Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Kubiak Fired

Bookmark and Share
    Banned
    I would say Dallas could be a option for Kubiak. I mean he is a Texas born guy. But Dallas problems are their Defense, not the offense.

My Mood
    Ratbirds
    Quote Originally Posted by NeilPatrickBanana View Post
    Is there such a thing as a long term solution at OC? If the guy does a great job, he'll inevitable end up on the "head coaching" short list.

I don't think Kubiak is all that more likely to get another head coaching opportunity quickly (as compared to a hot shot young OC who has success)... the guys who get 2nd and 3rd opportunities have more of a track record than Kubiak. He had an 8 year run... and has little to show for it. Cam Cameron ran a great offense in San Diego, and sucked as a head coach... no one is clamoring to sign Cameron. Brian Billick hasn't gotten a sniff in years... guys like Whiz, and Del Rio, and Phillips had had to crawl back to the coordinator positions where they belong, while new hot shots like Allen, Chudz, Rivera are the guys getting opportunities... Ii think that's more the nature of coaching jobs in the NFL.

Kubiak would be a good choice for a direction to take the offense... what his future holds would have no impact on my desire to get him.
    There are no guarantees for sure.

That said, teams are a lot less likely to take a young coordinator after a year or two (Tomlin is an example of why there are no guarantees) than a former HC who has had success at the job. The Texans are not a bad team because Kubiak is not a quality head coach. I suspect other NFL teams know that just as I suspect others will argue with that last sentence. OC turnover is really tough on a QB/team. I just see a better chance at continuity with someone else. Again though, I would not complain a bit if they were to hire Kubiak.
    "If I could start my life all over again, I would be a professional football player, and you damn well better believe I would be a Pittsburgh Steeler." -Jack Lambert

Quote Originally Posted by Real Deal Steel View Post
    Kubiak for Haley? I like it. And while we are at it, why don't we replace Tomlin with David Shaw (Stanford)?
    Why shaw? Has he done enough with Harbaughs recruits to make you believe in him as an NFL head coach lol

Tom Clements is my guy if they were looking to replace tomlin, which they arent

Quote Originally Posted by K Train View Post
    Why shaw? Has he done enough with Harbaughs recruits to make you believe in him as an NFL head coach lol

Charlie Strong "is my guy if they were looking to replace Tomlin, which they aren't"... Maybe it's just my Florida bias lol

Polamalu Island or Seattle. Its the same place.
    My Mood
    Aggressive

Give it another year and I'm sure if we miss the playoffs the conversation will come up. Steelers are losing money without home playoff games.
    Be who you are, become what you dream....

Banned

Kubiak Fired

I like Clements, but does that offense fit Ben?

I wanted Sullivan before he went to TB, and we got Haley

Banned

Kubiak Fired

Quote Originally Posted by Dean Denton View Post
    Give it another year and I'm sure if we miss the playoffs the conversation will come up. Steelers are losing money without home playoff games.
    Lol no they arent

Quote Originally Posted by NeilPatrickBanana View Post
    Lol no they arent
    They aren't losing money, but it's profit that is passing them by.
    Bleeding Black and Gold since 86'

Polamalu Island or Seattle. Its the same place.
    My Mood
    Aggressive
    Quote Originally Posted by SnakeEyes43 View Post
    They aren't losing money, but it's profit that is passing them by.
    Yes, you know how much money your franchise makes when you host a playoff game? A lot. You know what your franchise makes when you don't? Nothing. Come on Neil...
    Be who you are, become what you dream....

Draft Pick
    It'll be interesting to see the fanbase's reaction if the Steelers keep Haley after this year. Will they rally around it because Art II can do no wrong, or will they start to wonder if the Steelers don't view winning as the top priority anymore? When the offense is at it's best when it's in the no-huddle, and the OC is hesitant to use it, a well-managed organization would not allow that to continue.

Thread Information