Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast

Thread: Trading down for value

Bookmark and Share
    im not sayin its completely unneccesary, but we arent putting a 200 pound guy there in okoye, the guy is huge and plays with dominance, he might be 2 inches shorter than what you guys would want, but i think he'll be effective anywhere on the line and whoever gets him will probably move him around a lot. He has dominated people bigger than him before so i just think that where he plays on the line is irrelevent.

We arent gonna get him anyway, but give him the credit he deserves, hes a force.

My Mood
    Ratbirds
    Quote Originally Posted by K-Train View Post
    im not sayin its completely unneccesary, but we arent putting a 200 pound guy there in okoye, the guy is huge and plays with dominance, he might be 2 inches shorter than what you guys would want, but i think he'll be effective anywhere on the line and whoever gets him will probably move him around a lot. He has dominated people bigger than him before so i just think that where he plays on the line is irrelevent.

We arent gonna get him anyway, but give him the credit he deserves, hes a force.
    i'm not taking any credit away from him........but he's listed as a DT for a reason, he won't play end in the nfl, maybe at times in a 4-3, but never in a 3-4, but you're right, he won't be coming here...........so this discussion is pretty much pointless.........we we get a OLB/DE in the first round, and unless we trade down it won't be spencer, it'll be someone like moss or moses.......
    "SA, it's more than a FEVER it's an ADDICTION" -BlacknGold Bleeder

i think spencer will raise his stock yet, i'd love to see him with us, but moss would be great....**** moses, he has yet to show me something

My Mood
    Ratbirds
    i think spencer will raise his stock yet, i'd love to see him with us, but moss would be great....**** moses, he has yet to show me something
    for moses, you have to watch his junior year tape, he got lazy and was probably satisfied with what he showed the year before and probably played not to get hurt, i'm not sure how he did in the senior bowl, and i guess he's gonna try to do badass in the combine to get his stock up again

i wouldn't mind moss because he's young and a year under porter would be badass for him........ spencer better raise his stock, even though 32 has sold him on me, i don't want us to reach at 15 just to get him............

i hate reading moses and moss....they need different names lol, we'll see about moses...he did terrible in the senior bowl, but the south got raped as a whole so thats tough to judge....combine is the key

My Mood
    Curmudgeon
    Quote Originally Posted by Koopa View Post
    for moses, you have to watch his junior year tape, he got lazy and was probably satisfied with what he showed the year before and probably played not to get hurt, i'm not sure how he did in the senior bowl, and i guess he's gonna try to do badass in the combine to get his stock up again

i wouldn't mind moss because he's young and a year under porter would be badass for him........ spencer better raise his stock, even though 32 has sold him on me, i don't want us to reach at 15 just to get him............
    If that's the kind of attitude he takes, then that is not someone who should be on our team. Whether it's spencer, okoye, moss, and Mister Rogers, they better play their asses off; and if they do, good things will happen.

My Mood
    Ratbirds
    Quote Originally Posted by TOP GUN View Post
    If that's the kind of attitude he takes, then that is not someone who should be on our team. Whether it's spencer, okoye, moss, and Mister Rogers, they better play their asses off; and if they do, good things will happen.
    i'm sure he won't do that in the nfl, but i would've done the same, no point in going all out in college when it doesn't matter after you've shown you can play at a high level.......he probably should've came out his junior year, but ppl probably talked him out of it and made him stay a pointless year......... a lot of players do that **** in college, football and basketball......

SA's #1 Pirates Fan Tetris Champion Black@Gold Forever32's Avatar
    My Mood
    Mad
    Quote Originally Posted by Koopa View Post

I agree Koop, that the 15th spot is to early to take Spencer. When I stated I wanted the Steelers to draft Anthony Spencer they should trade down in the first round and draft him. I always thought he was a late first rounder to early second rounder. Even though I have been Pimp'In him.

SA's #1 Pirates Fan Tetris Champion Black@Gold Forever32's Avatar
    My Mood
    Mad

K-Train I agree size is over-rated. Just look at Plax Burress and that proves size is over-rated. You keep saying he is 2 inches that I would want. Its not what I want its what mostly 3-4 for teams look in their DE. Plus they're usually around 6-5. I think Luis Castillo from the Chargers is the only one that is 6-3.

I'm not saying Okoye can't line up and play DE at times. But he is best suited to play NT in a 3-4 and a one gap DT in a 4-3. Thats all man and dude I would be very happy if Okoye was drafted by the Steelers. I agree the dude is a beast and is going to be a good player.

im not sure about thats really, if spencer works out at the combine and shows us hes worth it, then we should take him, if hes really a good player we should do what we need to get him, just because hes not the biggest name out there doesnt mean hes not worth it. I do think we could get him at 20-25 but....who wants to trade up...and one thing we dont need is extra draft picks unless they are second or third rounders. we dont need 5 or 6 picks between the 6th and 7th rounds because we always end up cutting them anyway.

Thread Information