Page 9 of 11 FirstFirst ... 7891011 LastLast

Thread: Heavy Fines Coming Because of Tomlin?

Bookmark and Share
    Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by TarlsQtr View Post
    Sigh...

Runners break it back inside all of the time but it is irrelevant. Tomlin was standing there before the play and does so as a habit. It is impossible to "plan" such a tactic when you do not even know the play will be anywhere near you.

Actually, anyone "with a brain" would know that the head coach of the kicking team has no say in the direction the return man decides to go.

Yep.

He is looking up at the screen until Jones is about 10 yards from him. NFL players are fast. In the roughly one second it takes Jones to run 10 yards, Tomlin noticed his position in the way (he probably saw himself on the Jumbotron), looked over his shoulder (a reasonable reaction), and jumped out of the way about the time Jones ran past him.

You do realize that calling people "son" is about 20 years past its expiration date, correct? Want to go out for some "za" later?

Great, show me ANY other time where Tomlin is CLEARLY breaking the LAW...the RULES by standing in the White area on a kickoff. Cause I can't find a single one. And I have EVERY Steelers game on tape going back 20 years BEFORE Terry Bradshaw even picked up a football.

I will be waiting for the Video.

Banned

Heavy Fines Coming Because of Tomlin?

Quote Originally Posted by questforSB7 View Post
    . And I have EVERY Steelers game on tape going back 20 years BEFORE Terry Bradshaw even picked up a football.
    Why do you compulsively lie?

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by NeilPatrickBanana View Post
    Why do you compulsively lie?

Can you PROVE I am Lying ? On anything. You defend Tomlin cause you said the league could not PROVE Intent. Oh, but you can state that you KNOW I am Lying.

Can anyone with a brain please explain the definition of the word....IRONY! to Neil!

Draft Pick
    Great, show me ANY other time where Tomlin is CLEARLY breaking the LAW...the RULES by standing in the White area on a kickoff. Cause I can't find a single one. And I have EVERY Steelers game on tape going back 20 years BEFORE Terry Bradshaw even picked up a football.

1. The NFL doesn't have any LAWS so I'm sure there would be no video to support such a dumb statement.

2. The only time you will see video of coaches standing on the sideline is when <gasp> they're actually standing on the sideline, and a situation of this magnitude arises. Tomlin said he watches returns on the jumbo's not that he stands on the sideline to watch them so again I doubt there would be "much" video to prove or disprove this notion.

3. Dude get a DVR your place must be a hoarders paradise of VHS tapes.

My Mood
    Ratbirds

I will be waiting for the Video.
    I am not sure which is dumber. A) You implying that you went back and checked every kickoff return in the Mike Tomlin era. Or B) Claiming that you have every game taped for the 20 years back before Bradshaw picked up a ball (Bradshaw retired 30 years ago).
    Last edited by TarlsQtr; 12-04-2013 at 03:12 PM.
    "If I could start my life all over again, I would be a professional football player, and you damn well better believe I would be a Pittsburgh Steeler." -Jack Lambert

Draft Pick
    Can you PROVE I am Lying ? On anything.

I can. Please send me "the tape" of the Pittsburgh Steelers vs. the Chicago Cardinals in 1953. When you have the tape in hand let me know and I'll message you my address.

Oh and I took it easy on you because I'm sure Terry picked up a football years before this date, but I figured you meant to say before he was in the league........

still waiting

My Mood
    Ratbirds
    I only know of two coaches that have spoken out about this.

John Harbaugh: "That stuff happens.”

Bill Belichick: “Obviously we have to give the officials and the players room to play,” Belichick said in comments distributed by the team (via PFT). “Sometimes that just happens where you get guys caught up a little bit on the sideline. But yeah, I saw the play last night. I was like, ‘Oh my God, yeah.' That could easily happen to any of us. It's a good lesson, I have to be careful.”

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/eye-on-...n-to-any-of-us
    "If I could start my life all over again, I would be a professional football player, and you damn well better believe I would be a Pittsburgh Steeler." -Jack Lambert

Banned
    Can you PROVE I am Lying ? On anything. You defend Tomlin cause you said the league could not PROVE Intent. Oh, but you can state that you KNOW I am Lying.

Can anyone with a brain please explain the definition of the word....IRONY! to Neil!
    Just to clarify, you have "tapes" of every game the Steelers played over the last 60 years... including all games played in the 1950s?

Do you actually think this is difficult to disprove?

Banned
    I am not sure which is dumber. A) You implying that you went back and checked every kickoff return in the Mike Tomlin era. Or B) Claiming that you have every game taped for the last 20 years back to before Bradshaw picked up a ball (Bradshaw retired 30 years ago).

I never said it...you did. You said Tomlin has done this what ?...100 times ? And No, I do not have video of every kickoff. But what I do have is TOMLIN himself after the game SAYING He constantly goes on to the field during kickoffs...he SAID that. In other words, Tomlin is totally thumbing his nose at the RULES. And he sits on the Rules commitee. Am I the only one to see the Irony in that ?

Banned
    I only know of two coaches that have spoken out about this.

John Harbaugh: "That stuff happens.”

Bill Belichick: “Obviously we have to give the officials and the players room to play,” Belichick said in comments distributed by the team (via PFT). “Sometimes that just happens where you get guys caught up a little bit on the sideline. But yeah, I saw the play last night. I was like, ‘Oh my God, yeah.' That could easily happen to any of us. It's a good lesson, I have to be careful.”

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/eye-on-...n-to-any-of-us
    That's the sound of the collective air starting to be let out of Team Real Dumb Stupid's Mega-Idiot Balloon

Thread Information