Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 91011

Thread: Recipe for winning on D

Bookmark and Share
    Polamalu Island or Seattle. Its the same place.
    My Mood
    Cheerful
    Quote Originally Posted by K Train View Post
    i think its silly to just assume butler wants to be lebeau
    True, but since when are the Steelers in the business of protecting people's feelings. If our current coordinator is not getting the job done, ie personnel or scheme, whatever, why not give this guy a chance now then? Lebeau is not bigger than this organization and this team-city is losing money every year we don't host a playoff game (going on 3years now) so why not make the change if that's the direction we're going next year? That would only benefit the current players heading into next year. Point being, I think it's safe to say this season is finished and its time to look to the future.
    Be who you are, become what you dream....

My Mood
    Ratbirds
    i think its silly to just assume butler wants to be lebeau
    Agreed, but we also cannot assume that he will do something different/better than DLB either. I think asking what he will do and how it will make us better is fair. He is somewhat of an unknown quantity.
    "If I could start my life all over again, I would be a professional football player, and you damn well better believe I would be a Pittsburgh Steeler." -Jack Lambert

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Quote Originally Posted by Dean Denton View Post
    True, but since when are the Steelers in the business of protecting people's feelings. If our current coordinator is not getting the job done, ie personnel or scheme, whatever, why not give this guy a chance now then? Lebeau is not bigger than this organization and this team-city is losing money every year we don't host a playoff game (going on 3years now) so why not make the change if that's the direction we're going next year? That would only benefit the current players heading into next year. Point being, I think it's safe to say this season is finished and its time to look to the future.
    Not to mention do we even know if Ben wants to play here anymore. If you were him, would you want to?

Quote Originally Posted by TarlsQtr View Post
    Agreed, but we also cannot assume that he will do something different/better than DLB either. I think asking what he will do and how it will make us better is fair. He is somewhat of an unknown quantity.
    Just think about your current job, just cause you have a boss that you've learned stuff from doesn't mean you'd do exactly the same if you took over for them.

Maybe they don't see eye to eye on a lot of things and butler has huge ideas but staying and coaching the linebackers waiting for the old man to move on was his best option. I'd be excited to see what he could bring, there's am
    Awful lot of coaches who worked under coaches they are nothing like when they get their shot

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Still, what I said makes the most sense to me then if that's the case.

My Mood
    Ratbirds

Recipe for winning on D

Just think about your current job, just cause you have a boss that you've learned stuff from doesn't mean you'd do exactly the same if you took over for them.

Maybe they don't see eye to eye on a lot of things and butler has huge ideas but staying and coaching the linebackers waiting for the old man to move on was his best option. I'd be excited to see what he could bring, there's am
    Awful lot of coaches who worked under coaches they are nothing like when they get their shot
    I just do not think that they kept him on as D Coordinator in waiting because he is so DIFFERENT than DLB. I am not saying that he will not be different, just that we do not know much of anything about him. His only DC job was in 1998 for Arkansas State.
    "If I could start my life all over again, I would be a professional football player, and you damn well better believe I would be a Pittsburgh Steeler." -Jack Lambert

My Mood
    Cheerful
    So if the franchise is going to pick the coordinators they want then what is the point of the head coach? I don't remember Cowher having coordinators picked for him. And how is this different from what Jerry Jones and AL Davis have done with their teams? How can we judge Tomlin if he's not given a chance to bring in what he thinks are coaches that can help the talent on this team?

Quote Originally Posted by Dean Denton View Post
    So if the franchise is going to pick the coordinators they want then what is the point of the head coach? I don't remember Cowher having coordinators picked for him. And how is this different from what Jerry Jones and AL Davis have done with their teams? How can we judge Tomlin if he's not given a chance to bring in what he thinks are coaches that can help the talent on this team?
    Honestly you have no idea what the inner workings were in hiring haley or keeping lebeau/arians on his staff, you are making massive assumptions

Assistant Coach Real Deal Steel's Avatar
    Are not we all making massive assumptions?
    The Steeler way...is the only way.

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Quote Originally Posted by Real Deal Steel View Post
    Are not we all making massive assumptions?
    Yes....

Thread Information