Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Pittsburgh Tattoo Parlors Lose Business as Steelers Struggle

Bookmark and Share
    House of Steel

Pittsburgh Tattoo Parlors Lose Business as Steelers Struggle

Pittsburgh Tattoo Parlors Lose Business as Steelers Struggle
    Posted Feb 11th 2007 7:14PM by Michael David Smith
    Filed under: Steelers, NFL Fans

A year ago, if you owned a tattoo parlor in Pittsburgh, life was good. You had exuberant Steelers fans plunking down big bucks to have their love for the Super Bowl champions permanently emblazoned in ink on their skin.

This year the Steelers are coming off a disappointing season, and the tattoo business is hurting.

"There's been a dramatic falloff," [a Pittsburgh tattoo parlor owner] practically sighed. "We're still doing maybe one a month, but last year, during the season, people would come in daily, and not just guys, and not just for the Steelers' logo. I did black and gold yin and yangs, a lot of different things that were Steeler-related. One guy talked about putting a whole sleeve of Steeler portraits on himself.

The best part of the story is that the Pittsburgh tattoo parlor owner says he's never done a Browns logo. He seems to think that's because everyone in Pittsburgh hates the Browns. I think it's because a Browns logo would just look like a birthmark

Well, I can surely say they did suffer, but why are they blaming the Steelers for this? Maybe people don't want their skin in color. Last year was a booming business for them, cause of course, we won the Super Bowl and had one of the most historic runs to the Playoffs in NFL HISTORY. These owners need to realize they charge a pretty penny for a tattoo and many folks just can't afford the money right now. All kinds of economic facts behind the decline.

The best part of the story is that the Pittsburgh tattoo parlor owner says he's never done a Browns logo. He seems to think that's because everyone in Pittsburgh hates the Browns. I think it's because a Browns logo would just look like a birthmark

That is the best quote I have ever heard about the Browns Logo. LMAO.

My Mood
    Addicted
    If the dude does quality work it shouldn't really matter what the economics are. Tats are a big thing right now and a lot of people would rather get a tat then pay some of their bills. I got 9 tats myself and am seriously thinking about getting a Steel Curtain one done up.

If you don’t stand behind our troops.....Please feel free to stand in front of them!!!

"Give me a 6 pack, half hour of rest and lets go play them again....We can beat them."
    --Jack Lambert

"They say that when you're the champs, everybody will try to beat you. Well, I'm glad we're the champs, so bring 'em on, bring 'em all on. If we die, we ain't gonna die running. It's gonna be a fight."
    --Joe Greene

House of Steel
    There you go, my wife has 5, and she won't let me get a Steelers one. I wanted a Steel Furance pouring molten steel over the Steelers logo on my arm. I thought it would look awesome.

My Mood
    Curmudgeon
    If you ask me, anybody who would go in 2005 and 06, but won't go now has no idea what getting ink is really about. You don't just get a tattoo when things are hunky dory. It's part of you forever, it says something about you. It's not just a knee jerk reaction because your team is doing well.

I got my Steelers tattoo several years ago and Ive never regretted it since and I never will. Im not a fair weather fan, or someone who wants a Steelers tattoo because they were doing well at the time and their buddy got one the week before.

House of Steel
    I hear what your saying, Matt. I will never ever be a fan of any other team, but the Pittsburgh Steelers. I would get the tattoo and be very proud of it too. I am a diehard Steelers fan and love them through thick and thin. My love for the Steelers is hard to explain, but deep within my bones, I get so excited about the Black N Gold like never before. My wife can't understand why I love the Steelers half the time. My family wants to know what the hell I see in them that I am not a Browns fan. I told them tradition, tradition, tradition. The Rooneys are the best damn owners in the NFL, the players are blue collared and hard working. I mean it is a model franchise for the NFL. I am damn proud to be called one of the Steeler Nation's own.

Gold Standard
    Quote Originally Posted by TOP GUN View Post
    I got my Steelers tattoo several years ago and Ive never regretted it since and I never will. Im not a fair weather fan, or someone who wants a Steelers tattoo because they were doing well at the time and their buddy got one the week before.
    Thats what im talkin bout!

Steeler Fan For Life

http://www.rushlimbaugh.com/home/daily/site_082009/home.parcoltop11.35513.ImageFile.jpg

My Mood
    Ratbirds
    i got my steeles tattoo this year, i regret where i put it though, i should've put it on my forehead lol
    "SA, it's more than a FEVER it's an ADDICTION" -BlacknGold Bleeder

My Mood
    Chatty
    I have 3 tats and I'm going to get a Steeler one and one for my daughter when she's born but can't get it yet, i also want to get one for my grandfather ( a golf club) i'll put it by the nurses cap I got for my grandmother. I love them, they are addictive!!

Thanks Steelers086 for my awesome signature!!!

Thanks for the new avatar SteelerBee!

My Mood
    Ratbirds
    Quote Originally Posted by TampaSteelGirl View Post
    I have 3 tats and I'm going to get a Steeler one and one for my daughter when she's born but can't get it yet, i also want to get one for my grandfather ( a golf club) i'll put it by the nurses cap I got for my grandmother. I love them, they are addictive!!
    yes they are, i got my first one last february (my spurs tattoo) then in got two more in september i think it was (my steelers tattoo right under my spurs tattoo on my left arm, and then on my right bicep, put the first initial of my grandma on my mom and dads side, and my mom's, it says TMV in old english font) and then in december i got my 4th a cross.........i want to get some more but put them on my legs lol
    "SA, it's more than a FEVER it's an ADDICTION" -BlacknGold Bleeder

My Mood
    Chatty
    Quote Originally Posted by Koopa View Post
    yes they are, i got my first one last february (my spurs tattoo) then in got two more in september i think it was (my steelers tattoo right under my spurs tattoo on my left arm, and then on my right bicep, put the first initial of my grandma on my mom and dads side, and my mom's, it says TMV in old english font) and then in december i got my 4th a cross.........i want to get some more but put them on my legs lol
    Those sound really nice! I love crosses they are so beautiful. Did you ever see where instead of using ink they are acutally cutting into people skins which leave scar like tattoo on their skins..i love tats but not like that! OUCH!!

Thanks Steelers086 for my awesome signature!!!

Thanks for the new avatar SteelerBee!

Thread Information