within the formula, whereby 10 people watching a game and attempting to calculate total QBR will quite possibly come up with 10 different numbers notwithstanding mathematical error, which is why ESPN, who created the stat, is one of the only ones to use it.

Stick to thinking you're smarter than others on this board because you've been playing fantasy football for a few years. Also, drop dead.

My Mood
    Ratbirds

Steelers Should Be Booed on Sunday Night

Quote Originally Posted by NYCsteelersfan View Post
    How about a statistic that contains subjective variables within the formula, whereby 10 people watching a game and attempting to calculate total QBR will quite possibly come up with 10 different numbers notwithstanding mathematical error, which is why ESPN, who created the stat, is one of the only ones to use it.

Stick to thinking you're smarter than others on this board because you've been playing fantasy football for a few years. Also, drop dead.
    LOL All of qualitative analysis has the same potential problem. Please take a stats class at the local adult learning annex. It may save you from your own stupidity some day.
    "If I could start my life all over again, I would be a professional football player, and you damn well better believe I would be a Pittsburgh Steeler." -Jack Lambert

Assistant Coach Real Deal Steel's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by NYCsteelersfan View Post

NYCSteelersfan, just put him on ignore like most of us have. He feeds off of people talking to him. If no one ends up talking to him, he'll dry up and blow away. You empower him by having conversation with him. The worse thing you can do to some is leave them or totally not talk to them. Stick it to him by putting him on your ignore list.
    The Steeler way...is the only way.

Rookie Free Agent
    Rabble? Rabble? Rabble?

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by HumanPudding View Post
    Rabble? Rabble? Rabble?
    Yes, this would've been perfect timing. Just let it come naturally. No reason to force it.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Real Deal Steel View Post
    NYCSteelersfan, just put him on ignore like most of us have. He feeds off of people talking to him. If no one ends up talking to him, he'll dry up and blow away. You empower him by having conversation with him. The worse thing you can do to some is leave them or totally not talk to them. Stick it to him by putting him on your ignore list.
    You're right.

SA's #1 Pirates Fan Tetris Champion Black@Gold Forever32's Avatar
    My Mood
    Mad
    or just hope for Islamic radicals to blow up his house.....

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Black@Gold Forever32 View Post
    or just hope for Islamic radicals to blow up his house.....
    I have a feeling he's so pathetic that not having anyone to argue with on here would take away his reason for living anyway.

2nd String
    Good point, but the Seahawks kill other teams. Nothing can be done if they cream a team. But. . . . the Steelers have lost a boatload of 2 - 3 point games by all manner such as: dropped passes, stepping out of bounds, time mismanagement, giving up game winning drives, giving up kick returns, etc.

My point is they are a good team. They are not getting destroyed. They just always find a way to lose week in and week out. That, is a problem. This team CAN win. I feel every week is defined by something; Tomlin on the sideline, Brown stepping out of bounds, 5 injuries a game, a winning pass getting dropped. All of that is different than just "losing."

Quote Originally Posted by Dean Denton View Post
    So, still looking better. This is football, and shyt changes for a minute. Seahawks are killing everyone, does that mean they're the NWO? We're coming sweet cheeks and when we do you'll better hide your wives cuz these monsters are getting hungry...

Polamalu Island or Seattle. Its the same place.
    My Mood
    Aggressive
    Quote Originally Posted by Speeed View Post
    Good point, but the Seahawks kill other teams. Nothing can be done if they cream a team. But. . . . the Steelers have lost a boatload of 2 - 3 point games by all manner such as: dropped passes, stepping out of bounds, time mismanagement, giving up game winning drives, giving up kick returns, etc.

My point is they are a good team. They are not getting destroyed. They just always find a way to lose week in and week out. That, is a problem. This team CAN win. I feel every week is defined by something; Tomlin on the sideline, Brown stepping out of bounds, 5 injuries a game, a winning pass getting dropped. All of that is different than just "losing."
    So it sounds like your saying the only one in this organization that can be trusted is Ben. I agree....
    Be who you are, become what you dream....

Thread Information