Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Trading down for value

Bookmark and Share
    **** Carriker, we would go after Woodley (who i like), or Abiramiri who could be good for us.

Spencer
    Moss
    Poz
    Woodley
    Moses
    Abiramiri

would all fit in our system and are all potential first rounders/early second. If we edecide on going OLB in th first 2 rounds we will get a good one regardless

My Mood
    Ratbirds
    Quote Originally Posted by K-Train View Post
    **** Carriker, we would go after Woodley (who i like), or Abiramiri who could be good for us.

Spencer
    Moss
    Poz
    Woodley
    Moses
    Abiramiri

would all fit in our system and are all potential first rounders/early second. If we edecide on going OLB in th first 2 rounds we will get a good one regardless

i love that attitude, **** carriker i wouldn't mind any of those guys you mentioned......... moses would be a good pick up if he'd pick his game back up to how he played his junior season, i was reading up on him and he had a crazy drop off in numbers his senior year, they said he was probably playing not to get hurt just waiting for the nfl lol........
    "SA, it's more than a FEVER it's an ADDICTION" -BlacknGold Bleeder

SA's #1 Pirates Fan Tetris Champion Black@Gold Forever32's Avatar
    My Mood
    Mad
    Quote Originally Posted by Koopa View Post
    co-sign............ okoye is a NT in the 3-4 no matter what, and why the hell would you move keisel??? he did good at DE, he wouldn't make a good LB.........
    I think Okoye could play DE in a 4-3. But more likely he would be a DT. In a 3-4 Okoye is just a NT. As for Keisel I didn't suggest moving Keisel but I do remember some of the Steelers coaches saying that Keisel is athletic enough to OLB in a 3-4. But still keeping him at DE would be the best move. As for ILB? I think there is noway I would want Keisel at ILB and dropping into coverage at times.

Okoye could play end in any defense and he could play tackle in any defense...hes beastly strong and is fast...comparing by how tall someone they are is overrated.

My Mood
    Ratbirds
    Quote Originally Posted by Black@Gold Forever32 View Post
    I think Okoye could play DE in a 4-3. But more likely he would be a DT. In a 3-4 Okoye is just a NT. As for Keisel I didn't suggest moving Keisel but I do remember some of the Steelers coaches saying that Keisel is athletic enough to OLB in a 3-4. But still keeping him at DE would be the best move. As for ILB? I think there is noway I would want Keisel at ILB and dropping into coverage at times.
    yeah i know you didn't suggest he should move, that part of my post was referring to whoever suggested it, i think it would be a dumb move, he proved he could play DE, i liked him there better than kimo...... ppl said he couldn't stop the run but i thought he did a good job at that......

My Mood
    Ratbirds
    Okoye could play end in any defense and he could play tackle in any defense...hes beastly strong and is fast...comparing by how tall someone they are is overrated.
    then how come teams that use 3-4, the ends are usually pretty damn tall???

SA's #1 Pirates Fan Tetris Champion Black@Gold Forever32's Avatar
    My Mood
    Mad
    No he couldn't look at teams that run a 3-4 defense and their DE are usually around the 6-5 range. Its not to say that Okoye couldn't line up as a DE in a 3-4 but I doubt he would be effective. I would keep him at NT since that his strength.

heres a little write up about the 2 schemes....but just because your "typical" end is a taller guy doesnt mean it has to be that way.

The defensive ends in a 4-3 defense should be big enough to take on an offensive tackle one-on-one, but athletic enough to get around the tackle and get to the quarterback. The defensive ends in a 3-4 defense, though, are similar in size and responsibility to the defensive tackles in the 4-3. They must be stout against the run and should take on multiple blockers to help out the linebackers. Pass rushing from a 3-4 defensive end is something of a bonus.
    The outside linebackers in a 4-3 defense can get away with being a little undersized because their primary responsibility is stopping the run and dropping into coverage. The outside linebackers in a 3-4 defense, though, are the playmakers. They are often referred to as "tweeners" because their size and athleticism fall somewhere between that of the outside linebacker and the defensive end in a 4-3 defense. The 3-4 outside linebackers are primarily pass rushers, so they must be big enough to take on the tackle, but athletic and nimble enough to drop into pass coverage, as well.

While it is usually more difficult to find the personnel for a 3-4 defense - since it requires a mammoth presence inside at nose tackle and exceptional athletes at outside linebacker - it is often preferred by defensive coaches who like the flexibility and unpredictability it creates in rushing the passer. The defense is never certain which linebackers will be rushing the quarterback and which will be dropping into coverage. The 4-3 is more versatile in terms of utilizing the strengths and characteristics of a group of players, and therefore the more common of the two.
    But height is overrated so much, Okoye would play tackle for a 4-3, and he would play end for a 3-4....if hampton takes up 2-3 blockers, smith is also taking up 1-2....okoye would be a massive mismatch with an offensive line just because of how strong he his....if you saw the senior bowl you saw an unblockable defensive lineman playing against some of the best offensive players. Hes the kind of player who will thrive in any defense, he needs to put some weight back on but then again its been said before....hes only 19.

but im not quite sure why im argueing were not getting him lol

Reppin' 724
    I dunno, trading the 15 spot is tough. I think we will find something we like there.

As far as moving our LB's around....ummmm no offense to Farrior, but I gotta believe that Foote would probably win out in camp if we went to a 4-3. But that is our big problem with moving to the 4-3, we don't really have a DOMINANT MLB. As a duo, you won't find too many better then those two, but neither of them, I think, would be spectacular by themselves.

If we get Okoye, then by all means we have the manning to go to a 4-3, b/c him and Big Casey would take enough blockers that a kid with the name of Kyle (lol) would be a star at MLB.

here is how I would see a possible 4-3 with the draftin of Okoye.

DT's - Hamp, Okoye
    DE's - Kesiel, Smith
    MLB - Farrior/Foote (Foote is too stubborn to just go away I think he would iwn the job in camp, maybe even James Harrison is in the mix here)
    OLB - Porter, Haggans/Harrison

we'd probably just come up with some new weird ****ing formation so they could all play lol...its not really a matter of switching to a 4-3 or 3-4....its ****ing with the other team with whatever we do

Thread Information