Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Question from Steelers fan from Switzerland

Bookmark and Share
    Polamalu Island or Seattle. Its the same place.
    My Mood
    Aggressive
    Quote Originally Posted by manex View Post
    Thanks everybody

Actually I'm sure you know soccer. That's the popular sport over here. But I don't like it because the players fall on the ground as soon as an other player is coming to close and try to get a penalty. In my opinion they are actors, rather comedians. I can't take them seriously .
    Football is different, football is for real men. That's why I love this sport. And it's much more a team sport. Regardless you are big, tall, fast or just a perfect blocker. Everyone can play an important part to win a game. And it's man against man.

Unfortunatly ESPN stopped broadcast to Europe. So I had to buy this GamePass to be able to see the games. And this season I was able to travel to London to see my first NFL game live - Steelers vs. Vikings... If they only had won the game... Hope to be able to show up at Heinz Field someday - that would be awesome.

I think the Steelers are getting back on track. Let's see how the season will end !!!

Cheers, Alex
    Happy to have you as part of the family of Steeler nation. When did you become a Steeler fan? What game were you watching that changed your life? We all have that one game that grabbed our soul. Steeler fans are a special type of fan. Most the time you don't choose them they choose you in regards of becoming a fan. What was your game? Mine was the 79-80 Super Bowl against the Rams. I have a cool hat from that game with the date and everything. Got it about 7 years ago.
    Be who you are, become what you dream....

Waterboy
    Actually I do not have that special game. I guess it was a kind of development. But I remember the USC game against UCLA. Matt Barkley plaid it nice. But how did I become a Steelers fan? It's because Big Bens roots go back to Switzerland. So I started to get more and more familiar with the Steelers and the Steelers history. I liked what a read and that's why I became a Steelers fan...

My Mood
    Aggressive
    Actually I do not have that special game. I guess it was a kind of development. But I remember the USC game against UCLA. Matt Barkley plaid it nice. But how did I become a Steelers fan? It's because Big Bens roots go back to Switzerland. So I started to get more and more familiar with the Steelers and the Steelers history. I liked what a read and that's why I became a Steelers fan...
    That's cool, I haven't talked to too many people that became a fan of the Steelers because of Big Ben. That would make him happy considering he's been top five most hated athlete for the last 5-7 years or so. I like him a lot too.

Draft Pick
    I remember when Ben went to Switzerland to visit his grandfather right after they won the Super Bowl against the Cardinals. I've been to Switzerland a few times and it is certainly one of the most beautiful countries in the world. (Pretty girls too!)

My Mood
    Aggressive
    Quote Originally Posted by Rocky#20 View Post
    I remember when Ben went to Switzerland to visit his grandfather right after they won the Super Bowl against the Cardinals. I've been to Switzerland a few times and it is certainly one of the most beautiful countries in the world. (Pretty girls too!)
    I remember something about that. Did he go after the first SB or the second? I know he was nursing a face injury after SB XL.

Waterboy
    Quote Originally Posted by Dean Denton View Post
    That's cool, I haven't talked to too many people that became a fan of the Steelers because of Big Ben. That would make him happy considering he's been top five most hated athlete for the last 5-7 years or so. I like him a lot too.
    Wow, didn't know that. Why is he one of the most hated players? I only heard, once he had some trouble with the law and once a motorbike accident. Of course I'm to far away to get everything that happens in Pittsburgh...
    I like the way he plaid in the past, especially when he's under pressure. He seems always to keep cool...

My Mood
    Aggressive
    Wow, didn't know that. Why is he one of the most hated players? I only heard, once he had some trouble with the law and once a motorbike accident. Of course I'm to far away to get everything that happens in Pittsburgh...
    I like the way he plaid in the past, especially when he's under pressure. He seems always to keep cool...
    Um....he's hated because he's a winner. That's how it works in America...

Thread Information