Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: The Miami Situation Gets Interesting

Bookmark and Share
    Draft Pick
    I just watched the Dolphin's press conference and now I'm really confused. Tannehill said that Incognito and Martin were best friends and as close as brothers. Now there is a report that the Dolphin coaches went to RI and told him to toughen up Martin because Martin was too soft. Knowing who RI is and his background, telling him to toughen someone up is like telling a fox to go into the coop and toughen up the chickens. You are asking for a disaster.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Rocky#20 View Post
    I just watched the Dolphin's press conference and now I'm really confused. Tannehill said that Incognito and Martin were best friends and as close as brothers. Now there is a report that the Dolphin coaches went to RI and told him to toughen up Martin because Martin was too soft. Knowing who RI is and his background, telling him to toughen someone up is like telling a fox to go into the coop and toughen up the chickens. You are asking for a disaster.

All those reports are unsubstantiated..and just rumor. I agree that there is more to this. I just think it was a case that there weren't any coaches in the Locker room ever, and that the Dolphins so-called council of players were running the store, and all of them were uneducated, Ghetto Gangsta's....and Martin was NOT that...and they just decided to toughen him up their way.

Polamalu Island or Seattle. Its the same place.
    My Mood
    Aggressive
    Watching Mike&Mike and just about everyone on Martins team is putting him on blast. They all pretty much say he should have manned up. His agent said the same thing. I'm thinking there is more going on that Martin hasn't shared yet. Because I just don't get how his team is painting incognito as the victim.
    Be who you are, become what you dream....

My Mood
    Ratbirds

The Miami Situation Gets Interesting

Quote Originally Posted by Dean Denton View Post
    Watching Mike&Mike and just about everyone on Martins team is putting him on blast. They all pretty much say he should have manned up. His agent said the same thing. I'm thinking there is more going on that Martin hasn't shared yet. Because I just don't get how his team is painting incognito as the victim.
    Everyone seems to be painting this as an Incognito vs. Martin thing. The original reports had this as a group of Dolphins (including Pouncey) harassing Martin. If this was several players, it would explain both why Martin did not stand up and why the other players seem to be backing Incognito.

For instance, another player (I forget who) tweeted a picture of the $30,000 meal that the rooks had to pay for and was bragging about it. He was in on it and I am sure is backing Incognito now.
    "If I could start my life all over again, I would be a professional football player, and you damn well better believe I would be a Pittsburgh Steeler." -Jack Lambert

My Mood
    Ratbirds

The Miami Situation Gets Interesting

Here is the pic and Tweet:

http://msn.foxsports.com/nfl/story/j...ip-club-110313

Thus is a vet versus rookie thing, so I would not be shocked that the vets are backing Incognito.
    "If I could start my life all over again, I would be a professional football player, and you damn well better believe I would be a Pittsburgh Steeler." -Jack Lambert

Draft Pick
    Quote Originally Posted by TarlsQtr View Post
    Here is the pic and Tweet:

http://msn.foxsports.com/nfl/story/j...ip-club-110313

Thus is a vet versus rookie thing, so I would not be shocked that the vets are backing Incognito.
    Yeah I remember that, it's just that RI was the "ringleader". You know the taking your position group out to dinner which is usually in that $30,000 range, is well........i guess the standard. I wish the NFL would step in and do something about the financial hazing and such that takes place. Who's to say these guys should be paying out tens of thousand of dollars on dinners or strip clubs, or incognito can just take Tannehill's credit card to buy a jet ski? For some of these guys that's a high percentage of their season salary. Why does the culture in the NFL think that's ok?

Draft Pick
    Quote Originally Posted by Dean Denton View Post
    It's interesting that with all of the listening to Mike and Mike you never mention any of the interviews where people are putting Incognito on blast. Bill Polian basically called out the entire Miami front office, coaching staff, and players. He never allowed any hazing on any of his teams and never had a complaint about it. Peyton made sure everyone was treated fairly when he was on the Colts; which I guess is the real problem when you look at the Dolphins, they don't have a team leader there. Being on a committe, or having a "C" on your chest makes you a captain, but leadership comes from within oneself. It's about integrity, and regardless of manning up or not, there is no integrity on that team.

Polamalu Island or Seattle. Its the same place.
    My Mood
    Aggressive
    Nobody that has reported this has let cognito off the hook, and they don't excuse what he did. I was only talking about the players on the team. Do I think there is a lack of leadership on this team? Yes! Do I have a problem with Martin walking away? No! Do we know the entire story? Not even close. But there is a reason all those players are taking one side over the other and we don't know what it is.
    Be who you are, become what you dream....

Thread Information