Page 1 of 11 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Recipe for winning on D

Bookmark and Share
    Rookie Free Agent

Recipe for winning on D

Tackle the guy with the weird looking thing made of leather.

Side note: That leather thing? It's important. The guys wearing clothes that don't look like the clothes you're wearing? Take the leather thing away from them.

Football rocket surgery 101.

Draft Pick
    How about not losing games to QB's like Jake Locker, Matt Cassel and Terrell Pryor.

Starts with a decent NT to push the middle or take up 2-3 blockers while maintaining gap control. It also takes 2 safeties, seems like we are only playing with 1.

Quote Originally Posted by steelchamp204 View Post
    Starts with a decent NT to push the middle or take up 2-3 blockers while maintaining gap control. It also takes 2 safeties, seems like we are only playing with 1.
    we need TWO awesome MLB's not one....

We have 1st and 2nd round OLB's they should be fine.

DL has this D playing safe... When have we had multiple just all out blitzes...

were boring..

The RT and LT worry about the OLB's, the OC sends out the tailback or TE as a check down and they gain 7 yards.

Ike and Allen or whoever, play 12 yards back of the line on 3rd and 10

Boring and Safe I guess.

Quote Originally Posted by coldrolled View Post
    we need TWO awesome MLB's not one....

We have 1st and 2nd round OLB's they should be fine.

DL has this D playing safe... When have we had multiple just all out blitzes...

were boring..

The RT and LT worry about the OLB's, the OC sends out the tailback or TE as a check down and they gain 7 yards.

Ike and Allen or whoever, play 12 yards back of the line on 3rd and 10

Boring and Safe I guess.
    I believe when Spence comes back next year MLB will be set. Vince Williams has shown some positives for sure also.

Recipe for winning on D

Quote Originally Posted by steelchamp204 View Post
    I believe when Spence comes back next year MLB will be set. Vince Williams has shown some positives for sure also.
    Spence is a good story, and I would love for him to succeed, but I do not understand why some believe he will fix anything. He has never played a snap of pro football. He has been through a devastating injury, which most would never return from with their strenght intact. Even disregarding this, he was very undersized coming out, and reminded too much of a poor mans version of Timmons. I want him to become a good player, but I am not at all convinced he will be.
    However much you think you know about football, rest assured that Skip Bayless knows more!

the only way to win games is to FIRE ALL THE COACHES

AND CUT EVERYONE

Quote Originally Posted by JensK View Post
    Spence is a good story, and I would love for him to succeed, but I do not understand why some believe he will fix anything. He has never played a snap of pro football. He has been through a devastating injury, which most would never return from with their strenght intact. Even disregarding this, he was very undersized coming out, and reminded too much of a poor mans version of Timmons. I want him to become a good player, but I am not at all convinced he will be.
    He looked very good in his preseason games on how he read the offense and made his way through blocks. I know, it's only preseason, but the kid has a nose for the football. He was very small coming out, but he is also a very smart football player. Jarvis Jones is undersized also.

My Mood
    Ratbirds

Recipe for winning on D

Quote Originally Posted by JensK View Post
    Bingo. If we are relying on a third year rookie next season, we are screwed.

I remember this past preseason some posters saying that one of the nose tackles would step up "because they have to." The same with Paulson. Guess what? It did not happen and wishing it to happen will not make it happen.
    "If I could start my life all over again, I would be a professional football player, and you damn well better believe I would be a Pittsburgh Steeler." -Jack Lambert

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by K Train View Post
    the only way to win games is to FIRE ALL THE COACHES

AND CUT EVERYONE
    That's just crazy and irrational. As a matter of fact, coaches should never get fired. They should be given tenure. Furthermore, term limits for politicians should also be done away with. I mean everyone knows that a good politician needs at least two terms just to get warmed up.

Thread Information