Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Thread: if the draft were today (half way point)

Bookmark and Share
    Also, i dont think Oakland would take Lewan, Veldheer is a stud and will be back and they just drafted watson

Banned

if the draft were today (half way point)

Quote Originally Posted by K Train View Post
    Also, i dont think Oakland would take Lewan, Veldheer is a stud and will be back and they just drafted watson
    Good point

Banned

Why? Just because he plays in texas? Nonsense.

They didnt jump all over vince young, from houston, played at Texas and was a hero there
    No because he's a perfect fit in that offense and it has everything in place to "win now"

There should be little doubt that Houston will be going QB (presuming they are drafting towards the top)

You can flip jax/Bridgewater to #1 and Houston manziel to #2 lol
    Last edited by NeilPatrickBanana; 11-26-2013 at 07:25 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by NeilPatrickBanana View Post
    No because he's a perfect fit in that offense and it has everything in place to "win now"

There should be little doubt that Houston will be going QB (presuming they are drafting towards the top)
    Have a real hard time in thinking a GM will look towards a RS sophomore for a "win now" QB

Banned

Have a real hard time in thinking a GM will look towards a RS sophomore for a "win now" QB
    Valid

Banned
    If this team goes Watkins/Mathews out of Vandy in the 1st, there is no doubt the team goes defense in the 2nd and 3rd. I believe it goes

Round 2-CB
    Round 3-S

Assistant Coach Real Deal Steel's Avatar
    The Steeler way...is the only way.

2nd String
    If It's not Sammy Watkins , or DeVaonte Adams (reports of him declaring) ... I say trade down and pick back up that 3rd or something we lost in the Samarko Trade , then take Darqueze Dennard in the Mid/Late 1st

also Marqueston Huff from Wyoming is a very underrated Safety , he played Corner and made the switch to safety and has over 100 tackles , good ball skills , expected to run 4.3-4.4 , he would be a great pick up in the 4th or with our 3rd comp pick
    Think Tashun Gipson from Cleveland (Former college teamate) but with more athleticism

Trading back is just not a very good idea if you ask me. We don't need more picks. We need quality. We already have a bunch of capable backups and starters, but we need gamechangers, and you seldom trade back for those.

If the draft was today, I think have you have to go for the following positions (in order of importances to me):

OT - I think we are one LT away from having one of the better O-lines in the league. Especially if Pouncey is resigned and put into guard with Velasco playing center.

WR - AB is amazing, but we need more weapons and preferably a premier talent like Watkins who could change this offense around. AB would become so much better, and Le'Veon would also become so much more dangerous, because we'd have a very very dangerous passing offense.

CB - Ike is done. He had a great run, and he might be around for another year or two, but we need someone to take over eventually! A proper CB that is.

NT -I'm not sold on McClendon. I never was. I don't mind hood playing there per say, but he is not a disruptive force at all. We could use a new NT who could bolster that front.

TE - injuries and age is starting to catch up with Miller. Don't get me wrong, he is playing some nice football, but he has lost a step.

Guard - In the case Pouncey is not resigned, we need one. If nothing else, then for backup.

Safety - Troy will be back. I'm very certain about it. We still need an eventual replacement.

ILB - I love me some Williams, but if we could find the next farrior somewhere, I'm all for drafting one early.

DE - Woods is playing nicely, but we could use more options there I guess.
    However much you think you know about football, rest assured that Skip Bayless knows more!

2nd String
    Quote Originally Posted by JensK View Post
    Trading back is just not a very good idea if you ask me. We don't need more picks. We need quality. We already have a bunch of capable backups and starters, but we need gamechangers, and you seldom trade back for those.

If the draft was today, I think have you have to go for the following positions (in order of importances to me):

OT - I think we are one LT away from having one of the better O-lines in the league. Especially if Pouncey is resigned and put into guard with Velasco playing center. - Playmakers win Games , not LT , Beachum is Solid enough and still getting better , You just can't keep spending picks premier Picks on the Oline , and Matthews is the only 1 worth a 1st round too me , and he'll be long gone before they pick

WR - AB is amazing, but we need more weapons and preferably a premier talent like Watkins who could change this offense around. AB would become so much better, and Le'Veon would also become so much more dangerous, because we'd have a very very dangerous passing offense. Exactly why Sammy Watkins / Devante Adams are the only WRs worthy of a 1st round grade to me , and Adams maybe too raw for a mid 1st but he is everything you want to give Ben in a WR - Mike Evans is just a no to me , and Marquis Lee could be if you want a Boom or Bust pick

CB - Ike is done. He had a great run, and he might be around for another year or two, but we need someone to take over eventually! A proper CB that is. - Darqueze Dennard is your player

NT -I'm not sold on McClendon. I never was. I don't mind hood playing there per say, but he is not a disruptive force at all. We could use a new NT who could bolster that front. - Meh the Dline is fine to me , Nix worthy of a 1st but you just don't need 1st round picks at all 3 DL positions , it's like we want 1st round picks at every Line position , Dline or Oline , and ignore the playmaking positions

TE - injuries and age is starting to catch up with Miller. Don't get me wrong, he is playing some nice football, but he has lost a step. - You just don't get the value in the 1st round with a TE

Guard - In the case Pouncey is not resigned, we need one. If nothing else, then for backup. - I'd love David Yankey if he comes out but I really don't like spending soooo much on the Oline , you need playmakers at the skill positions

Safety - Troy will be back. I'm very certain about it. We still need an eventual replacement. - ala see Marqueston Huff

ILB - I love me some Williams, but if we could find the next farrior somewhere, I'm all for drafting one early. - Meh stop looking for "the next" former player , and let the guys come into their own, ILB is 1 place we have plenty of young talent

DE - Woods is playing nicely, but we could use more options there I guess. - No , No we don't , Arnfelt played great in pre season and he will make the roster next year and also Nick Williams last yr , have plenty of Dline Depth
    lol that's 9 Needs you listed , this team needs quality and quantity ... there are no game changers after say the top 10 unless Watkins Falls if a run on QBs happen ... I love Ekpre and Dennard are the 2 CBs I'd love , but if Watkins or Adams isn't there and you can trade back to 20 and pick up a 3rd round and still will be able to get Dennard that'll be be getting quality and quantity (mission accomplished)

Darqueze Dennard is Revis - yeah I said it -

Thread Information