Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Results 21 to 30 of 48

Thread: The Miami Situation Gets Interesting

          
   
   
    Bookmark and Share
  1. #21
    2nd String
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Posts
    951
    On the contrary, he went to work and faced his a users. That takes bravery, more than many of the "tough guys" on this forum have. And size means nothing, I know a few guys who could lower the boom on guys they give away 6" to and 100lbs. And besides, he did do something, exactly what he was supposed to.

    All of these comments from guys who think they understand the entire situation based on an initial news story.

    Quote Originally Posted by Dean Denton View Post
    Yeah I'm not the one talking $hit, that's you. Guess you're tryin to be like cognito. And Martin didn't get one msg, he got bullied for two years and did nothing. So yeah he's kind of a punk for letting it go on. I guess the world needs pu$$ies too, good luck with that bro.

  2. #22
    Head Coach LatrobePA's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    THIS IS MY HOUSE BITCHES
    Posts
    12,255

    The Miami Situation Gets Interesting

    Yea a lot of tough guy keyboard tappers out here. lol

    Being bullied as a 10 year old or 25 year old, doesn't matter the **** happens! This is a bad deal!
    "Happy Happy Happy"

  3. #23
    Draft Pick
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Posts
    439
    Quote Originally Posted by TarlsQtr View Post
    A major point is being missed. Incognito was the ringleader, meaning it was a group that was intimidating the kid. I have seen people get humiliated by a group. It is dreadful.

    Blaming Martin is abhorrent.
    What is abhorrent is that Incognito was on the leadership council of the Dolphins.

    What is confusing is that everyone in that locker room let it go on. You don't hear one peep from any player saying that RI did anything wrong. The Dolphins as an organization were actually backing RI before that text came out. Thinking about the fact that NO ONE on that team stood up for Martin probably points to there being much more to the story than we may ever know.

  4. #24
    Draft Pick
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Posts
    281
    I think the major disagreement between the posters on this site is generational. Someone like myself born in the 1950's find it strange that if you are being picked on that you wouldn't stand up and fight your harasser. Guys in their 20's and 30's find it just as strange that you would react that way. They have been taught to be passive and if picked on go through the proper channels to try and get relief from your harasser.

  5. #25
    Veteran steelchamp204's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Posts
    3,929
    Quote Originally Posted by Rocky#20 View Post
    I think the major disagreement between the posters on this site is generational. Someone like myself born in the 1950's find it strange that if you are being picked on that you wouldn't stand up and fight your harasser. Guys in their 20's and 30's find it just as strange that you would react that way. They have been taught to be passive and if picked on go through the proper channels to try and get relief from your harasser.
    I was born in 1988 and dont take things the "passive" way. It's called, you can go to jail now for punching someone in the gut anymore, why would I do that at age 25 now?? I just call it standing up for yourself and putting your foot down. Fighting days were over after I was out of high school and had to grow up some. I'm not getting sued or going to jail because the way to show anyone you mean business is to pull a 1950's stunt. Laws are much more strict now. You dont have to beat the **** out of people to get your point across anymore.

  6. #26
    Banned
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Posts
    1,411
    Quote Originally Posted by Rocky#20 View Post
    I think the major disagreement between the posters on this site is generational. Someone like myself born in the 1950's find it strange that if you are being picked on that you wouldn't stand up and fight your harasser. Guys in their 20's and 30's find it just as strange that you would react that way. They have been taught to be passive and if picked on go through the proper channels to try and get relief from your harasser.



    Yeah but what you fail to understand is that these kids, in their 20's grew up in the age where Bullying can not lead to a fight...but a All-out Massacre, like a work-place shooting or school shooting, ect. I mean how Nutty was RI ? Maybe Martin was justifiably scared for his life, and the life of his family. I still think there is a ton more about this that we all don't know. And if the League, or Dolphins have their way...we will never know. I think Martin did have some emotional problems that go back before he was drafted into the league. But that does not justify what RI said. But I really wanna hear that message, cause just seeing and reading the words, you can't determine by RI's voice just how serious he may have sounded, or if it was just obviously sarcasim, or RI trying to be funny. Not that it makes it okay...but I just wanna hear it for myself.

  7. #27
    Keeper of Keys Dean Denton's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Polamalu Island or Seattle. Its the same place.
    Posts
    4,060
    My Mood
    Aggressive
    Maybe everyone should have watched Mike&Mike today. Chris Carter, both Mikes and Ditka all think Martin should have stood up for himself and slapped cognito in the face. No mention of getting in trouble from the law because they all know this would get handled in the locker room. These former players all know that in this situation Martin needed to man up because letting this go on for this long and handling it this way is gonna lose him respect in the locker room. If you think I'm lying, watch the show. None of them are on cognitos side, but they think at some point you need to fight for yourself. They also feel the veterans would have stood up for Martin in a fight, claiming nobody knew this was going on. These guys have a better feel of a locker room then any of us so take what you want from this. Also, cognito brings more to the team then Martin from a players stand point.
    Be who you are, become what you dream....

  8. #28
    Banned
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Posts
    1,411
    Quote Originally Posted by Dean Denton View Post
    Maybe everyone should have watched Mike&Mike today. Chris Carter, both Mikes and Ditka all think Martin should have stood up for himself and slapped cognito in the face. No mention of getting in trouble from the law because they all know this would get handled in the locker room. These former players all know that in this situation Martin needed to man up because letting this go on for this long and handling it this way is gonna lose him respect in the locker room. If you think I'm lying, watch the show. None of them are on cognitos side, but they think at some point you need to fight for yourself. They also feel the veterans would have stood up for Martin in a fight, claiming nobody knew this was going on. These guys have a better feel of a locker room then any of us so take what you want from this. Also, cognito brings more to the team then Martin from a players stand point.



    Get handled in the Locker room ?....You mean just like Gilbert Arenas and his teammate that went at it in their Locker room, and they each pulled out a Automatic weapon, and aimed it at one another....like that ? Dude, this is NOT the 70's or 80's anymore. In this age right now, Idiots have guns in their lockers, and have used them. You haven't a CLUE as to what totally happened. So to call out Martin for not being YOUR version of a man is just out and out Stupidity!!

  9. #29
    Keeper of Keys Dean Denton's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Polamalu Island or Seattle. Its the same place.
    Posts
    4,060
    My Mood
    Aggressive
    I really doubt Martin has a gun in his locker. Maybe a purse. And handling things in house has been done since the beginning of sports. I'm not gonna argue with former players because I know they know what goes on in the locker rooms more then we do. And it doesn't have to result in a brawl, but you have to show pride in yourself and that's what they are trying to say. Stand up to bully's is their message because no one is gonna do it for you. Not when it comes to grown men. And they all agree the players at this point would rather have cognito back than Martin. Wonder why.
    Be who you are, become what you dream....

  10. #30
    Draft Pick
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Posts
    281
    The one thing I can think that we all agree on is that the bad person here is Incognito not Martin. I'm just glad we don't have this circus here in Pittsburgh. I would rather have a lousy team than go through the embarrassment of what's going on in Miami.

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. The TP situation
    By PITTxPRIDE in forum Steelers Talk
    Replies: 15
    Last Post: 03-28-2012, 03:46 PM
  2. Steelers QB Situation
    By MDSteel15 in forum Steelers War Room
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 04-14-2009, 11:58 AM
  3. A look at our Linebacker situation
    By BlackGold4vr in forum Steelers War Room
    Replies: 50
    Last Post: 04-09-2007, 09:56 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •