Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 6789 LastLast

Thread: First choice in the draft

Bookmark and Share
    My Mood
    Ratbirds

First choice in the draft

Quote Originally Posted by NeilPatrickBanana View Post
    that's NOT a lot of money for 2 WR spots in the NFL today... it's the opposite of a lot...
    I don't disagree for the most part but I was not speaking about the NFL. I was talking about the Steelers. The consensus before the Wallace hold out last season was that we were set at WR for the next decade. I said we would never pay Wallace, Brown, and Sanders and that we would probably have only one by 2014 (at the time I figured it would be Wallace), two at most. I was laughed at.

The Steelers just do not put a lot of value at the position. They see WRs as mostly interchangeable and have never put a lot of money in it. $12 million for two WRs is a lot for this team. I actually hope I am wrong.
    "If I could start my life all over again, I would be a professional football player, and you damn well better believe I would be a Pittsburgh Steeler." -Jack Lambert

Assistant Coach
    Quote Originally Posted by TarlsQtr View Post
    I don't disagree for the most part but I was not speaking about the NFL. I was talking about the Steelers. The consensus before the Wallace hold out last season was that we were set at WR for the next decade. I said we would never pay Wallace, Brown, and Sanders and that we would probably have only one by 2014 (at the time I figured it would be Wallace), two at most. I was laughed at.

The Steelers just do not put a lot of value at the position. They see WRs as mostly interchangeable and have never put a lot of money in it. $12 million for two WRs is a lot for this team. I actually hope I am wrong.
    the Steelers dont draft 3-4 DEs in the 1st round... oh wait...
    Banana Fett !?!? Where???

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by HumanPudding View Post
    Just can't for the life of my understand how people think watkins is more desireable than matthews or even lewan
    Given the fact that the offensive line has yet to show any good consistency, I don't understand the hype over a 6 foot WR either.

Quote Originally Posted by Big T View Post
    Disagreeing with yourself now, huh? This is just a simple ploy to try and make people believe you two aren't the same person. Not buying it!
    Once I spotted Ktrain's sack on page 6, I knew you would come swinging off of it a few posts later.

Watkins is a hometown boy here. that would be cool. But a LT or CB is really needed... Or an awesome MLB in the first.

Assistant Coach Real Deal Steel's Avatar
    Add in a nose tackle too somewhere along the way.
    The Steeler way...is the only way.

Assistant Coach
    Quote Originally Posted by coldrolled View Post
    Watkins is a hometown boy here. that would be cool. But a LT or CB is really needed... Or an awesome MLB in the first.
    depends where we are picking... and what changes are made defensively...

drafting a top 10 CB.... with DL continuing to run the defense would be moronic. You can't invest an elite pick into a corner who is going to primarily play zone... it's like drafting a 1st round TE and then having Mike Martz run the offense... it's just a waste.

We have Timmons locked up... no need to invest an elite pick in a thumper by his side...

we need a game changer on offense...a guy who teams have to game plan for... a guy who can put points on the board in a single play... a guy who can change the way we attack, DURING the game...

Assistant Coach
    coldrolled, im so confused right now

Polamalu Island or Seattle. Its the same place.
    My Mood
    Aggressive
    Quote Originally Posted by NeilPatrickBanana View Post
    depends where we are picking... and what changes are made defensively...

drafting a top 10 CB.... with DL continuing to run the defense would be moronic. You can't invest an elite pick into a corner who is going to primarily play zone... it's like drafting a 1st round TE and then having Mike Martz run the offense... it's just a waste.

We have Timmons locked up... no need to invest an elite pick in a thumper by his side...

we need a game changer on offense...a guy who teams have to game plan for... a guy who can put points on the board in a single play... a guy who can change the way we attack, DURING the game...
    Who's going to be this game breaker? Because there is a bad a$$ OLB playing tonite named Barr that would look pretty good where Woodley is standing. Not to mention coupled with Jarvis they would put points on the board and also make our secondary look better. And weren't we trying to draft Revis before the jets? How would he have fit in DLs scheme? Ar you saying that would have been a waste to line him up next to Troy 7 years ago?
    Be who you are, become what you dream....

Assistant Coach
    Quote Originally Posted by Dean Denton View Post
    Who's going to be this game breaker? Because there is a bad a$$ OLB playing tonite named Barr that would look pretty good where Woodley is standing.
    Woodley isn't going anywhere... his stupid contract, and restructures make him an absolutely impossible player to cut.
    Here's some info:
    Cut him before 2014 season : 14.1 in dead cap space
    Cut him before 2015 season : 8.5 in dead cap space
    Cut him before 2016 season (final year of deal) : 2.9 million in dead cap space

You don't have to tell me about Barr. I'm one of the more well informed college football fans here and also happen to be watching a ton of UCLA the last 2 years (Im a huge Brett Hundley fan)

Not to mention coupled with Jarvis they would put points on the board and also make our secondary look better.
    sure would.... we have bigger needs with Woodley and Jarvis in place though....

And weren't we trying to draft Revis before the jets?
    I'm only speculating... but I don't think Revis, would be "Revis" if we drafted him. I have no reason to believe that Lebeau would alter his scheme so dramatically for a player like Revis.

How would he have fit in DLs scheme? Ar you saying that would have been a waste to line him up next to Troy 7 years ago?
    He wouldn't have fit... Revis became "Revis" because he was able to go man/press/island. Lebeau puts his corners in man/press/island situations about as often as it snows in the sahara.

Thread Information