Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Trading down for value

Bookmark and Share
    Gold Standard
    Quote Originally Posted by TOP GUN View Post
    That's not a bad scenario, although Im thinking Larry Foote might have something to say about it.

Hampton, Okoye, A. Smith, and Kiesel. Now THAT would be formidable as well
    Who would be your LB's with that front 4?

Spencer, Farrior & Porter?

I think Haggans will be a cap casualty. Foote is a good LB and could be the 2nd ILB when they run the 3-4. Im glad you didn't object to any rookies starting on our defense......I was already locked and loaded to throw Jack Lambert (74? DROY) on ya!
    http://www.rushlimbaugh.com/home/daily/site_082009/home.parcoltop11.35513.ImageFile.jpg

House of Steel
    I would love that, to go back to a Levon Kirkland style DB. I like that Front 7 BNGfrv just pulled up. I am going to love this season coming up. We are going to be one kick *** team from hell.

My Mood
    Curmudgeon
    Quote Originally Posted by BlackGold4vr View Post
    Who would be your LB's with that front 4?

Spencer, Farrior & Porter?

I think Haggans will be a cap casualty. Foote is a good LB and could be the 2nd ILB when they run the 3-4. Im glad you didn't object to any rookies starting on our defense......I was already locked and loaded to throw Jack Lambert (74? DROY) on ya!
    More than likely yes, Spencer, Farrior & Porter. Haggans; play has dropped off the last year and half. While he shows games of brilliance he's far too inconsistent. If we ran a 43 with that lineup, and mixed it in with Foote in the 34 situations, that would be downright beastly !

Im not opposed to having rookies in the starting lineup at all. I dont really want 2 of the 4 LB's though to be rookies unless we absolutely had to do it that way, but with the talent we have as starters now, the backups with James and Arnold Harrison and whoever we get in the draft we could be ready to go to a whole nother level on defense.

Okoye was unblockable at the seior bowl....you might as well give up on getting him at 15th....not gonna happen

House of Steel
    Unless we trade up and trade one of our players and compensation picks. It is possible. I want this guy and badly.

Gold Standard

It is possible!

Quote Originally Posted by K-Train View Post
    Okoye was unblockable at the seior bowl....you might as well give up on getting him at 15th....not gonna happen
    There are only 14 teams ahead of us and I can name a handful off the top that have more pressing needs! It is conceivable based on other teams needs that he could fall to us.

Raiders-QB
    Texans-RB or QB
    Detroit-QB or OL
    Arizona-OL
    Atlanta-WR
    Tampa-WR
    http://www.rushlimbaugh.com/home/daily/site_082009/home.parcoltop11.35513.ImageFile.jpg

SA's #1 Pirates Fan Tetris Champion Black@Gold Forever32's Avatar
    My Mood
    Mad
    I like Okoye alot and I wouldn't mind trading down if he isn't there at 15. But I want to clear some things up. Okoye would be a NT in a 3-4. I don't think Okoye would be a good fit at DE in a 3-4. He is to short. Look at the typical 3-4 DE and they're usually around 6-5. I think Okoye is 6-1. Now if the Steelers use a 4-3 at times then I think Okoye could play DE in a 4-3.

No matter what Amobi Okoye is going to be a beast and he would be a no brainer to pick at 15. Now for Brett Keisel if he is going to play LB in a 3-4 it would be at OLB since Keisel's strength is rushing the passer. Our ILB have more coverage responsibilties. I would worry aboue Keisel in pass coverage.
    Last edited by Black@Gold Forever32; 02-13-2007 at 02:06 PM.

Satan's Helper SteelersfaninPhilly's Avatar
    Cut Porter before you cut haggans. You save more money.

http://americanat.blogspot.com/

I'm blind, I'm deaf, I wanna be a ref! Get on your knees ref your blowing the game!

Big thank you to pa state Daryl Metcalfe. For doing the right thing.

My Mood
    Ratbirds
    Quote Originally Posted by BlackGold4vr View Post
    The only player that I believe is worthy of staying at 15 to grab is Amobi Okoye. I have said this before, this guy reminds me a lot of the guy we drafted first in 1969! Y'all might know him as Mean Joe. I believe he makes an immediate impact on somebodies defense and would love it to be ours! If we can't grab Okoye I am hoping we trade down to pick up an extra pick in the 3rd. Anthony Spencer, Adam Carriker, or Jarvis Moss would all be good picks in late round 1! After senior bowl week I am a huge Okoye fan! He was the most outstanding player in that week! He also seems to possess the character that the Rooney's like in their players. I think Okoye is a player who we will see in Hawaii for many years to come and I for one am hoping to see him there wearing a black helmet! Oh yeah, and he's only 19. And all those great O-lineman that some of you are frothing at the mouth to get........they couldn't block this guy in the game or in practice. Staley, Grubbs, Blalock and Kalil got ate up by this guy! That is why on most scouts boards this guy jumped from a 2nd rounder all the way up to a top 10 pick. If he falls to 15 we need to grab him and if someone snags him move down for one of the other 3 I mentioned above! IMHO

hell no to adam carriker, we don't need him this year, or DE's are just fine, we need an OLB/DE not just a straight up DE................ i wouldn't mind trading down cause i don't think there's anyone really 15 worthy when we draft, okoye will be long gone...........i wish hell would freeze over and gaines adams would fall lol...........but i wouldn't mind trading down to get spencer cause he is a crazy reach at 15
    "SA, it's more than a FEVER it's an ADDICTION" -BlacknGold Bleeder

My Mood
    Ratbirds
    Quote Originally Posted by Black@Gold Forever32 View Post
    I like Okoye alot and I wouldn't mind trading down if he isn't there at 15. But I want to clear some things up. Okoye would be a NT in a 3-4. I don't think Okoye would be a good fit at DE in a 3-4. He is to short. Look at the typical 3-4 DE and they're usually around 6-5. I think Okoye is 6-1. Now if the Steelers use a 4-3 at times then I think Okoye could play DE in a 4-3.

No matter what Amobi Okoye is going to be a beast and he would be a no brainer to pick at 15. Now for Brett Keisel if he is going to play LB in a 3-4 it would be at OLB since Keisel's strength is rushing the passer. Our ILB have more coverage responsibilties. I would worry aboue Keisel in pass coverage.
    co-sign............ okoye is a NT in the 3-4 no matter what, and why the hell would you move keisel??? he did good at DE, he wouldn't make a good LB.........
    "SA, it's more than a FEVER it's an ADDICTION" -BlacknGold Bleeder

Thread Information