Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Kubiak Fired

Bookmark and Share
    My Mood
    Ratbirds
    Not sure if he would be a good fit. He would be a fine OC but if he were to be successful with us he would be a 1-2 year guy and then a head coach somewhere else. Then we have a mid 30's Ben learning his 3rd offense in about 5 years.
    "If I could start my life all over again, I would be a professional football player, and you damn well better believe I would be a Pittsburgh Steeler." -Jack Lambert

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by TarlsQtr View Post
    Not sure if he would be a good fit. He would be a fine OC but if he were to be successful with us he would be a 1-2 year guy and then a head coach somewhere else. Then we have a mid 30's Ben learning his 3rd offense in about 5 years.
    or he could be like Lebeau, and stick to being what he's very good at... an OC.

i like haley but id bring in kubiak.

Bring in Kubiak and Sexy Rexy as coordinators next season. I am in love with Rexs defensive scheme personally

SA's #1 Pirates Fan Tetris Champion Black@Gold Forever32's Avatar
    My Mood
    Mad
    Rex always had a great scheme........

My Mood
    Ratbirds
    Quote Originally Posted by Black@Gold Forever32 View Post
    Rex always had a great scheme........
    And his wife has great toes...
    "If I could start my life all over again, I would be a professional football player, and you damn well better believe I would be a Pittsburgh Steeler." -Jack Lambert

SA's #1 Pirates Fan Tetris Champion Black@Gold Forever32's Avatar
    My Mood
    Mad
    And his wife has great toes...
    true...lol

Assistant Coach Real Deal Steel's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Black@Gold Forever32 View Post
    I don't think Kubiak would be inline for another HC gig and will have to settle for an OC position......I'm all for replacing Todd Haley........Wish Todd Haley would die of gonorrhea........
    Kubiak for Haley? I like it. And while we are at it, why don't we replace Tomlin with David Shaw (Stanford)?
    The Steeler way...is the only way.

My Mood
    Ratbirds
    Quote Originally Posted by NeilPatrickBanana View Post
    or he could be like Lebeau, and stick to being what he's very good at... an OC.
    LeBeau was 106 at the time and it was pretty clear he would not be a head coach again. Kubiak is what, 50? Don't get me wrong, I think he is a great short-term solution but I would just prefer a long-term one. There are a ton of college OCs and HCs who would make great pro OCs and would be more likely to hang around for 5 years or so. I bet we could all come up with 10 who would be good choices.

Banned
    LeBeau was 106 at the time and it was pretty clear he would not be a head coach again. Kubiak is what, 50? Don't get me wrong, I think he is a great short-term solution but I would just prefer a long-term one. There are a ton of college OCs and HCs who would make great pro OCs and would be more likely to hang around for 5 years or so. I bet we could all come up with 10 who would be good choices.
    Is there such a thing as a long term solution at OC? If the guy does a great job, he'll inevitable end up on the "head coaching" short list.

I don't think Kubiak is all that more likely to get another head coaching opportunity quickly (as compared to a hot shot young OC who has success)... the guys who get 2nd and 3rd opportunities have more of a track record than Kubiak. He had an 8 year run... and has little to show for it. Cam Cameron ran a great offense in San Diego, and sucked as a head coach... no one is clamoring to sign Cameron. Brian Billick hasn't gotten a sniff in years... guys like Whiz, and Del Rio, and Phillips had had to crawl back to the coordinator positions where they belong, while new hot shots like Allen, Chudz, Rivera are the guys getting opportunities... Ii think that's more the nature of coaching jobs in the NFL.

Kubiak would be a good choice for a direction to take the offense... what his future holds would have no impact on my desire to get him.

Kubiak Fired

What happened to their defense??

Thread Information