Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Steelers Should Be Booed on Sunday Night

Bookmark and Share
    Quote Originally Posted by Big T View Post
    That's fine. And I can agree with that for the most part. But when Ben had his struggles earlier in the year, no one could say anything without you ripping them a new one. We aren't just talking about your boy NPB. Ben has played fantastic for the most part this year, but there were games where he struggled mightily and you were the first guy running around every thread bitching at anyone who criticized him in the slightest. Were Ben's early struggles this year completely on him? Absolutely not. But there were things that he missed (throws, hot routes, blitzers, reads in general etc...). He's better than he played early on. Everyone knows/knew that. You love Ben. That's fine, so do I. But you have to see when you're being hypocritical.
    Count me in on that list. I'm quick to rip him!

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by NYCsteelersfan View Post
    When he actually has a bad season, I'll say it. If he has 2, I'll be annoyed. If he sucks it up for three years, I'll want him gone as if he were Kordell.

Until then, he's not just the best player on the team, but he's also one of the best and most underrated players in the leage, year in and year out. This season is no different.

The problem on this board is that you have a bunch of fantasy football playing morons who judge quarterbacks based on the number of points they score in their fantasy football league. Roethlisberher has played much better than 5-8 and anyone without an agenda knows that.

Watkins <3
    He's had a QBR over 50 (average) 5 times, and below it 7 times.... his play correlates to our record.

Our record in games below 50 = 1-6
    Our record in games above 50 = 4-2

In our 5 wins Ben has 1 turnover
    In our 8 Losses Ben has 15 turnovers

It's funny to watch the same people use the deterioration of talent to blame Tomlin for losing, but that same deterioration of talent is an excuse for Ben... how convenient

Quote Originally Posted by NeilPatrickBanana View Post
    He's had a QBR over 50 (average) 5 times, and below it 7 times.... his play correlates to our record.

It's funny to watch the same people use the deterioration of talent to blame Tomlin for losing, but that same deterioration of talent is an excuse for Ben... how convenient
    Ball washers!

Banned

Neither the league, its players and countless professional sports websites accept QBR as a legitimate statistic. Stop peddling that garbage.

SA's #1 Pirates Fan Tetris Champion Black@Gold Forever32's Avatar
    My Mood
    Mad
    Damn Neil is still alive....was hoping he was hit by a truck by now or Islamic radicals had blown up his home.....

Rookie Free Agent
    My Mood
    Crackhead
    Rabble rabble rabble

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by HumanPudding View Post
    Rabble rabble rabble
    You rushed it. It wasn't time yet.

Banned

Steelers Should Be Booed on Sunday Night

Neither the league, its players and countless professional sports websites accept QBR as a legitimate statistic. Stop peddling that garbage.
    I see you've inherited Quests penchant for just making stuff up

No statistic in the NFL correlates more to winning. Not turnover ratio, not QB rating, not YPA, not DYAR, none

Banned
    I see you've inherited Quests penchant for just making stuff up

No statistic in the NFL correlates more to winning. Not turnover ratio, not QB rating, not YPA, not DYAR, none
    Yeah, like when it put Tim Tebow ahead of Rodgers even though Tebow was 4-10 for 70 yards and a TD and Rodgers was near perfect for a full game.

It's not an accepted stat. ESPN created it and only they use it to placate fantasy football losers like yourself.

(Before you name the Phd who created the stat, he was paid by ESPN to do so). Just shut the **** up already.

My Mood
    Ratbirds
    Yeah, like when it put Tim Tebow ahead of Rodgers even though Tebow was 4-10 for 70 yards and a TD and Rodgers was near perfect for a full game.

It's not an accepted stat. ESPN created it and only they use it to placate fantasy football losers like yourself.

(Before you name the Phd who created the stat, he was paid by ESPN to do so). Just shut the **** up already.
    LOL You can come up with such ridiculous examples for every stat ever invented. It only proves that statistical analysis is not perfect, something we all knew. Even a gradeschool knowledge of stats should be able to identify that. Statistical analysis always comes with a "margin of error" and your example just shows that you need an adequate sample size for any assurance of accuracy (4 of 10 is not adequate).

Please stick with Legos because statistics is way over your head.
    "If I could start my life all over again, I would be a professional football player, and you damn well better believe I would be a Pittsburgh Steeler." -Jack Lambert

Thread Information