1. First and foremost of course the Steelers need to beat the Dolphins which would put their record at 6-7 and Miami's record at 6-7 and give the Steelers the head to head tiebraker over Miami should they win out and finish at 9-7 or even 8-8 for that matter as Miami still has to play one more game against the Patriots in which they will probably end up losing to give them 8 losses.
2. Tennessee needs to lose in Denver which is pretty much almost a given at this point. This will put the Titans at 8 losses and should the Steelers win out and finish at 9-7 Tennessee cannot finish ahead or tied with them since they own the head to head tiebraker since they beat the Steelers or ahead of them record wise. Incase the Steelers do finish at 8-8 you will need the Titans to lose one of their 3 remaining games with either Arizona,Houston or Jacksonville because finishing at 8-8 as well with the Titans wont get you the tiebraker over them because as I mentioned they own the head to head over you because they beat you.
3. This is not a really big deal but it would be nice is for the San Diego Chargers to lose another game to the Giants at home on Sunday and put their record at 5-8. Now even if San Diego does beat the Giants and they are 6-7 it's not a big big deal seeing that the Chargers have to go play at Denver next Thursday night which will is a game they will probably lose to put them at 8 losses right there. The Steelers will win a head to head tiebraker over the Chargers whether they finish at 9-7 or 8-8 because the Chargers conference record currently is 3-6 and when they lose to Denver next Thursday it will be 3-7 and the best the Chargers can do conference record wise would be 5-7 while the Steelers probably will be either 6-6 or 7-5 conference record wise if they finish at 9-7 or 8-8 which gives them the head to head easily over San Diego.
4. The Jets to lose one more game and put them at 8 losses incase the Steelers finish at 8-8 and need to get a tiebraker over the Jets which they will do since they already beat them. Even if the Jets do beat the Raiders on Sunday they have to play at Carolina next Sunday which is a game they will most likely lose and put them at 8 losses right there. The Jets are pretty much a non-factor at this point with the Steelers no matter what they do the rest of the season since the Steelers own the tiebraker over them.
5. Finally, while it probably wont happen on Sunday and Im not expecting it too the Steelers need the Ravens to lose 2 out of their last 4 games either with Minnesota,at Detroit next weekend,New England or at Cincinnati the final week of the season. If the Ravens lose two games and the Steelers win out they will get in over the Ravens at 9-7 to their 8-8, and even if the Steelers finish at 8-8 and the Ravens do as well I believe they will win the tiebraker over the Ravens as long as they win all of their AFC games and lose just to the Packers.
6. The Steelers believe it or not can still win the AFC North if they win out and the Bengals lose to the Colts Sunday the Steelers next weekend, and lose against the Ravens the last week of the season as long as the Ravens lose at Detroit and New England. It's a long long shot at this point but it's still a possibility and will definitely get more interesting and more talked about if the Steelers win against Miami Sunday and the Bengals lose at home to the Colts.
Here is what I expect the wildcard standings to look like at the end of the day tomorrow below. If this does indeed happen exactly that way all the Steelers would need to do is win out and have the Ravens lose 2 out of those 3 tough remaining games they have left and they would be in as the 6th seed. Hope this helps clear everything up about the Steelers playoff chances going into Sunday and exactly what they need to have happen tomorrow to put them in better position moving forward over the next 2-3 weeks.
San Diego 6-7