Thread: Report: Roethlisberger's next contract could exceed $20M a year

Bookmark and Share
    This is too damn entertaining.
    Bleeding Black and Gold since 86'

My Mood
    Addicted

Re: Report: Roethlisberger's next contract could exceed $20M a year

Quote Originally Posted by questforSB7 View Post
    I have does not have the time to waste on someone like you who's IQ is at BEST in the 65-70 range.
    Whose*

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk 2

Quote Originally Posted by Ibleedblk&gld View Post
    Whose*

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk 2
    Lolololol

Draft Pick
    Quote Originally Posted by NeilPatrickBanana View Post
    Let's look at things a little deeper...

2nd basemen...
    Chase Utley was the new highest contract pace setter back in 2007 at 12.1 avg salary... since then... the top 5 contracts at the position:
    1. Ian Kinsler, $15,000,000 (2013-17)
    2. Dustin Pedroia, $13,750,000 (2014-21)
    3. Chase Utley, $13,500,000 (2014-15) 2nd contract
    4. Dan Uggla, $12,400,000 (2011-15)
    5. Brandon Phillips, $12,083,333 (2012-17)

you're claim... that mlb star player contracts are trending down... is 100% completely nonsense. it's false. it's a lie that you probably thought was true because you didn't do your homework... and wanted something easy to point to in your silly nature of coming to the defense of anything perceived as a slight to Ben. it makes you look dumb constantly because you pull nonsense out of your ***... and then you get your *** handed to you, when people who know more than you read your drivel...

so, now that we've had a lesson in what being ridiculously wrong looks like... maybe you'll recant... nah, we know you aren't capable
    Just wonder if Cano's signing drives the point home that salary's are in no way trending down, or if more proof is needed. I think it also points out that trying to draw comparison's between NFL and MLB salaries was as pointless as trying to say salaries, in ANY sport tend to trend downward.

No one is ever worth that sort of money, but Cano, while a fantastic all-around player, a very solid professional, but look at the company he's keeping in that salary range. He is NO WHERE near THAT impact of a player.

Oh wait it must be the Jay-Z effect.
    Quote Originally Posted by questforSB7 View Post
    And I have EVERY Steelers game on tape going back 20 years BEFORE Terry Bradshaw even picked up a football.

Banned

Report: Roethlisberger's next contract could exceed $20M a year

Yes pretty much everything NYC said in regards to contracts was an act of complete
    Dumb ****ness

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by WindyCityShaker View Post
    Just wonder if Cano's signing drives the point home that salary's are in no way trending down, or if more proof is needed. I think it also points out that trying to draw comparison's between NFL and MLB salaries was as pointless as trying to say salaries, in ANY sport tend to trend downward.

No one is ever worth that sort of money, but Cano, while a fantastic all-around player, a very solid professional, but look at the company he's keeping in that salary range. He is NO WHERE near THAT impact of a player.

Oh wait it must be the Jay-Z effect.
    Without taking into consideration his value in comparison to Hamilton (a player with substance abuse problems and injuries), Cano, the biggest offensive star of this offseason received less per year than what Hamilton, the biggest offensive star of last season, received.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by NeilPatrickBanana View Post
    Yes pretty much everything NYC said in regards to contracts was an act of complete
    Dumb ****ness
    Your mother not aborting you was a complete act of whatever you said.

2nd String
    Something is worth what somebody will pay. If he gets $200 million, then he is worth it. If they pay $150 million, then they are not worth $200 million, not even $150,000,000.01. We can argue all we want, but that is the reality.

My Mood
    Ratbirds
    Quote Originally Posted by NYCsteelersfan View Post
    Without taking into consideration his value in comparison to Hamilton (a player with substance abuse problems and injuries), Cano, the biggest offensive star of this offseason received less per year than what Hamilton, the biggest offensive star of last season, received.
    Lol please tell me that you can see the difference between a contract that will end when a player is 35 or so and one that will end when he is 41. Claiming that Cano's contract is evidence that salaries are decreasing is about the most absurd thing posted on this website, which is a pretty high bar.

Sent from my KFTT using Tapatalk HD
    "If I could start my life all over again, I would be a professional football player, and you damn well better believe I would be a Pittsburgh Steeler." -Jack Lambert

Banned
    Cano is a AVERAGE player at BEST. You don't win with average players. Seattle were Morons to give even 1/3rd that amount to this guy ( LOL )

Thread Information